This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc). Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Celestron's C5 Spotting Scope is a 5" (127mm) aperture, 1250 mm f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain optical system. Its optical excellence is the reason it was chosen by NASA for many space shuttle missions.
The C5 spotting scope is an ideal choice for the serious bird watcher, nature lover or anyone who enjoys beautiful views -either from your home or in the field. At just six pounds in weight and 11 inches in length, this spotting scope is a completely portable visual and photographic instrument that performs well in any viewing location. Further, Celestron offers a wide variety of optional accessories to expand the capabilities of this special instrument.
The C5's aperture of 5" allows it to easily outperform smaller aperture spotting scopes. Offering 4 1/2 times more light gathering ability than a 60 mm spotting scope and 2 1/2 times more than an 80 mm scope, Celestron's C5 is the clear choice when a powerful instrument delivering brilliant, crisp views is what you require.
The C5 spotting scope is a wonderfully versatile instrument, and its near focus of approximately 20 feet allows you to observe plant life, wildlife, birds or insects with ease. At the same time, the C5 can also be used as an astronomical telescope. In addition, the C5 goes easily from working as a powerful spotting scope to being a high performance 1250 mm f/10 telephoto lens.
Photography couldn't be easier, because the C5 is designed to be fully camera adaptable. To take professional quality shots with the C5, just attach the correct optional T- Adapter and T-Ring for your 35 mm SLR camera to the back of the C5 spotting scope, and you're ready to shoot. The tripod adapter block on the C5's tube makes easy work of mounting the instrument onto a tripod for either viewing or photography. The C5 comes complete inside its own soft sided carrying case.
- 5" Schmidt-Cassegrain Optical Design
- StarBright XLT Coatings
- 25 mm (50x) Eyepiece
- 45 degrees Erect Image Diagonal
- 6x30 Erect Image Finderscope
- Water-Resistant Soft-Sided Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Optical Design Learn More : Schmidt-Cassegrain
- Aperture Learn More : 127 mm (5 in)
- Focal Length Learn More : 1250 mm (49.21 in)
- Focal Ratio Learn More : 9.84
- Finderscope Learn More : 8x20
- Angle Learn More : 0 or 45 degrees
- Eyepiece 1 Learn More : 25 mm (0.98 in)
- Magnification 1 Learn More : 50 x
- Carrying Case Learn More : Foam Case
- Angular Field of View Learn More : 1 degree
- Linear Field of View (@ 1000 yds) Learn More :53 ft (16.15 m)
- Eye Relief Learn More : 22 mm (0.87 in)
- Near Focus (Binoculars) Learn More :20 ft (6.1 m)
- Optical Coatings Learn More :StarBright
- Camera Adaptable Learn More : Optional T-Adapter
- Optical Tube Length Learn More : 13 in (330.2 mm)
- Weight Learn More : 96 oz (2721.55 g)