Just because these cameras are affordable, this doesn't mean that compromises have been made on functionality or quality. As with other A series models, the cameras are packed full of the technology you need to take a good picture. The 10 megapixel sensor on the A170 produces bright, detailed pictures of extraordinary high resolution and clarity, shooting at up to ISO 1600. So if it's dull and dark, the smiles on your friends and families' faces will still dazzle!
Fantastic Good Looks
Remarkably thin at 21.9 mm, the new A170 is finished with a double coated veneer to give it outstanding good looks.
It is often difficult to capture the full beauty of a sweeping landscape or a picture of a large group of people, at a wedding for example. Now in the A170 you can easily create impressive panoramic photos. Panorama Mode captures and combines up to 3 consecutive shots seamlessly, making one large panoramic shot.
Automatic Scene Recognition
To make taking great images as easy as possible, the A170 has Scene Recognition AUTO, which is a first for A-series models. SR AUTO cleverly detects a scene without needing to pre-select the mode on the camera. Fujifilm has developed proprietary technology which intelligently identifies and recognizes 6 different scenes ? Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Backlit Portrait, Night and Night Portrait. Once the scene in the frame has been detected, the camera will optimize the settings to capture the most stunning photo of your chosen subject. Portrait Mode works in conjunction with Face Detection technology to get the best possible portraits.
Picture Stabilization Mode
Also featuring Fujifilm's Picture Stabilization Mode, the A-series cameras both allow you to wave goodbye to blurry pictures; this technology will produce pin-sharp pictures, time after time.
Power is Easy
Remembering to charge your batteries need never be a problem with these cameras. Operating on two standard AA batteries, both cameras have exceptional low power consumption, so no excuse to miss a shot.
- 10 Megapixels
- 3x optical zoom
- 2.7" LCD screen
- Maximum sensitivity up to ISO 1600
- SR Auto Automatic Scene Recognition
- Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Backlit Portrait, Night and Night Portrait
- Face Detection Technology
- Picture Stabilization Mode
- Movie Mode with zoom and sound
- 21.9 mm thin
- Number of effective pixels: 10.2 million pixels
- CCD sensor: 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Storage media
- Internal memory (Approx. 10MB)
- SD memory card
- SDHC memory card
- File format:
- Still image: JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2 *3)
- Movie: AVI (Motion JPEG) with sound
- Number of recorded pixels:Still image: 3,664 x 2,748 (10M) / 3,664 x 2,442 (3:2 format) / 2,592 x 1,944 / 2,048 x 1,536 / 1,600 x 1,200 / 640 x 480 pixels
- Lens: Fujinon 3x optical zoom lens, F2.9 (Wide) - F5.2 (Telephoto)
- Lens focal length: f=5.7 - 17.1mm, equivalent to 32 - 96mm on a 35mm camera
- Digital zoom: Approx. 5.7x
- Aperture: Wide: F2.9 / F5.5, Telephoto: F5.2 / F10.0
- Focus distance (from lens surface):
- Wide: Approx. 60cm / 2.0ft. to infinity
- Telephoto: Approx. 60cm / 2.0ft. to infinity
- Wide: Approx. 10cm - 70cm / 3.9in. - 2.3ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 35cm - 70cm / 1.1ft. - 2.3ft.
- Sensitivity: Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Exposure control: TTL 256-zones metering
- Exposure mode: Programmed AE
- Shooting modes: Portrait, Landscape, Sport, Night, Night (Tripod), Fireworks, Sunset, Snow, Beach, Party, Flower, Text, Baby, PS (Anti-blur), Natural Light, Movie, Panorama
- Image stabilization: Picture Stabilization (Anti-blur)
- Shutter speed: (Auto mode) 1/4sec. to 1/1400sec., (All other modes) 8sec. to 1/1400sec.
- Continuous shooting: Top-3
- Focus: Auto focus (Center)
- White balance: Automatic scene recognition Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light
- Self-timer: Approx. 10sec. / 2sec. delay
- Flash: Auto flash
- Effective range: (ISO AUTO):
- Wide: Approx. 0.6m - 3.5m / 2.0ft. -11.5ft.
- Telephoto: Approx. 0.6m - 2.0m / 2.0ft. - 6.6ft.
- Approx. 0.3m - 0.8m / 1.0ft. - 2.6ft.
- LCD monitor: 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT colors LCD monitor, Approx. 96% coverage
- Movie recording: 640 x 480 pixels, 320 x 240 pixels (30 frames/sec.) with monaural sound
- Photography functions: SR Auto (Scene Recognition Auto), Face Detection, Best framing, Frame No. memory
- Playback functions: Face Detection, Slideshow, Multi-frame playback (with Micro Thumbnail), Sorting by date, Image rotate, Trimming
- Video output: NTSC / PAL selectable
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 Full-speed
- Power supply: 2x AA type alkaline batteries (included), 2x AA type Ni-MH batteries (sold separately)
- Dimensions: 93.0 (W) x 60.0 (H) x 21.9 (D)mm / 3.7 (W) x 2.4 (H) x 0.9 (D) in. (excluding accessories and attachments)
- Weight: Approx. 120g / 4.2oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card)