The Ultrabook that's up for anything. Always on, ultra fast! It's the Ultrabook with Beats Audio, up to 7.5-hour battery life, a backlit keyboard and a soft-touch base that makes it easy to grab and go. Plus, smart technology that keeps your email and apps up to date even when asleep?and wakes up fast. Anywhere, anytime.
Thin and light, but it's no lightweight.
As notebooks get thinner, start thinking bigger. Introducing the HP ENVY 4 Ultrabook. Thin and light, it's the only large screen Ultrabook with Beats Audio and a subwoofer. Not to mention super long battery life, a unique soft-touch base, an HD webcam, and innovations like HP CoolSense to keep you comfortable. Plus smart technologies to keep your email and apps up to date when asleep and wake up in seconds. The HP ENVY 4 Ultrabook. Up for anything. Always on.
HP PCs deliver optimal performance through meticulously engineered designs. Each series undergoes at least 140 rigorous tests defined by HP Labs to help ensure they can survive extreme conditions and use over the long haul. And each includes components and software from world-class partners.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- Go up to 7 hours and 30 minutes without recharging.
- Live life in high definition on a 14.0-inch diagonal HDBrightView LED-backlit display.
- Get the real-time boost needed for optimal gaming and multitasking performance in breathtaking color and clarity. Visibly smart performance with a boost with the 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3317U Processor.
- Store up to 116,000 photos, 105,000 tracks or 210 HD movies with a 500GB hard drive and
get extra protection against file loss due to sudden impact with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection.
- Start up in seconds and pick up where you left off thanks to hard drive acceleration (32GB solid-state drive) cache with Intel Smart Response Technology.
- Stay connected to friends, family, and colleagues at wireless hotspots with Wi-Fi 802.11.
- Wirelessly sync and print from up to 30 feet away with Bluetooth.
- Easily connect your notebook to a big-screen TV and enjoy your favorite videos, photos, and online shows in full HD with Intel Wireless Display and an adapter (sold separately).
- Keep going and playing comfortably in dimly lit rooms or on red-eye flights with the full-size backlit keyboard.HP PCs deliver optimal performance through meticulously engineered designs. Each series undergoes at least 140 rigorous tests defined by HP Labs to help ensure they can survive extreme conditions and use over the long haul. And each includes components and software from world-class partners.
- Keep going and playing comfortably in dimly lit rooms or on red-eye flights with the full-size backlit keyboard.
At just 0.8 inches thin, the HP ENVY 4 Ultrabook is slim and light enough to take anywhere. A dynamically tapered shape makes it look ready for take off. And, a soft-touch base makes it easy to grip on the go. Protected by sophisticated metal covers and a spun-metal touchpad. It's the notebook that gets you noticed with the power to get it done. In midnight black aluminum with a red soft-touch base.
HP humanizes technology: we are inspired by the way you think, feel, act and interact.
- HP CoolSense: Get automatic air conditioning for your notebook, so you stay comfortable.
- HP Imagepad: Simply touch to scroll, zoom, and rotate images and web pages with pinpoint precision.
Major studios have relied on HP technology when making blockbuster movies, from Disney's Fantasia (1940) to DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011). Delivering outstanding entertainment is in our DNA.
- Beats Audio: Designed to deliver the best sounding, richest audio available on a PC with extra amplification possible through a built-in subwoofer.
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam: Always look your best, even in low light.
- HP Premier Experience: A faster, easier, and more organized Windows, only from HP. Better organized with HP Launch Box: Find key Windows Live and HP Recommended apps grouped together on the task bar and a box to customize with your own. Faster start, shutdown, sleep and wake up times. Simplified Start Menu and notifications area to find what you need more quickly. Plus, fewer notifications and pop-ups to interrupt you!
- HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection: It senses motion and plans ahead, so a single drop won't delete your entire digital life.
- Online security software: Get 60 days of #1 ranking Norton Internet Security free for protection right out of the box.
- Absolute Protection. Absolute Peace of Mind. Help keep your data safe if it ends up in the wrong hands. Remotely disable your PC and deny data access if your notebook is lost or stolen. Then easily restore the data if your notebook is recovered with Absolute Data Protect combined with Intel Anti-Theft Technology. Free 90-day subscription included.
Help save more than the earth.
Save time and money, too. Now recycling your HP and Compaq products is more convenient than ever-and totally free! Get your recycling voucher online, then drop products off at a FedEx Office (more than 1,700 US locations) for packing and shipping. Or, get cash back, a gift card or options to donate computer hardware (any brand) with residual value, plus the option to recycle it. Responsible recycling has never been easier!
24 x 7 support.
HP Total Care provides award-winning service and support for your computer. Visit online to learn about services and support options that supplement or extend your standard coverage. Check the label placed on the bottom cover (or inside it on select models) for your PC's warranty period.
During your limited warranty period you get:
- 24 x 7 technical assistance via online chat, email, or phone
- Parts and labor coverage, including customer-replaceable parts, return of equipment to HP, and authorized service provider options
- 24 x 7 toll-free technical and limited software support in English or Spanish
In addition, and at no charge, you get lifetime access to:
- HP Support Forum in English, French, or Spanish
- HP Support Assistant: click the icon in your taskbar or desktop for easy access to automated
maintenance, built-in diagnostic tools, and a choice of assistance options. Visit online to learn how HP Support Assistant can help you keep your PC up to date and get assistance when you need it.
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3317U Processor 1.70GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 2.60GHz
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
- Maximum supported = 16GB
ACCESSIBLE MEMORY SLOTS
- Intel HD graphics 4000 with up to 1696MB total graphics memory
- 500GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- Hard drive acceleration cache (32GB solid-state drive cache) with Intel Smart Response Technology.
FINISH AND FEATURES
- Brushed aluminum in midnight black with a red soft-touch base
- HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone
- 14.0-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)
- 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
- Intel 2x2 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth with WiDi
- Multi-format digital media card reader for Secure Digital cards and Multimedia cards
- Beats Audio with 2 speakers and a subwoofer
- Full-size island-style backlit keyboard
- HP Imagepad supporting multi-touch gestures with on/off button.
EXTERNAL NOTEBOOK PORTS
- 2 SuperSpeed USB 3.0
- 1 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
- 1 HDMI
- 1 RJ-45 (LAN)
- 1 Headphone
- 1 Microphone in
- 13.38" (L) x 9.28" (W) x 0.78" (max H)
- 3.86 lbs
- Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
- Power-on password
- Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
- 65W AC adapter
- 4-Cell 52WHr Lithium-ion polymer battery
- Up to 7 hours and 30 minutes
WARRANTY AND SUPPORT
- 1-Year Limited Hardware Warranty with Toll-Free Support (NA)
- 1-Year Free Hardware Technical Support
- 30-Days Free Limited Software Support with 1-Year (from date of purchase) with Product Registration.
SECURITY AND SUPPORT
- Free 60-day Norton Internet Security 2012 Subscription
- HP Support Assistant: Update your PC, troubleshoot problems and get technical support.
- HP Power Manager: Adjust settings for optimal battery life or performance.
- HP Recovery Manager: Recover, restore, and create recovery media for your PC.
- HP Security Assistant: One-stop access to preloaded security solutions to help defend your data.
- HP Application Assistant: Makes finding and downloading the software needed to open your files easy.
- HP Launch Box: Fast launch of HP and Microsoft apps grouped in taskbar boxes, plus option to customize a third box.
- HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection (HP 3D DriveGuard)
- Free 90-day Computrace Absolute Data Protect Subscription: Freeze your computer and delete its data remotely, plus track it on an internet map (link in Start Menu).
- HP CoolSense: Turn it on to stay comfortable when away from your desk or table.
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Silverlight
PRODUCTIVITY AND FINANCE
- Microsoft Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word and Excel only, with advertising. No
PowerPoint or Outlook. Buy Office 2010 to use the full-featured software.
- Windows Live Essentials 2011: Mail, Messenger, Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Writer, Mesh
- HP MyRoom Premium: 12-month free subscription for 4-way video calling, instant messaging, and file sharing in and outside a virtual room (link in HP Launch Box on Task Bar).
MULTIMEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT
- Windows Media Player
- Windows DVD Maker
- Cyberlink YouCam DE: Chat live and capture video or photos. Be yourself or a favorite avatar!
- HP Games powered by WildTangent: includes 10 free rental sessions of "Plants vs. Zombies",
2010 Game of the Year, and 1 free game Farm Frenzy valued at $19.99 MSRP.
- RaRa Music: Music for every mood
- Beats Audio
- Snapfish Picture Mover (link in Start Menu)
- Blio eReader application with full color: includes 4 free digital books valued at $75 MSRP.
- Internet Explorer 9
- Bing Bar for Internet Explorer 9