Dedicated stereo microphone designed to expand the movie capabilities of compatible Nikon D-SLRs and COOLPIX cameras.
A smart alternative to a camera's built-in microphone, it suppresses unwanted operational noise such as autofocus to let you capture movies in superb stereo sound. A wind screen and low-cut filter switch prevent interference from wind or low-frequency noise and it boasts a short body for comfortable operation when shooting.
Conveniently powered via the camera, it offers the ideal way to record crisp, clear sound.
- Unidirectional stereo microphone: records high-quality stereo sound.
- Clear stereo sound: suppresses operational noise that can come from autofocus or from handling the camera.
- Superior ergonomics: designed to work seamlessly with Nikon D-SLRs, it boasts a short body that enables easy access to the viewfinder and comfortable handheld shooting.
- Cable-stop: keeps the cable out of the way, helping to prevent unwanted noise through accidental contact when filming.
- Wind screen (included): suppresses the sound of the wind for clear recordings.
- Low-cut filter switch: provides additional control over low frequency noise.
- Weather resistant: built to withstand diverse shooting environments.
- Powered from the camera for convenient use.
- Compatible with Nikon D-SLR and COOLPIX cameras that have a 3.5 mm connector for external microphones.
Type - Back-electret condenser microphone
Number of channels - 2 (stereo)
Directionality - Unidirectional
Frequency response - 70 to 16,000 Hz
Sensitivity - -42 dB (0dB=1V/Pa, 1kHz)
Signal-to-noise ratio - 60 dB or more
Low-cut filter - Controlled by low-cut filter switch
Power supply - Supplied by camera (1 to 10 V)
Plug - Gold-plated, L-shaped stereo mini-pin plug (f 3.5 mm)
Length of cable - Approx. 300 mm/11.8 in.
Dimensions (W x H x D) - Approx. 38 x 79 x 87 mm/1.5 x 3.1 x 3.4 in. (ME-1 only, excluding cable and projections)
Approx. 38 x 79 x 100 mm/1.5 x 3.1 x 3.9 in. (including wind screen but excluding cable and projections)
Weight - Approx. 92 g/3.3 oz. (ME-1 only)
Approx. 93 g/3.3 oz. (including wind screen)
Operation temperature - 0 to 40?C/32 to 104?F
Supplied accessories - Wind screen, Soft case