FUJIFILM has introduced its award-winning EXR technology into the FinePix F70EXR, giving a significant improvement in image quality against other models. The F70EXR sports a neat compact design, at only 22.7mm thick. The chassis is crafted into a beautiful sculpted shell with a double -coated lacquer finish. A Fujinon 10x Zoom lens, developed in conjunction with the Super CCD EXR sensor, produces crisp high resolution results throughout the focal range, from 27mm wide-angle to 270mm telephoto.
Super CCD EXR
Modeling the EXR sensor on the human eye, for the first time the user can flex the behavior of the sensor according to the scene being photographed. When the light is strong and even, the camera can be switched to HR (High Resolution) mode to ensure every small detail is recorded. When ample light is present but strong contrast exists, the sensor can switch to DR (Dynamic Range) mode to get the optimal balance between highlight and shadows. Lastly, in low light the sensor will switch to SN (High Sensitivity and Low Noise) mode, to ensure clean noise-free pictures even in the darkest conditions.
A fantastic addition to the FinePix F70EXR, EXR Auto takes the guesswork out of setting the camera by doing everything for you. EXR Auto is essentially a very sophisticated set of program modes. The camera can automatically detect 6 different types of scenes - Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Backlit Portrait, Night, and Night Portrait. The camera will recognize the scene and not only will optimise focus, color balance, exposure, flash and sensitivity, but will also automatically switch the sensor to HR, SN or DR mode depending on the lighting conditions of the scene. Users of the FinePix F70EXR will rely heavily on EXR Auto for their general photography, letting the camera do all the hard work leaving the photographer free to concentrate on getting the best shot possible. And a camera like the FinePix F70EXR, taking demanding shots in challenging conditions from macro to full telephoto, needs a sophisticated sensor and control algorithms to ensure every shot looks the very best.
The FinePix F70EXR is fitted with the same EXR Priority modes as its more premium F and S sister cameras; F200EXR and S200EXR. Users can choose to default to HR Resolution Priority, SN High ISO & Low Noise Priority or DR D-Range Priority for consistent shooting using one sensor setting.
Pro Focus Mode / Pro Low-light Mode
The EXR Processor, working with Super CCD EXR, promises exceptional image quality. This superior EXR Processor has now gone a step forward by having newly researched Multi Frame Technology. Pro Focus Mode and Pro Low-light Mode has been featured from Multi Frame Technology.
Typically, one of the ways to distinguish DSLR photography from compact photography has been the use of wide aperture to create mood and depth in a picture. These professional shots are now possible on the FinePix F70EXR, which uses Pro Focus Mode to combine 2 or 3 burst shots together. Through complex digital imaging technology, a crisp shot of the subject is created against a defocused background and foreground. Ideal for portraiture, nature photography or any subject which needs lifting from its background, the FinePix F70EXR Pro Focus Mode provides satisfying professional results at the touch of a button.
Meanwhille, Pro Low-light Mode is applied to solving the problems of noisy low light shots. With current cameras, it is possible to achieve relatively blur-free low light shots using high ISO and CCD shift (or optical image) stabilization. But this comes at a cost, as the ISO 1600 setting will invariably produce distracting and ugly noise.
Once switched to Pro Low-light Mode, the camera will take burst of 4 high sensitivity images using Pixel Fusion Technology *2 in quick succession. By Multi Frame Technology, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th images are overlapped to create one image with extremely low noise.
New 'Super Intelligent' Flash
The FinePix F70EXR offers a radically improved flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and unexposed. Super Intelligent Flash is most useful in macro photography where the contrast between subject and background can be especially challenging, but is also effective for night and backlit photography.
New High Contrast LCD
The FinePix F70EXR is fitted with an improved high contrast 230k dot 2.7" LCD. The high contrast LCD is a considerable benefit in bright light. The High Contrast LCD means that the camera can be pitched at various shooting angles to enable framing of awkward shots. Viewable 160 degrees in both vertically and horizontally, the LCD is bright and clear for beautiful rendition of shots in playback.
- Super CCD EXR 1/2" 10 Megapixel switchable sensor
- EXR Priority Modes and EXR Auto Modes
- Fujinon 10x optical zoom (27mm - 270mm)
- 2.7", 230k dot High Contrast LCD Monitor
- Ultra High sensitivity (up to ISO 12800 at 3 MP Resolution)
- Pro Focus Mode / Pro Low-light Mode
- Dual Image Stabilization (ISO and CCD Shift)
- 5 Film Simulation Modes
- Wide Dynamic Range up to 800%
- Face Detection 3.0 with Automatic Red-eye Removal
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Movie Mode with sound (640 x 480, 30 fps)
- High Speed Continuous Shooting of 5 fps up to 12 frames (3 megapixel)
- 230 shot battery life
- Number of Effective Pixels 10 million pixels
- CCD Sensor 1/ 2-inch Super CCD EXR
- Storage Media "Internal memory (approx. 47MB) /SD/SDHC memory card
- File Format "Still image : JPEG (Exif Ver. 2.2 ) / Movie : AVI (Motion JPEG) with sound / Audio: WAVE format, Monaural sound
- Number of Images/Record Time SEE WORKSHEET "No. of Images - Record Time"
- Number of Recorded Pixals "L: 4:3 3816 ? 2712 L: 3:2 3616 x 2,400 L: 16:9 4,000 ? 2,048M: 4:3 2,592 ? 1,944 M: 3:2 2,592 ? 1,728 M: 16:9 2,592 ? 1,440 S: 4:3 2,048 ? 1,536 S: 3:2 2,048 ? 1,360 S: 16:9 1,920 ? 1,080
- Lens Fujinon 10? optical zoom lens, F3.3 (Wide) - F5.6 (Telephoto)
- Lens Focal Length f=5.0 - 50.0 mm, equivalent to 27-270 mm on a 35 mm camera
- Digital Zoom Approx. 4?
- Focus Distance Normal: Wide: Approx. 45 cm / 1.5 ft. to infinityTelephoto: Approx. 2 m / 6.5 ft. to infinity Macro: Wide: Approx. 5 cm - 2.5 m / 0.2ft - 8.2 ft. Telephoto: Approx. 90 cm - 2.5 m / 3.0 ft. - 8.2 ft.
- Sensitivity "Auto / Equivalent to ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400* / 12800* (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- Exposure control TTL 256-zones metering
- Exposure mode Programmed AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Shooting mode "Mode dial: Auto, EXR, Natural Light, Natural Light & with Flash, SP, P, M, MovieSP: Portrait, Portrait Enhancer, Landscape, Sport, Night, Fireworks, Night (Tripod), Sunset, Snow, Beach, Underwater, Museum, Party, Flower, and Text.
- Image Stabilzer CCD - Shift Type
- Shutter speed (Auto mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/2000 sec., (All other modes) 8 sec. to 1/2000 sec.
- Continuous shooting "Top-3 (max 1.4 fps),Top-12 High speed (max 4.8 fps, number of recorded pixels "S" only),Final-3(max 1.4 fps), Final-12 (max 5.5 fps, number of recorded pixels "S" only)
- Focus "Auto focus (Area, Multi, Center) / Continuous AF /AF assist illuminator available
- White balance Automatic scene recognition Preset: Fine, Shade, Fluorescent light (Daylight), Fluorescent light (Warm white), Fluorescent light (Cool white), Incandescent light Custom
- Self-timer Approx. 10 sec. / 2 sec. delay
- LCD monitor 2.7-inch, Approx. 230,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor, Approx. 100% coverage
- Movie Recording 640 ? 480 pixels / 320 ? 240 pixels (30 frames/sec.) with monaural sound
- Photography functions "EXR mode (EXR AUTO, RESOLUTION PRIORITY, HIGH ISO & LOW NOISE PRIORITY,D-RANGE PRIORITY), Film Simulation mode, Face Detection (with Auto Red-eye removal), Power management, Framing Guideline, Frame No. memory, Silent Mode
- Playback functions Face detection (with Red-eye removal), Slide show, Trimming, Multi-frame playback (with Micro Thumbnail), Image rotate, Resize, Voice Memo
- Video Output NTSC/PAL selectable
- HD output Analog component with optional HDC-1 component video cable for digital camera
- Digital input/output USB 2.0 High-speed
- Power Supply NP-50 Li-ion battery (included)
- Dimensions "99.3 (W) ? 58.9 (H) ? 22.7 (D) mm / 3.9 (W) ? 2.3 (H) ? 0.9 (D) in.(excluding projections)
- Weight Approx. 180 g / 6.4 oz. (excluding accessories, batteries and memory card)