- PowerShot SX520 HS Digital Camera
- 8GB Secure Digital SD Memory Card
- Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag for Cameras/Camcorders
- 3 Piece Lens Cleaning Kit
Remarkable Zoom. Amazing Power.
Imagine capturing beautiful scenic panoramas, elusive wildlife, an athlete's intensity, or a child's wonder... all from a distance that won't interrupt the action. The PowerShot SX520 HS makes this kind of versatility easy with an incredible 42x Optical Zoom and 24mm Wide-Angle lens. This camera was born to zoom, with features and systems designed to make high-magnification shooting with advanced Canon optics simple and spectacular. The Optical Image Stabilizer and Intelligent IS keep images clear and steady, while Zoom Framing Assist and a new Advanced Zoom Framing Assist function help you track and capture subjects, follow their movement and keep them in focus - whether you're shooting stills or super-lifelike 1080p Full HD video. And High Speed AF means reduced lag time. Truly impressive quality is yours with every shot - even in low light - thanks to a 16.0 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor that together create the Canon HS SYSTEM. Use this sophisticated point-and-shoot wherever you go to capture memories with the quality and versatility they deserve.
*Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels.
**32 predefined shooting situations for still images, and 21 predefined shooting situations for video.
42x Optical Zoom and 24mm Wide-Angle Lens
There's a whole new world to see when you step up to PowerShot SX520 HS. Experience breathtaking quality and unlimited versatility with the camera's 42x Optical Zoom (24?1008mm) and 24mm Wide-Angle lens. Say goodbye to the frustration of shooting with a camera that keeps you stuck in one place. This powerful zoom lets you capture the proud smile of a graduate from the back row of an auditorium, architectural details atop an imposing structure, and memorable candids of children and pets without interrupting the scene. Advanced Canon optics bring depth and resonance to shots at any zoom length, giving you the freedom to go beyond the ordinary to create images and preserve memories any way you want. The lens's Optical Image Stabilizer helps ensure that every image you capture will be sharp and steady.
16.0 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor
The PowerShot SX520 HS camera's 16.0 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor is the highest resolution CMOS sensor used in any PowerShot camera. The difference this makes in your everyday photography is remarkable. The large sensor takes in more light, so images are clear and beautifully detailed. High ISO shots are particularly impressive, with less noise and expanded dynamic range. And the 16.0 Megapixel resolution gives you the flexibility to be more creative with your shots: crop and enlarge any part of an image ? you can be confident that the detail and resolution you need are there.
DIGIC 4+ Image Processor
The Canon DIGIC 4+ Image Processor powers the PowerShot SX520 HS camera's advanced functions and capabilities, including Hybrid Auto, Creative Shot, and Full HD video shooting at 30p. Its accelerated processing speed creates fast, responsive performance, for a shooting experience that's easy and natural. The DIGIC 4+ Image Processor also enhances image quality in several ways. Processing of high ISO shots has been shortened by approximately 60% compared to the DIGIC 4 Image Processor. This significantly reduces noise for brilliant color, smooth gradations, and beautiful detail even in low light. The processor also allows for the integration of electronic Dynamic IS. This advanced system compensates for multiple motion types, effectively preventing angular blur, shift blur, and blur caused by parallel movement and tilt shift. The result is images that are reliably sharp and clear at all lengths of the camera's powerful zoom. The processor's highly efficient design also extends battery life.
Canon HS SYSTEM helps provide excellent low-light performance
The compact PowerShot SX520 HS gives you the power to capture beautifully detailed, naturally lit images even in low light ? reducing the need for flash and the occasionally unwelcome effects it produces. That's because the camera's 16.0 Megapixel* High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works with the camera's DIGIC 4+ Image Processor to create the Canon HS SYSTEM, specifically engineered for spectacular low-light performance. With the Canon HS SYSTEM, you'll experience excellent tracking performance even in low light, and achieve gorgeous still image quality at ISO speeds up to ISO 3200; beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas.
*Image processing may cause a decrease in number of pixels.
Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video with a dedicated movie button, plus zoom while shooting
Simply touch the dedicated movie button on the PowerShot SX520 HS to start recording video in 1080p Full HD that is breathtakingly vivid and realistic. You're free to use the full range of the zoom in movie mode to get the video you want. You can also view and share your video on an HDTV to enjoy.
The latest advance in Canon Optical Image Stabilization technology, Intelligent IS, analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Active Tripod IS modes. With Intelligent IS, you can concentrate on image capture, letting the camera make the most effective IS settings to help capture the steadiest possible image.
- Normal IS Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.
- Panning IS Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS Corrects for shift-type camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (close-up) shooting.
- Tripod When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.
- Dynamic IS Effective for video shooting at wide-angle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.
- Powered IS Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.
- Macro (Hybrid) IS Corrects for motion blur that is likely to occur when shooting video while walking. Also compensates for the shift-type camera shake common in macro shooting.
- Active Tripod IS When shooting video while using a tripod, the image stabilization is active to compensate for slight camera shake.
Zoom Framing Assist with seek function and enhanced automatic zoom
With its 42x Optical Zoom lens, the PowerShot SX520 HS camera has the telephoto reach to capture subjects a long distance away. At maximum telephoto, however, it can be challenging to track a moving subject. The Zoom Framing Assist seek function makes it much easier to use the camera's powerful zoom lens. When you press and hold the Zoom Framing Assist button, the camera will automatically zoom out to include a wider angle of view, enabling you to more easily locate your moving subject. Once you find it, releasing the button will cause the lens to return to its original zoom position, intelligently keeping the subject in focus until you're ready to shoot and capture the perfect close-up moment. You can even make zoom adjustments while the button is pressed, with an animated assist frame that makes viewing easy. When the button is released, the lens will return to the adjusted zoom position. And with the Zoom Framing Assist Lock, the camera will lock onto and automatically track a subject, intelligently keeping them in the center of the frame until you're ready to capture the perfect close-up shot.
Zoom Framing Assist offers a new seek assist function that detects when you're panning (for instance, to search for the location of a soccer ball) and automatically zooms out to help; stop panning, and the zoom returns to its original position. Zoom Framing Assist keeps your subject's face the same size in your frame no matter how they move. Tap the Zoom Framing Assist function button to detect your subject's face. As your subject retreats and advances the camera automatically zooms in and out so their face remains the same size. It's especially useful for capturing the expressions of fast-moving children. The system has been further enhanced by letting you choose the subject's size: choices include face, upper body, whole body, manual or off for superior assistance and control. And, for even more convenience, all Zoom Framing Assist functions are also available when shooting video.
High Speed AF
The PowerShot SX520 HS camera is equipped with Canon's latest advancements in autofocus (AF) technology. Canon's advanced AF achieves a significant increase in speed for a shooting experience that's spontaneous and natural. The remarkably responsive High Speed AF lets you capture great shots as they happen, with reduced lag time.
Several engineering breakthroughs contributed to this major enhancement to speed. In addition to improved AF algorithms, the camera can process multiple sequences simultaneously, and takes advantage of reworked controls between AF and the start of shooting.
Creative Shot mode uses composition, color and lighting from your original image to create unique images with an artistic flair
The Creative Shot mode featured on the PowerShot SX520 HS can help anyone create images with artistic flair. Rather than randomly applying filters, Creative Shot mode takes advantage of advanced Canon technologies to analyze the individual scene, subject and exposure to apply any of 46 filter options. In addition to the original shot, the camera automatically produces and saves five additional variations of the composition. Filter choices are grouped into Retro, Monochrome, Special and Natural categories to make exploring the world of artistic photography fun and easy, or simply select Auto to access the full range of effects. With Creative Shot mode, the result is stunning artistic photos that are perfect for sharing.
Hybrid Auto records up to four seconds of video every time you shoot a still image, then automatically joins the clips and pictures* into a video that captures the essence of special days: vacations, important occasions, or any time you're shooting many shots in a day. In this mode, Hybrid Auto automatically recognizes the scene and optimizes camera settings to capture the highest possible image quality. The resulting 1080 HD video is properly exposed, crisp and steady, so your ?highlight reel? is stunningly beautiful.
Smart AUTO is a sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button. It automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture, whether you're shooting stills or video. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
Secure Enhanced Grip
Canon developed an innovative new grip for the PowerShot SX520 HS, optimized specifically for the camera's powerful zooming capability. The invitingly curved grip fits effortlessly into your hand. Without any strain, your fingers comfortably and naturally reach the shutter and dial, minimizing the potential for shake at long zoom lengths.
Convenient Front Dial
The PowerShot SX520 HS shares a feature with higher end cameras: a convenient front dial. The dial's placement puts important adjustments easily within your reach without releasing your hold on the secure grip, further stabilizing shooting at the camera's long zoom lengths.
PowerShot cameras offer shooting modes that make it easy to take impressive photos in a wide range of shooting situations by providing intelligent presets with optimized settings.
- Manual: You have complete control of exposure, selecting both aperture and shutter speed manually.
- Aperture-Priority: You set the aperture, controlling depth-of-field. The camera automatically selects the shutter speed.
- Shutter-priority: You select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
- Program: Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Live View Control: Enables Brightness, Color, and Tone adjustments to your images using easy-to-understand controls.
- Hybrid Auto: Automatically selects shooting settings for optimal quality and records a video clip every time you capture a still image. One day's worth of clips are then combined into a single video.
- Smart AUTO: The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Creative Shot: Analyzes the scene and applies a number of creative filters to automatically create five variations in addition to the original image.
- Portrait: The camera sets a large aperture, focusing on the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop".
- Smart Shutte:r The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- High-Speed Burst: Captures rapid action frame by frame, by shooting continuously at a high speed while the shutter button is held down.
- Low Light: For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
This setting provides easy access to special filter effects and scene modes, such as Toy Camera Effect, Poster Effect, Monochrome and more.
- Fisheye Effect: Add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect: for Movies & Stills Emphasizes perspectives for a miniature effect by blurring upper and lower portions of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect: Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome: Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid: Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect: Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Snow: Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks: Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Movie: Record video in stereo sound. Unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.