- PowerShot SX280 HS Black Digital Camera
- 16 GB Secure Digital High Capacity (SDHC) Memory Card - Class 10
- BP-6L 1150mah Battery Pack for S95, SE500HS, D10, SX500IS, SD4000
- Compact Digital Camera Deluxe Carrying Case - BTC4
- Hi-Speed SD USB 2.0 Card Reader
- Flexible Mini Table-top Tripod
- ZE-MC3A Tri-fold Memory Card Wallet - Stores up to 3 Memory Cards
- Digital Camera and Camcorder Screen Protectors for LCD's (pack of 3)
- 3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
Super-Charged, Ready to Share
The PowerShot SX280 HS is a super-charged SX-series model featuring Canon's very latest proprietary processor, the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, for improved performance and exceptional clarity in low-light scenarios. The camera makes it easy to show off your high quality images and video wherever you are, with enhanced built-in Wi-Fi technology that lets you share photos with comments on social networking sites - even within specific groups. Capture everything from quick snaps to artistic images with a powerful 20x Optical Zoom and 25mm Wide-Angle lens, with Optical Image Stabilizer to reduce blur throughout the zoom range. Even low-light images impress with the Canon HS SYSTEM: a combination of a 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor and the new DIGIC 6 Image Processor. Preserve memories in ultra-smooth 1080p/60p Full HD video with the amazing processing power of the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which also enables enhanced Dynamic IS for reduced blur, plus video recording in the easy-to-share MP4 format. The camera also gives you access to extraordinary imaging capabilities with Smart AUTO that recognizes 58 predefined scenes, Face ID that adjusts focus and exposure for your loved ones, and Intelligent IS that dramatically reduces camera shake. New Hybrid Auto creates an optimized "highlight reel" of your day, while built-in GPS records the location and local time, making the PowerShot SX280 HS a perfect travel camera, ready to share the spectacular images you'll capture!
- Built-in Wi-Fi technology allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY; to a PC or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android device with the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app.
- Canon's powerful 20x Optical Zoom and 25mm Wide-Angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer delivers stunning images from up close or at a distance.
- 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the new DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM for improved low-light performance up to ISO 6400 and enhanced image quality.
- Capture 1080p/60p Full HD video for high-quality capture of moving subjects.
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 58 predefined shooting situations and Face ID function adjusts focus and exposure priority based on pre-registered faces.
- New Hybrid Auto utilizes a combination of Smart AUTO and Intelligent IS to create a beautiful and steady 720p HD video clip (up to approximately 4 seconds) in Movie Digest mode every time you shoot a still image.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- Remember where you were and when your photos were taken with a GPS tracker that records your location, and a logger lets you view the locations on a map using Canon software.
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 20x Optical, 4x Digital and 80x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
- 12.1 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS
- Approx. 12.8 Megapixels
- Approx. 12.1 Megapixels
- 4.5 (W) - 90.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 25-500mm)
- Normal: 2.0 in (5cm) - infinity (W), 3.3 ft. (1m) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 2.0 in. - 1.6 ft. (5-50cm) (W)
- TTL Autofocus, Manual Focus
- 3.0-inch TFT Color LCD with wide viewing angle
- Approx. 461,000 dots
- Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- f/3.5 (W) - f/6.8 (T)
- 1-1/3200 sec.
- 15-1/3200 sec. (in Tv and M modes)
- Auto, ISO 80-6400
Light Metering Method
- Evaluative, Center-weighte average, Spot
- Facial brightness is evaluated in Face Detection AF
- Metering frame is fixed to the center
Exposure Control Method
- Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift; AE Lock
- Still Images: ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Videos: ?3 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
White Balance Control
- Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Underwater, Custom
- Camera automatically sets the optimal ISO speed according to shooting mode.
- Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- 1.6 ft. - 11 ft. (W), 3.3 - 6.6 ft. (T) (50cm - 3.5m (W), (1.0 - 2.0m (T))
- Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance.
- 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 3.7 V)
Flash Exposure Compensation
- +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- M, Av, Tv, P, Live View Control, Hybrid Auto, Auto, Sports, Creative Filters, Discreet
- Shooting movies is possible with the movie button
- SCN - Portrait, Smart Shutter, High-Speed Burst HQ, Handheld Night Scene, Underwater, Snow, Fireworks
- Creative Filters - Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Soft Focus, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect
- Movie - Standard, Super Slow Motion Movie
- Smart Shutter - Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer
- My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red
- Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom
- Delay time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
1) Normal: Approx. 3.8 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Approx. 14.0 shots/sec. (in High-Speed Burst HQ)
2) AF: Approx. 1.0 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Approx. 5.1 shots/sec. (in High-Speed Burst HQ)
- Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically
- Differs depending on the zoom position.
- The maximum continuous capture is 7 frames.
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
Image Recording Format
- Superfine, Fine
JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG)
- Video: MP4 (Image: MPEG4-AVC / H.264; Audio: MPEG2 AAC-LC (Stereo))
Number of Recording Pixels
- Still Images:
1) 16:9 - Large: 4000 x 2248; Medium 1: 2816 x 1584; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
2) 3:2 - Large: 4000 x 2664; Medium 1: 2816 x 1880; Medium 2: 1600 x 1064; Small: 640 x 424
3) 4:3 - Large: 4000 x 3000; Medium 1: 2816 x 2112; Medium 2: 1600 x 1200; Small: 640 x 480
4) 1:1 - Large: 2992 x 2992; Medium 1: 2112 x 2112; Medium 2: 1200 x 1200; Small: 480 x 480
- Full HD 1920 x 1080: 60 fps, 30 fps (29.97)
- HD 1280 x 720: 30 fps (29.97)
- Miniature Effect HD 1280 x 720: 6 fps, 3 fps, 1.5 fps
- Miniature Effect 640 x 480: 6 fps / 3 fps / 1.5 fps
- Super Slow Motion Movie 640 x 480: 120 fps
- Super Slow Motion Movie 320 x 240: 240 fps
- 640 x 480: 30 fps (29.97)
- Digest Movie HD 1280 x 720: 30 fps (29.97)
Playback Modes File
Stills & Videos:
- Auto Rotate (Automatic vertical/horizontal detection), Index Continuous Display, Image Advance (Operation Tools, Transition Effects, Scroll Display), Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Digest Movie, Slideshow (Playback Interval, Repeat, Effect, Playlist), Search (Date, Favorites, Digest, People, Name)
- Single, Index, Magnification (2-10x), Switch to other images while zoomed, Information Display, Discreet, Red-eye Correction, i-Contrast, Photobook Setup, Trimming, Resize, My Colors, Face ID Info, Information Display (Histogram, Location Information, Overexposure Warning)
- Normal Playback, Slow Motion, Skip Backward, Previous Frame, Next Frame, Skip Forward, Erase chapters, Editing
- Using the software included with the camera (ImageBrowser EX), there are 8 levels (1/8x to 1x) of playback speed for Super Slow Motion Movies possible on a computer.
- Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted.
- NTSC/PAL (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video), Mini-HDMITM connector
- Stereo (dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers
- Battery Pack NB-6L
- Normal: Approx. 210 shots
- ECO Mode: Approx. 260 shots
- Approx. 3 hr. 30 min.
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 4.19 x 2.47 x 1.28 in. / 106.4 x 62.8 x 32.6mm
- 8.22 oz. / 233g (CIPA standard)
- 7.41 oz. / 210g (Body only)
- All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.