Serious business tool with a brilliant 4" high resolution display, outstanding performance, and versatile functionality in a sophisticated design
The powerful HP iPAQ hx4705 Pocket PC is a Microsoft Windows Powered Pocket PC designed with a visually stunning VGA color display, a broad range of feature-rich applications, integrated wireless capabilities, enhanced security and dual slot expansion that make the HP iPAQ hx4705 Pocket PC an essential asset for productivity both in and out of the office.
- Sleek, powerful, and feature-rich helps you get more done on-the-goIntel Bulverde 624MHz
- high performance processor raises your productivity to a whole new level. Work faster - work smarter.
- 4.0" transflective TFT VGA 64K color display allows better and easier viewing of documents, images, and web pages.
- View your applications and images in landscape and portrait mode.
- Transflective display technology provides crisp and clear images and text.
- Automatic brightness control automatically adjusts backlight based on ambient lighting conditions resulting in better viewing comfort and longer battery life.
- Unique touchpad with mouse-like cursor makes navigation easier and fun.
- Abundant memory capacity lets you store more programs and files.
- Removable / rechargeable 1800 mAh Lithiumlon battery for continuous power.
- Integrated Compact Flash Type II (CF) and Secure Digital (SD) slots provide significant additional storage and functionality.
- CF Type II for greater expansion, flexibility and convenience.
- Secure Digital slot for greater storage and expansion.
- Magnesium-alloy body makes the iPAQ Pocket PC smaller and lighter.
- Extended Product life cycle for stability and investment protection.
- Enhanced security protection for your device, information and connection
- Data encryption from HP ProtectTools powered by Credant provides enhanced protection for both your data and device (when enabled).
- Full Microsoft OS functionality for VPN and WEP enhanced security. VPN software provides enhanced security for wireless connection when accessing information remotely such as the Internet and email.* 64-bit and 128-bit WEP offers enhanced security for an authorized connection and data transfer when connected wirelessly.
- Advanced level of security for wireless communication with support for LEAP, 802.1x,
- WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), and CCX 1.0.Wireless capabilities so you stay connected in and out of the office
- Integrated WLAN 802.11b (Wi-Fi) enables high-speed wireless access to the Internet, email and corporate data solutions*.
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology for wireless communication with other Bluetooth devices*.
- IrDA fast infrared (FIR) provides you with a fast (up to 4Mbps), cable free method of moving data via infrared.
Integrated wireless: *, **, ***
WLAN 802.11b, Bluetooth 1.2, IrDA (FIR), USB and Serial
Microsoft Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition software for Pocket PC ? Premium Edition Pocket versions of Microsoft software are included (Outlook, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer for Pocket PC
624 MHz Intel Bulverde technology-based processor Display 4" Transflective type VGA TFT color, 64K colors, LED backlight with power save mode; Portrait and Landscape modes
192 MB total memory (128 MB ROM and 64 MB SDRAM) Up to 135 MB user available memory that includes 80 MB iPAQ File Store
5.17 x 3.03 x .59 in (131 x 77 x 14.9 mm)
6.6 oz (186.7g ) w/o cover & cards
Power Button: Charge and Notify indicators
Blinking green - notify
Blinking amber - charging
Solid amber ? full charge
LED - Bluetooth/WLAN:
Solid blue LED - wireless radio(s) ON
Removable / Rechargeable 1800 mAh Lithium-lon user swappable battery. Optional extended removable/rechargeable 3600 mAh Lithium-lon battery available for purchase.
AC Input: 100~240 Vac, 50/60 Hz, AC Input current: 0.3 A max
Output Voltage: 5Vdc (typical), Output Current: 2A (typical
NOTE: Battery run time varies based on the usage pattern of an individual user and the configuration of the handheld. Use of internal wireless capabilities and backlight will significantly decrease battery run time.
SD Slot - Support 1-bit and 4-bit SDSDIO/MMC type memory standard
CF Slot - 1 Type II
Integrated microphone, speaker and one 3.5 mm stereo headphone/headset jack, MP3 stereo through audio jack and speaker, 5-band equalizer for playback through audio jack
HP exclusive applications:
HP Mobile Printing
HP ProtectTools powered by Credant
iTask Task Switcher
iPAQ Wireless: utility to manage wireless connections
iPAQ File Store: non-volatile storage in flash ROM
iPAQ Backup: utility for Backup/Restore to Main Memory, Memory Card or iPAQ File Store
HP Image Zone for Pocket PC: application to view images and create slide shows
Utilities: Self Test, iPAQ Audio, Power Status
4 shortcut programmable buttons, Navigation Touch-pad, Touch-sensitive display for stylus or fingertip, Voice record button, Microphone and Speaker on front-side of unit
One-year parts and labor in most regions; 90 days technical support for software in most regions. Additional offers may vary by region.
* A standard WLAN infrastructure, other Bluetooth-enabled devices, separately purchased equipment, and a service
contract with a wireless airtime provider may be required for applicable wireless communication. Wireless Internet use
requires a separately purchased service contract. Check with service provider for availability and coverage in your
area. Not all web content available.
** Wireless access point required and is not included. Availability of public wireless access points limited. Wireless Internet
use requires separately purchased Internet service contract.
*** Wireless access point required and is not included. Wireless Internet use requires separately purchased Internet service contract