- EOS Digital Rebel T5 18MP SLR Digital Camera and EF-S 18-55mm IS II Kit
- EF 75-300mm F4-5.6 III Lens with Canon USA Warranty
- 50mm F/1.8 II Standard Auto Focus Lens
- Compact Deluxe Gadget Bag
- 3pc. Lens Cleaning Kit
- Professional Blower - Dust Removal system
EOS Performance Made Simple
Perfect for families, budding photo enthusiasts and first-time SLR users alike, the EOS Rebel T5 makes it easy to capture movies and photos that are nothing short of dazzling. It features a powerful 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor for easy recording of HD video and high-resolution photos and has a huge 3.0-inch LCD screen for Live View recording and review. With a 63-zone, Dual-layer metering system, an expanded ISO range for outstanding operation in less-than-perfect light, shooting modes like Scene Intelligent Auto to take the guesswork out of complex shots plus creative options like Canon's Basic+ function and Creative Auto, the EOS Rebel T5 is ready for anything. With a helpful Feature Guide, rugged, lightweight construction and proven Canon design, the EOS Rebel T5 makes EOS SLR photography faster and easier than ever!
18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) Sensor
The EOS Rebel T5 has an 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor) sensor that captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range, and offers more than enough resolution for big enlargements or crops - your photos can be printed and framed without having to worry about quality. This first-class sensor is APS-C sized for an effective 1.6x field of view (compared to 35mm format) and features many of the same new technologies as used by professional Canon cameras to maximize each pixel's light gathering, helping to ensure images are captured beautifully and brilliantly.
DIGIC 4 Image Processor
The DIGIC 4 Image Processor on the EOS Rebel T5 dramatically speeds up camera operations, offering an intuitive shooting experience and providing images full of detail and natural color reproduction. It works in concert with the camera's 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor to achieve phenomenal levels of performance in virtually every situation, so you can shoot without having to worry about camera processes.
EOS Full HD Movie
The EOS Rebel T5 offers easy-to-use video capture with breathtaking Full HD quality that is difficult for a smartphone to match. Capable of shooting in a number of recording sizes and frame rates, the EOS Rebel T5 offers outstanding video capturing performance, quality and simplicity - simply press the dedicated Live View/Movie Recording button to get started shooting. Additionally, the EOS Rebel T5 enables easy manual control of exposure, focus and Live View features and even allows for in-camera editing. And with a wealth of over 60 interchangeable lenses available to choose from, your video has plenty of creative options. Plus, with the Video Snapshot feature, the EOS Rebel T5 will capture short video clips (of 2, 4 or 8 seconds) then combine them automatically into one video file as a snapshot or highlights "album". With no editing needed after shooting, the compiled video is perfect for sharing online or displaying directly on an HDTV via the camera's HDMI port.
Scene Intelligent Auto mode
The EOS Rebel T5 features Scene Intelligent Auto mode, which incorporates a number of Canon technologies to deliver the best possible exposure, simply. Joining Picture Style Auto, Automatic Lighting Optimizer, Automatic White Balance, Autofocus, and Automatic Exposure, Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyzes the image, accounting for faces, colors, brightness, moving objects, contrast, and whether the camera is handheld or on a tripod. It then chooses the exposure and enhancements that bring out the best in any scene or situation. Users without extensive photography knowledge or experience will not need to puzzle over settings; the Scene Intelligent Auto mode simplifies DSLR image capture so photographers can simply concentrate on composing images.
To help explain the specific function of features found on the EOS Rebel T5, the Feature Guide displays a simple description helpful in determining the applicability for the situation at hand. It is displayed in each shooting mode, during mode dial operations, and for Quick Control screen functions. It appears automatically when a function is selected - a lifesaver when trying to determine the best mode or function for the next picture. The feature guide works automatically by default, and can be disabled easily through the camera's menu.
Up to 3.0 fps Continuous Shooting
The EOS Rebel T5 is a fast camera, capturing up to 3.0 fps (frames per second) for up to approximately 69 JPEGs or approximately 6 RAW files. Whether capturing the action on the soccer field or waiting for that perfect expression, the EOS Rebel T5 delivers intuitive, speedy operation for the best shot. With instant startup, speedy AF and virtually no shutter lag, the EOS Rebel T5 will help you capture the action, every time.
Large 3.0-inch LCD Monitor
The EOS Rebel T5 has a huge, bright 3.0-inch LCD monitor that is ideal for composing and capturing amazing images, as well as showing them off to friends and family. The large display has high resolution with 460,000 pixels and a wide viewing angle of 170 degrees. It's perfect for Live View composition or viewing camera settings like AF, ISO, Metering, AF Point selection and flash options.
ISO 100-6400 (Expandable to H: 12800)
With a broad range of light sensitivity ratings from ISO 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800), the EOS Rebel T5 is ready to go no matter the light, capturing the finest detail with ease. Thanks to this expanded ISO range, the EOS Rebel T5 can capture more subjects in more situations, handheld, without the need for flash. This means more natural and detailed looking pictures and movies that can be shot discreetly, with ease.
9-point AF System and AI Servo AF
The EOS Rebel T5 has exceptional autofocus with a 9-point AF system including a center cross-type AF point, delivering accurate focus whether the camera is oriented in portrait or landscape position. The system intelligently uses both normal and high-precision focus, depending on the aperture and available light, so your images are in crisp focus. An AI Servo AF system achieves and maintains consistent focus with an exceptional degree of reliability.
The EOS Rebel T5 allows you to capture images with a new perspective without any need for extra accessories. The camera features five different creative filters for still images: Grainy B/W, Soft Focus, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect and Toy Camera Effect. Each filter alters the mood and feel of any particular scene, allowing you to create photos with a fun, distinctive flair.
Basic+ and Creative Auto
The EOS Rebel T5 is always ready to take beautiful pictures automatically. For photographers looking to experiment with more advanced settings, the EOS Rebel T5 is loaded with features to take you to the next level. Basic+ makes it easy to create the image effects you want, changing ambience or scene type according to simple choices made on the camera's Quick Control Screen. And ideal for beginners looking to expand their photographic horizons is Creative Auto mode where basic settings are based on full automatic operation, but shooting guides on the LCD screen explain how to make changes to exposure, tone, sharpness and more, and how those changes will affect the final image. In essence, with Creative Auto mode, you can experiment and learn more about photography while still taking stunning photographs.
Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses
The EOS Rebel T5 is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF and EF-S lineup, ranging from ultra-wide angle to super telephoto lenses. Canon lenses employ advanced optical expertise and micron-precision engineering to deliver unprecedented performance in all facets of the photographic process. Numerous lenses feature Canon's sophisticated Optical Image Stabilizer technology to minimize the effect of camera shake. Through Canon lenses, photographers can truly maximize the quality and liberating performance of the EOS Rebel T5.
Compatible with GPS Receiver GP-E2
With the optional GPS Receiver GP-E2 attached to the hot shoe or the digital terminal, the EOS Rebel T5 can record location, including latitude, longitude and altitude, and has the ability to track the trajectory of movement with its logging function. An electric compass records the camera's orientation during each shot, and world time information is recorded through GPS syncing. With GPS information, you can always remember where and when your images were taken, perfect for tagging vacation photos or organizing albums.
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) image sensor and high-performance DIGIC 4 Image Processor for excellent speed and quality.
- EOS Full HD Movie mode helps you capture brilliant results.
- Scene Intelligent Auto mode helps deliver expertly optimized photos and offers improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Feature Guide offers short descriptions of shooting modes, settings and effects for easy operation.
- Continuous shooting up to 3.0 fps allows you to capture the action.
- Large, 3.0-inch LCD monitor for easy viewing and sharing with friends and family.
- ISO 100-6400 (expandable to H: 12800) for shooting from bright to dim light.
- 9-point AF system (including one center cross-type AF point) and AI Servo AF help provide necessary options for impressive autofocus performance and accurate results.
- Creative Filters including Toy Camera, Fisheye and Miniature Effect help you capture everything with a new perspective.
- Express your creativity with ease using advanced imaging features like Basic+ and Creative Auto.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
- Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex camera with built-in flash
- SD/SDHC/SDXC card, via external media (USB v.2.0 hard drive, or via Wireless LAN (Eye-Fi card))
- Canon cameras are not guaranteed to support Eye-Fi card functions, including wireless transfer. In case of an issue with the Eye-Fi card, please consult with the card manufacturer. The use of Eye-Fi cards may not be approved in all regions, or from one region to another; please contact the card manufacturer for status of approval in the country/region of use.
- Approx. 22.3mm x 14.9mm
- Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent focal length is approx. 1.6x the lens focal length)
- Canon EF mount
- High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
- Effective pixels: Approx. 18.00 megapixels
- Total pixels: Approx. 18.70 megapixels
- 4.3 ?m square
- 3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
Color Filter System
- RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter
- Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Fluorine coating on the top surface.
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Manual cleaning
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Self Cleaning Sensor Unit not included.
- Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 and Exif 2.30
(1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
(2) Medium: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3456 x 2304)
(3) Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2592 x 1728)
(4) S2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
(5) S3: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
(6) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
- Consecutive numbering, auto reset, manual reset
RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording
- Provided (RAW + JPEG)
- sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
Auto White Balance
- Auto white balance with the image sensor
Color Temperature Compensation
- White balance correction: ?9 levels
- White balance bracketing: ?3 levels in single-level increments
- Blue/amber direction or magenta/green direction possible
Color Temperature Information Transmission
- Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
- Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%
- Approx. 0.8x / 22.4? (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1 (dpt))
- Approx. 21 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
- Adjustable from approx. -2.5 to +0.5 m-1 (dpt)
- Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
1) AF information (AF points, focus confirmation light)
2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, AE lock, Exposure level, exposure warning)
3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light)
4) Image information (Highlight tone priority, Monochrome shooting, maximum burst, white balance correction, SD card information)
Depth Of Field Preview
- No depth-of-field preview button (Enabled with C.Fn 9-4)
- TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
-9-point AF (f/5.6 cross-type AF point at center)
AF Working Range
- Center AF Point: EV 0 - 18 (at 73?F/23?C, ISO 100)
- Other AF Points: EV 1 - 18 (at 73?F/23?C, ISO 100)
- One-Shot AF
- Predictive AI Servo AF
- AI Focus AF (Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF automatically)
(2) Manual focus (MF)
AF Point Selection
(1) Manual selection
(2) Auto selection
Selected AF Point Display
- Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor
AF Assist Beam
1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash.
2) Effective range: Approx. 4 m/13.1 ft at center, approx. 3.5 m/11.5 ft at periphery.
- With an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted instead.
- Compatible with 320EX, 270EX II and 270EX AF-assist beam (intermittent flash firing).
63-zone SPC TTL metering with selectable modes
- Evaluative metering (linkable to all AF point)
- Partial metering (approx. 10% of viewfinder at center)
- Center-weighted average metering
- EV 1.0 - EV 20.0 (at 73?F/23?C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens, ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
- Creative Zone modes
(1) Program AE (program-shift possible)
(2) Shutter-priority AE
(3) Aperture-priority AE
(4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
- Basic Zone modes
(1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE, non-shiftable)
(2) Flash Off
(3) Creative Auto
(8) Night Portrait
ISO Speed Range
- Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative Auto, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait - ISO 100-3200
- Portrait - ISO 100
- P, TV, Av, M - ISO 100-6400
- With flash - Fixed at ISO 800
(1) Manual: ?5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
(2) AEB : ?2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
Auto AE Lock: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved.
Manual: By AE lock button in P, Tv and Av modes
- Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled.
- Electronic 1st curtain. Only 2nd curtain mechanically controlled.
- 1/4000 to 30 sec., Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.); X-sync at 1/200 sec.
- Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
- Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
Shutter Lag Time
(1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.12 sec.
(2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.24 sec.
- Time lag with the aperture stopped down by 3 stops or less. Excludes AF operation time.
- Compatible with Remote Switch RS-60E3. There is no wireless remote control senso
Built in Flash
- Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentamirror
Flash Metering System
- E-TTL II autoflash (Evaluative, Average), FE lock
- Approx. 9.2/30.2 (at ISO 100 in meters/feet)
- Approx. 2 sec.
Flash Ready Indicator
- Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
- Up to 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm in 135 format)
- E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering), FE lock
Flash Exposure Compensation
- ?2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
(1) Single shooting
(2) Continuous shooting
(3) 10-sec. self-timer
(4) 2-sec. self-timer
(5) Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
Continuous Shooting Speed
- JPEG & RAW: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
(1) JPEG: 69 shots
(2) RAW: 6 shots
(3) RAW+JPEG: 4 shots
Live View Functions
- Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Face Detection Live mode
- Quick mode
2) Manual Focus
- Real-time Evaluative metering with image sensor
- EV 0 to EV 20 (At 23?C/73?F, ISO 100)
(1) Grid 1: Pair of vertical and horizontal lines
(2) Grid 2: 5 vertical and 3 horizontal lines
- Not provided
- MOV (image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM (monaural))
[Full HD] 1920 x 1080 (30 fps/25 fps/24 fps): 330 MB/min.
[HD] 1280 x 720 (60 fps/50fps): 330 MB/min.
[SD] 640 x 480 (30 fps/25fps): 82.5 MB/min.
- 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p
- 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p
- 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
Continuous Shooting Time
- Approx. 29 min. 59 sec
- Autofocus: FlexiZone-Single, Quick mode, Face Detection Live mode; manual
(1) Program AE for movie shooting
- Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (signal accumulation time), aperture and ISO speed automatically set
(2) Manual Exposure
- The ISO speed, aperture, and shutter speed (signal-accumulation time ranging from 1/30 sec. to 1/4000 sec.) are set manually.
- ? 3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- 3.0-inch (Screen aspect ratio of 4:3)
- Approx. 460,000 dots
- Approx. 100%
- Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, Czech, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese)
(1) Single image display
- Single image, basic information, detailed information, histogram display
(2) Index display
- 4-image index and 9-image index.
(3) Jump display (Image jump w/ Main Dial)
- 1/10/100 images, shooting date, by folder, movies, stills, rating
- On the detailed information and histogram displays, highlight areas with no image data will blink.
Quick Control Function
- When you press the Quick Control button under the following conditions, you can set the functions below (The settable functions depend on the shooting mode):
(1) With viewfinder shooting:
- Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed, exposure compensation, AEB, flash exposure compensation, Picture Style, white balance, Auto Lighting Optimizer, raise built-in flash, AF mode, drive mode, metering mode, and image-recording quality.
(2) With Live View shooting:
- AF mode, drive mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting Optimizer, image-recording quality, ISO speed and raise built-in flash (with C.Fn).
(3) With movie shooting:
- AF mode, white balance, Picture Style, and Auto Lighting Optimizer.
Image Protection and Erase
- Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images in the card.
- Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images on folder, erase all images in a card, or erase only unprotected images.
- PictBridge-compatible printers
- JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
- RAW images printable.
- Movies cannot be printed.
DPOF Digital Print Order Format
- Version 1.1 compatible
- 11 Custom Functions with 33 settings settable with the camera
- Not Provided
Camera User Settings
- Not provided
My Menu Registration
- Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered.
- Hi-Speed USB-standard mini-B terminal for personal computer communications and PictBridge
Video Out Terminal
1) Type C (Switches automatically to suit the resolution)
2) Video output: 1. 1080/60i, 2. 1080/50i, 3. 480/60p, 4. 576/50p
- Switches automatically to 1, 2, 3, or 4 to suit the TV.
Extension System Terminal
- Compatible with Remote Switch RS-60E3
- Battery Pack LP-E10 x 1, With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E10, AC power is possible.
Number of shots
Viewfinder Shooting - No Flash: Approx. 600
Viewfinder Shooting - 50% Flash Use: Approx. 500
Live View Shooting - No Flash: Approx. 190
Live View Shooting - 50% Flash Use: Approx. 180
Video Shooting - Total: 1 hr. 15 min.
- Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON. Battery level indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
- Provided. Power turns off after 1, 2, 4, 8, 15 min.
- Built-in secondary battery. When fully-charged, the date/time can be maintained for about three months.
- Recharge time for backup battery: Approx. 8 hours
- Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
Dimensions and Weight
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- Approx. 5.10 (W) x 3.93 (H) x 3.07 (D) in.
- Approx. 129.6 (W) x 99.7 (H) x 77.9 (D) mm
- Approx. 16.93 oz. / 480g (CIPA Standard)
- Approx. 15.34 oz. / 435g (Body only)
Working Temperature Range
Working Humidity Range
- 85% or less
- All data are based on Canon's Standard Test Method. Subject to change without notice.
In response to demands of photographers, this standard zoom lens is designed with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology while retaining the compactness and lightness of previous models. Its stabilization allows sharp hand-held shots at shutter speeds up to four stops slower than otherwise possible. It consists of 11 elements in 9 groups and uses an Aspherical lens element to correct aberration for excellent image quality throughout the zoom range and a circular aperture for exquisite rendering of out-of-focus backgrounds. Without a lot of size, weight or cost, this lens expands picture-taking possibilities any time slow shutter speeds are needed.
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
- 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
- 11 elements in 9 groups
Diagonal Angle of View
- 74? 20' - 27? 50'
- AF (DC motor), with manual focus option
Closest Focusing Distance
- 9.8 in./0.25m
- 58mm, P=0.75mm/1 filte
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
- 2.7 in. x 3.33 in./68.5mm x 84.5mm (maximum lens length), 7.1 oz. (200g)