Navigate With Ease
nuvi 250 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator NT street maps, including a hefty points of interest (POIs) database with hotels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply touch the color screen to enter a destination, and nuvi takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. In addition, nuvi 250 accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nuvi 250 includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map. Optional plug-in SD cards for travel guides and a savings program provide detailed data for attractions and information on nearby merchants offering discounts, so you can customize nuvi for your travel needs.
- Sleek, ultra-slim design fits easily in pocket
- Easy, touchscreen interface
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice guidance
- Bright 3.5" diagonal color display; 320 x 240 pixels; QVGA TFT display, with white backlight
- nuvi 250 includes detailed maps of U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver for improved performance and reception
- Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
- Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency & measurement converters and calculator
- SD memory card expansion slot
- Includes Garmin Lock anti-theft feature
- Configurable vehicle icons - allows users to select a fun, customized car-shaped icon; users can download additional choices from http://www.garmin.com/vehicles/
- Offers a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or 2D overhead view
- Unit dimensions: 3.8"W x 2.8"H x 0.8"D
- Weight: 5.2 ounces
- Built-in lithium-ion battery
- Battery life: up to 5 hours depending on usage
- Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
- Simplified PC connectivity, similar to a digital camera, using USB mass storage with access to either the SD card slot or to the unit's internal memory directly from your PC desktop.
- With the POI loader program, users can set up proximity alerts for school zones, safety cameras, create custom POIs and more.