The Epson R1900 sets a new standard in glossy printing. This powerful, wide-format printer offers incredible versatility so you can explore all your creative aspirations. With Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink, the R1900 delivers vibrant photos up to 13 inches wide. Offering the highest level of media versatility of any printer in its class, this remarkable performer prints on a wide variety of media types including glossy, luster, matte and fine art papers. The Epson R1900 also includes innovative Radiance technology, co-developed by R.I.T., to maximize the color gamut while simultaneously optimizing print quality. Radiance technology reduces grain, provides smoother color transitions and ensures colors stay consistent in virtually any lighting condition. It also boasts incredible performance when it comes to higher resolution printing. So, explore your creativity and achieve superior results with the Epson R1900.
- Get superior glossy prints with Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink
- Print photos with greater vibrancy and better facial tones with Epson's new Red and Orange ink cartridges
- Maximize the color gamut and achieve better print quality with Radiance technology
- Produce gallery-quality prints faster with improved print speeds
- Print and display your work on thick, fine art media
- Create amazing panoramas with included roll paper support
- Print professional looking CDs and DVDs
- Achieve rich blacks on any media with auto-switching Photo and Matte Black ink
Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2
This 8-color, reformulated pigment ink set includes Red and Orange ink cartridges for an astonishing range of colors and improved facial tones. An improved Gloss Optimizer delivers a uniform gloss finish and an unprecedented glossy feel. This ink set also features auto-switching between Photo and Matte Black ink. With instant-drying properties and instant color stability, Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 ink produces archival quality prints that are smudge, fade and water resistant.
Innovative Radiance technology more efficiently uses each ink color to maximize the total color gamut. Radiance also ensures smoother color transitions, reduced grain and improved color constancy under different lighting conditions. Through an advanced mathematical architecture this technology dramatically enhances image quality, while optimizing the color gamut.
Improved print speeds
With the Epson R1900, you can produce gallery-quality prints at even faster speeds. Print at 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi, and you'll see a speed improvement of over 35 percent. Now, you can produce an 11x14 fine art print at the highest resolution in as fast as 156 seconds.
Remarkable media versatility
The Epson R1900 has the highest level of media versatility of any printer in its class. It can accommodate cut-sheet, fine art and roll-fed media. And, it can create BorderFree prints in seven popular sizes including 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, 8.5x11, 11x14, 12x12 and 13x19. No other inkjet printer in its class allows you to display your photography or creative ideas on virtually any media surface. Produce superior glossy prints. Or, explore your creativity with different fine art textures and thicker types of media. Print spectacular panoramas up to 13x44 long. Or, print directly onto CDs/DVDs for professional looking results without messy labels.
- Ink Cartridge Configuration: 8 individual ink cartridges
- Ink Palette: 8-color (Photo Black, Matte Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Red, Orange and Gloss Optimizer)
- Nozzle Configuration: 180 nozzles x 8 Ink Type Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 pigment ink
- Droplet Technology Smallest droplet size 1.5 picoliters Advanced MicroPiezo print head with AMC (Advanced Meniscus Control) can produce up to 3 different droplet sizes per line
- Maximum Print Resolution 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi Direct CD/DVD Printing Ink jet printable CDs and DVDs
- Print Speed
- 8" x 10" photo: As fast as 58 sec
- 11" x 14" photo As fast as 1 min 32 sec
- Maximum Printable Area 13" x 44" BorderFree
- Paper Sizes 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", A4 (8.3" x 11.7" ), letter (8.5" x 11"), legal (8.5" x 14"), 11" x 14", 12" x 12", B (11" x 17"), A3 (11.7" x 16.5"), Super B (13" x 19"), user definable, plus 8.3" and 13" wide panoramic roll papers
- Borderless Photo Sizes 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", A4 (8.3" x 11.7"), letter (8.5" x 11"), 11" x 14", 12" x 12", B (11" x 17"), A3 (11.7" x 16.5") and 13" x 19" sizes
- Paper Types: Supports plain paper, Epson Bright White Paper, Presentation Paper Matte, Premium Presentation Paper Matte, Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided, Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte, Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy, Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss, Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster, Watercolor Paper Radiant White, Velvet Fine Art Paper, UltraSmooth Fine Art Paper, PremierArt Water Resistant Canvas for Epson, Piezo Pro Matte Canvas for Epson, PremierArt Matte Scrapbook Photo Paper and ink jet printable CDs/DVDs.
- Input Paper Capacity Auto sheet feeder 120 sheets (plain paper), 30 sheets (photo paper) Manual - roll 1 sheet (fine art paper) CD/DVD tray 1 ink jet printable CD/DVD
Hardware and Software
- Weight and Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Printing: 24.3" x 31.4" x 16.3"
- Storage: 24.3" x 12.7" x 8.4"
- Weight 26.9 lb
- Connectivity Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- PictBridge (1 port)
- Operating Systems Windows Vista, XP Professional x64, XP, and 2000 Mac OS X 10.3.9 and 10.4.x
- Software Included Epson Print CD software
- Color Management Epson standard, Epson Vivid Color, Adobe RGB and ICM or ColorSync color management using ICC profiles
- Color Management Solutions Premium ICC color profiles
- Printer Duty Up to 16,000 pages - letter
- Sound Level 47 dB
- Power Requirements Rated voltage: 120 VAC
- Rated frequency: 50 - 60 Hz
- Rated current: 0.5 A (1.0 max.)