The Astell&Kern is the ultimate portable Hi-Fi audio system
The Astell&Kern is the ultimate portable high-fidelity audio system capable of playing Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) from music mastering studios. MQS refers to all of the high resolution digital music recording studio formats up to 24-bit/ 44 - 192kHz. MQS delivers vast amounts of better music experience because MQS delivers 6.5 times of the detailed information in the same track.
What is the Portable MQS System?
Astell&Kern is the ultimate portable high-fidelity audio system capable of studio Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) is an acronym of collective lossless & high-resolution audio source formats, typically in 24-bit/44 to 192kHz of bit/sampling rates. Because MQS delivers about 6.5 times more detail than a conventional CD format (16bit/44.1kHz), listeners can enjoy a better and a more realistic sound quality.
24-bit/44 to 192kHz is the music industry norm used in the mastering process during sound production. However, the result of high resolution music files has to be compressed down to 16bit/44.1kHz so it can be stored into a single CD due to the memory storage shortcomings (-700MB). To produce the MP3 format, the high-resolution audio is compressed even further to 128 to 320kbps for the convenience of file size. These compressions remove the enormous amount of the details of the original recording because of memory storage limitations and listeners will never be able to hear the details.
Source frequency analysis comparison
When comparing the frequency of each digital audio format, data loss is even more visible. MP3 formats can only reproduce frequencies up to 16kHz. However, WAV formats sampled in 48kHz can be reproduced up to 22kHz and higher. Frequency rates of MQS files sampled in 44 to 192kHz can be reproduced even further than the WAV format.
- Exclusive AK120 TITAN design: scratch resistant hardened anodized coating gives a sliver/titanium colored look with analog volume wheel & guard
- Dual (2) Wolfson WM8740 DAC creates a true Dual - Mono setup that gives clear channel separation, broader dynamic range and soundstage
- Use the AK120 TITAN with or as a S-PDIF or USB DAC
- Full single-layer DSD (.DSF & .DFF) playback support
- Increased internal flash memory - 128GB / 2 Micro SD card slots (64GB support per slot) - Total of 256GB of music storage space
- 14 hours of continuous audio playback
- Intuitive user interface experience combined with an integrated touchscreen & control buttons
- Includes the premium 100% genuine Italian leather case made by Buttero
- Dimensions: 2.32" x 3.5" x 0.55" (in)
- Weight: 5 oz
- DAC: Dual (2) Wolfson WM8740
- Display: 2.4" IPS Touch Screen (320 x 240)
- Memory: 128GB Internal Flash / Dual Micro SD Card Slots (64GB Each)
- Audio Formats: WAV/FLAC/MP3/OGG/APE/WMV/AAC/ALAC/AIFF/DSD64 (.DSF and .DFF)
- Bluetooth: 3.0/A2DP
- Output Level: 1.5 VRMSTHD+N: < 0.0008%
- Signal to Noise: 113 dB
- Frequency Response: - 0.02 dB/20Hz - 20kHz
- Jitter: 50 PS
- Output Impedance 3 ohm
This Kit Includes:
AK120 TITAN Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable System
Astell & Kern AK120 TITAN Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable System
Our Price: $799.00
SR64UYA/TQMN 64GB Class 10 Micro SDXC R40 Memory Card
Sony SR64UYA/TQMN 64GB Class 10 Micro SDXC R40 Memory Card
Our Price: $28.99