The AVR-E400 7.1 Channel Network Home Theater Receiver from Denon provides powerful surround sound performance with advanced networking technology. Network functionality supports Internet radio services such as SiriusXM and vTuner, as well as Apple's AirPlay technology. The sophisticated video processor includes SD-to-HD up-conversion, along with 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160) for the next generation of 4K Ultra HDTVs. Additionally, a simple interface provides quick and easy setup so you can start enjoying your multimedia right away.
Audyssey Bronze is our entry level of support for Audyssey technologies and includes Audyssey MultEQ, Audyssey Dynamic Volume, and Audyssey Dynamic EQ. Audyssey MultEQ calibrates the system for as many as six different seating positions; essentially everyone gets a "good seat", not just the lucky person sitting directly in front of the display. Its use greatly improves the sound quality of any home theater system. Audyssey Dynamic Volume senses the impending arrival of very loud sounds and automatically reduces the difference between normal and extra-loud programming. Audyssey Dynamic EQ automatically adjusts subwoofer and surround speaker levels for maximum performance at any playback volume.
Easy to Setup and Easy to Use
Setup is a breeze, thanks to the on-screen graphical display, which combines large, clear text and icons, so you can easily make all necessary adjustments and settings during setup, to quickly and easily optimize the AVR-E400 for your particular speaker setup and source equipment. The exclusive Denon Setup Assistant easily walks you through the whole process.
The Denon easy connect speaker connections on the rear panel are spring loaded and color-coded for quick and easy connection, and the supplied color-coded speaker cable labels ensure correct speaker cable hookup the very first time.
The easy to use remote control features discrete source selection buttons that let you choose your preferred source with the touch of one button (no need to toggle through all the inputs to get to your preferred source component).
High Power, High Quality 7 Channel Power Amplifier Design
A hallmark of Denon's legendary sound quality is the use of identical power amp circuitry for all channels, including our all-discrete power amplifier output stage design. Rated at a maximum of 185 watts for each of the 7 channels, the AVR-E400 provides high power and wide dynamic range with low distortion for a superb surround sound listening experience.
Enjoy Music In Two Different Rooms
You can configure the AVR-E400 for a full 7.1 channel system, or you can choose to have a 5.1 channel receiver system in the main room and connect a pair of stereo speakers that are located in another room. Enjoy thrilling surround sound in the main room while at the same time others can enjoy stereo sound from different source in the second room.
6 HDMI Video Inputs with 1080p and 4K Upconversion and 3D Pass-through
For total system connectivity, the AVR-E400 is equipped with 6 HDMI inputs including 5 on the rear panel along with 1 on the front panel, which lets you quickly and easily connect your HDMI-equipped camcorder, game console or other portable multimedia device.
With HDMI Standby Pass-through, you can enjoy a program from your cable or satellite tuner on your TV without the need to turn the AVR-E400 on, which is ideal for casual viewing of newscasts and the like.
Audyssey MultEQ for Easy, Great Sounding Speaker Setup
For quick and easy setup the AVR-E400 features Audyssey MultEQ automatic room acoustic measurement and correction system to provide best tonal balance to your listening environment, along with Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Audyssey Dynamic Volume for thrilling surround sound even at the reduced volume levels.
Control the Receiver from your iOS or Android Device
The AVR-E400 can be controlled using your iOS or Android mobile device. Using the Denon Remote App, you can control almost every aspect of your multimedia experience, including browsing Internet radio and files on a media server, playlist creation, volume, input selection, surround sound modes and menu navigation.
Front Panel USB Input
With a built-in USB port, the AVR-E400 supports digital music playback and charging from an iPod, iPhone, iPad, or USB device.
The receiver measures 6.4 x 17.1 x 13.2 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 20.7 pounds.
The AVR-E400 is backed by a two-year limited warranty.
- 7 channel discrete amplification (Maximum power: 185 watts per channel)
- Easy to setup and easy to use via text and graphical on screen display with Setup Assistant
- Simple, Denon Easy Connect speaker terminals.
- Stream iTunes music with Apple's AirPlay technology
- Stream music from Pandora, SiriusXM, and Spotify internet radio (subscriptions required)
- Video upconversion to 1080P and 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160)
- 6 HDMI inputs, including 1 front panel, with 4K Ultra HD and 3D pass-through
- Audyssey Bronze Built-In for perfection in surround sound
- Experience 185 watts x 7 channels
- Deliver next generation 4K Ultra HDTV through this 7.1
- Channel Network Home Theater Receiver
- Control the receiver from your iOS or Android device
- Quickly and easily connect all your multimedia devices through 6 HDMI video inputs
- Series: E-Series
- Finish: Black
- Equal Power Amplifiers: Yes - 7 Channel
- Power Output Per Channel(20Hz-20kHz, 0.08% THD @ 8ohm): 90 Watts
- Power Output Per Channel(1kHz, 0.7% THD @ 6ohm): 125 Watts
- Maximum Power Output Per Channel: 185 Watts
- High-Current/Discrete Amplifiers
- Remote Control: Simple Remote
- Interactive Owners Manual on CD-R
- Warranty: 2 Years New / 1 Year Refurbished
- Weight (lbs): 20.7
- Width (inches): 17.1
- Height (inches): 6.38
- Depth (inches): 13.15
- HDMI Inputs: 6 (3D/1080p/4K Ultra HD)
- HDMI Outputs: 1
- Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- HDMI Deep Color Support
- HDMI xvYCC Color Space Support
- Front Panel Inputs: HDMI/USB
- Digital Inputs: Optical: 1
- Digital Inputs: Coaxial: 1
- Analog Audio Inputs: 4
- Tuner: AM/FM
- Composite Video Inputs: 2
- Component Video Inputs: 1
- Ethernet Port - Network Audio/Photo Streaming
- Main Zone Pre-Amp Outputs: LFE
- Mobile App Control: Android & iOS
- Apple AirPlay Certified
- Online Music Streaming Services: Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM - Subscription Required
- dlna 1.5 Certified
- Windows Certification: Windows 8/RT
- vTuner Internet Radio Service
- Compatible Music Formats - USB: MP3, WMA, AAC, ALAC, FLAC
- Compatible Music Formats - dlna Streaming: MP3, WMA, AAC, ALAC, FLAC
- High Resolution Audio Format Support: 192kHz/24-bit FLAC & WAV, 96kHz/24-bit ALAC
- Compressed Audio Restorer
- Flickr Photo Streaming
- Made for iPod/iPhone Certified USB Input
- Web Browser Control and Setup
- Online Firmware Update Capability
- Easy Setup Assistant for First Time Setup
- Input Delete Function
- Auto/Manual Room Equalization
- Audyssey MultEQ
- Audyssey Dynamic Volume
- Audyssey Dynamic EQ
- Variable High/Low Pass Crossover Points (12/24dB) - 40/60/80/100/ 120/150/200/250
- Source Function Renaming
- Video Conversion - Analog to HDMI
- Video Scaling: Yes (1080P/4K Ultra HD)
- Icon-Based Graphical User Interface with Video Overlay
- Audio Signal Delay - By source
- 56 Station Auto-Preset Memory Tuning
- Video Select Control: Yes w\HDMI
- Multi-Source/Multi-Zone: 2S/2Z
- Discrete Remote Power On/Off, Source Selection and Volume for Main and Second/Third Zones
- Assignable Amplifier Configuration of Surround Back Channels: Surround Back, Zone 2, PLIIz
- Relay-Controlled Protection Circuits
- Pre Labled Assignable Digital Inputs
- Pre Labled Assignable Analog Inputs
- Speaker Terminals: New Denon Easy Connect Speaker Terminals
- Audio DAC: 192kHz/24-bit
- Video Processing: Analog Device 12-bit -ADV8003
- Analog DevicesFull 12-bit Input/Output Video Processing/Scaling: Analog Device 12-bit -ADV8003
- Independent Power Supplies
- DSP Processor: Analog Devices 32-bit
- Maximum Channel Processing: 7.1
- Dolby Pro Logic IIz - with Cinema, Music, Game Modes
- Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital+ Decoding
- Dolby Digital Surround EX Decoding
- dts-HD Master Audio and High Resolution Decoding
- dts ES Discrete 6.1 Decoding
- dts Neo:6 Stereo-to-Surround Cinema and Music Mode
- dts 96/24 5.1 for DVD-Video Processing
- Pure Direct/Direct/Stereo Modes on Digital/Analog inputs
- Multi-Channel Stereo Mode
- Video Game Mode
- Mono Movie Surround Mode
- Rock Arena Surround Mode
- Matrix Surround Mode
- Jazz Club Surround Mode
- Virtual Surround Mode - For 2 Speakers/Headphones