The Original captures images with glowing highlights, subtle prismatic color shifts and the trademark Lensbaby graduated blur. The Original Lensbaby, with its raw and imperfect or soft and ethereal images, shines for portrait, black and white, and artistic photography.
The Original Lensbaby features a single, uncoated optical glass element which is quite sharp at f/5.6 and f/8 but becomes softer and slightly diffused at f/4 and more diffused and impressionistic at f/2.8.
Focus your Original Lensbaby by compressing the focusing collar with your fingertips. Move the sweet spot of sharp focus around the picture by bending the lens. Most photographers are getting rewarding shots after a short practice period.
The Original Lensbaby features a single, uncoated f/2.8 optical glass element and can achieve aperture settings of f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, and f/8. Aperture disks are held in place with a rubber gasket which is easy to remove with the aperture removal tool that comes with your lens.
- Uncoated, single optical glass element
- Focal length: right around 50mm
- Focus type: manual... fingertip, actually
- Aperture Type: interchangeable
- Apertures: f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8
- Minimum Focus: about 12" (30.48cm)
- Maximum Focus: infinity and beyond
- Size: 2.25" (5.72cm) high X 2.5" (6.35cm) wide
- Weight: 3.5oz (99.2g)
- Automatic light metering is possible by shooting in aperture priority mode for almost all digital and film SLR camera bodies except certain Nikon bodies including the D40, D50, D70, D70S, D80, D100, N50, N55, N65, N70, N75, N80, Kodak 14N and ProN, and Fuji S1, S2, and S3.