The iQue M4 is Garmin's first iQue to come pre-loaded with City Navigator North America NT covering the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico. There's no need for downloads from your PC.
The iQue M4 uses Garmin's familiar StreetPilot interface that greets users with two recognizable options: "Where to?" and "View map." It also includes the same features found in Garmin's other high-end street navigators including intuitive navigation with automatic route calculation; voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions; 2D or 3D map view; and automatic rerouting if a motorist strays off course.
With the iQue M4's larger navigational icons, users can select icons with their finger rather than a stylus. After using the touchscreen to enter information about the destination-such as the name or street address-the driver will be given detailed, turn-by-turn, voice-prompted directions. Destinations may also be selected through the points of interest (POIs) database, which includes nearly six million POIs such as restaurants, fuel, banks, and hotels. This street-smart navigator can remind you of an appointment, show the location on the Map Page, and route you right to the front door. With its POI Loader software, Garmin has also made it possible for customers to augment pre-loaded maps with custom POIs such as school zones and safety cameras.
The built-in Windows Media Player lets users browse music by artist, album, song, and genre. MP3s can be loaded onto an SD card or internal memory for music on the go. The iQue M4 boasts a new SiRF high-sensitivity receiver for improved GPS performance, 64 megabytes of RAM, and SD/SDIO expansion slot for memory, wireless networking, and more. The iQue M4 also features Microsoft?s Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition operating system, which includes Pocket Office applications and supports portrait/landscape screen orientation for easy viewing of multimedia content.
- Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for Pocket PC
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT covering the U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico-ready to use out of the box
- High-sensitivity integrated GPS receiver by SiRF
- SD/MMC memory card expansion slot for use with other MapSource street mapping products
- SDIO compatible for optional WiFi, Bluetooth, camera or other peripherals
- Includes Microsoft Pocket Outlook, Internet Explorer, Word and Excel; Windows Media Player, MSN Messenger Service, Calculator and ActiveSync
- WAAS enabled; includes MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Integrated flip-up GPS patch antenna can be positioned for optimal reception
- Unit size: 2.83" W x 5.04" H x .75" D (72.0 x 128.0 x 19 mm)
- Display: 3.5" diagonal, (89 mm), 240 x 320 pixel, QVGA transflective TFT display, 64K colors
- Unit weight: 5.9 oz (166 g)
- Processor: 312 MHz Intel PXA 271 XScale processor
- Internal 1250 mAh lithium-polymer rechargeable battery; Enhanced battery life delivering 5-7 hours of continuous PDA/GPS use
- Internal memory: 64MB RAM, 32MB ROM (safe storage and detailed maps available on additional memory)
- Built-in speaker for voice-guidance commands, MP3 player, and message playback
- Voice recorder for making memos, quick notes, and messages on the fly
- Headphone and external GPS antenna connections
- Interfaces: USB and infrared (IrDA)
- Easily route to Outlook contacts and Calendar appointments
- Search postal codes for European countries
- Save routes and track logs
- Enter a series of destinations, and the unit will automatically sort them to provide an efficient route
- Specify areas and road segments to avoid when calculating routes
- Detour around construction and traffic on demand