Astro is the premier GPS-enabled tracking system for sporting dogs. Garmin's commitment to the sporting dog market has been demonstrated by continued innovation to the Astro collar products. Similarly, the Astro 320 incorporates characteristics of the highly acclaimed GPSMAP 62 series. The handheld's trademark, unparalleled GPS reception, is accomplished through the use of a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix and quad helix antenna. The Astro 320 offers additional features that hunters have been asking for - like increased range, a simplified user interface, vibration alerts, and must-have mapping capability.
Astro 320 debuts sophisticated map drawing capabilities on its vibrant 2.6" 65k color sunlight-readable display. A built-in shaded relief
world wide basemap depicts basic geographical features. Additional mapping detail can improve hunt planning by using the internal
memory or a microSD card slot for optional products such as BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and topographic maps. BirdsEye Satellite
Imagery is a subscription-based service that allows aerial views. A refined user interface streamlines what is displayed on screen by
allowing dogs that are outside the current zoom level to have their location notated in the display's margin. The user can also choose
the amount of each dog's tracklog displayed, or toggle it off completely, to avoid cluttering the map.
This rugged, waterproof handheld has a 3-axis electronic compass allowing hunters to accurately view the dog's position when holding the Astro 320 at any angle, an internal vibration motor that supports silent alerts in addition to audible tones, and a keypad lock. With two included antenna options the extended range antenna can increase the tracking range by up to 30%. Thanks to the redesigned antenna, the maximum range between the Astro 320 and a Garmin tracking collar can achieve up to nine miles in flat, unobstructed terrain. Like its predecessor, the Astro 320 can track up to ten dogs at once, and is fully compatible with Garmin's DC 20, DC 30, and DC 40 dog tracking collars.
It is easy to see why the big dog just got better with the Astro 320.
- 2.6" 65K color TFT display
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix
- Increased tracking range with extended range antenna (included)
- Built-in vibration motor to support silent alerts
- 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- Internal memory and a microSD card slot for additional mapping
- Wireless dog sharing for easy transfer of tracking capabilities to another Astro 320
- Wireless unit-to-unit data transfer of waypoints, routes, tracks, and geocaches with other compatible devices
- User profiles including preloaded profiles for different types of hunting (pointing dogs or treeing dogs) in addition to usage modes outside of hunting.
- Able to track up to 10 dogs simultaneously
- Rugged, waterproof design (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- High-speed USB interface
- Supports Garmin spine mounting accessories
- Up to 20 hours of battery life with 2 AA, NiMH or Lithium recommended