The Rino 600 series feature a 2.6" 65k color touchscreen display that is glove friendly. Includes a shaded relief worldwide basemap, quad helix antenna and a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix. Rino's unique position reporting capability lets you send your exact location to other Rino users for display on their map screen. Being a standard FRS/GMRS radio allows Rino to communicate with any other conventional FRS/GMRS radios. You can also send unit-to-unit text messages to fellow Rino users in your area.
Building on the Rino 610 feature set, the Rino 650 and Rino 655t add a powerful 5-watt radio, 3-axis electronic compass, barometric altimeter, rechargeable Li-ion battery, and internal memory or a microSD card slot for additional maps. For added safety, both models feature a built-in NOAA weather radio that can help you avoid hazardous weather. An important new feature enables these radios to support Specific Area Message Encoding, which allows you to see National Weather Service warnings and watches displayed county by county on the map screen. The 655t comes preloaded with detailed topographic maps featuring elevation contours and a 5-megapixel autofocus digital camera that automatically geo-tags pictures allowing users to mark, remember, and navigate back to that exact spot in the future. Once your Rino 655t is connected via USB, you can use Garmin's free BaseCamp software to easily store and share your photos online for friends and families around the world to enjoy. BaseCamp also helps you view, plan and organize your maps (in 2D or 3D), waypoints, routes and tracks - including elevation profiles - and send them to your Garmin handheld.
All three units support optional mapping products such as BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, topo maps, hunting maps, trail maps, and Garmin Custom Maps. Garmin Custom Maps allows you to easily transform paper and electronic maps into free, downloadable maps for your compatible Garmin GPS. BirdsEye Satellite Imagery is a subscription-based service that allows you to see aerial views.
The new Rino 600 series are truly, Radios Integrated with Navigation for the Outdoors.
- 2.6" 65k color TFT touchscreen, glove friendly display
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix
- 5 watt FRS/GMRS two way radio (Rino 650 and 655t)
- 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter (Rino 650 and 655t)
- 5-megapixel autofocus digital camera with automatic geo-tagging (Rino 655t)
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- Preloaded topographic maps (Rino 655t)
- Internal memory (all units) and a microSD card slot (Rino 650 and 655t) for additional mapping
- Unit-to-unit wireless data transfer capabilities for routes, tracks, waypoints, and geocaches (Rino 650 and 655t)
- Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- High speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Supports Garmin spine mounting accessories
- Up to 18 hour battery life with 4 AA, NiMH or Lithium recommended (all units); up to 14 hour battery life with rechargeable Li-ion pack (Rino 650 and 655t only)