The 4MP Nikon Coolpix L4 combines an array of high-quality components including a 3x Zoom-Nikkor lens and a bright 2.0-inch LCD screen with in-camera image-improvement features, housed in a lightweight, compact, yet elegantly finished body.
3x zoom capability
The remarkably compact dimensions of the Coolpix L-line cameras belie the incorporation of powerful 38-114mm Zoom-Nikkor lenses (35mm equivalent), ensuring the freedom of a 3x zoom. These precision lenses allow zooming in for tightly composed portraits, or zooming way out for expansively wide views, providing greater compositional independence than the average digital camera. Macro mode allows shooting from as close as 4 centimeters.
Simple-to-use features improve images in-camera
A range of unique Nikon functions enables the photographer to actually improve images in-camera. Available in playback mode, the D-Lighting function selects and creates a copy of images with excessive backlight or insufficient flash illumination, adding light and detail wherever needed while keeping other areas as they were. The Face-priority AF function automatically detects and then focuses in on people's faces, regardless of where they are in the frame, ensuring superb crisp-focus portraits. The In-Camera Red-Eye Fix function analyzes each image, automatically finding and then correcting any accidental red-eye, which sometimes occurs in flash photography, to produce more natural-looking portraits.
AA-size battery compatibility
Despite its compact dimensions, the L4 is compatible with AA-size batteries, one of the most widely available battery sizes in the world. The power to shoot approximately 200 shots when using alkaline batteries greatly augments their compact convenience.
Features and Specifications:
- Unique combination of all-round quality, ease of operation, and elegant styling makes the Coolpix L4 the compact digital camera of choice for entry-level photographers
- BSS (Best Shot Selector) automatically selects the shot with the sharpest focus from a series of consecutive images
- Blur Warning informs user after shooting if an image is blurred
- Time zone function enables local time to be set regardless of where you are in the world
- Single AF and Continuous AF selectable in Movie mode
- Capture modes: Single and Multi-Shot 16
- Built-in flash: features settings for Auto, Auto with red-eye reduction (In-Camera Red-Eye Fix), Off, Fill Flash, and Slow sync.
- Noise reduction provides more attractive results in low-light conditions
- Digital zoom of up to 4x
- Choice of White Balance: Auto with TTL control, 6-mode manual (Daylight, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Cloudy, Flash, and White Bal. Preset)
- USB connectivity allows quick and easy data transfer to computers and other peripherals
- Compact, portable dimensions: 3.4 x 2.4 x 1.4 inches
- Light weight: approximately 115 grams (4.1 ounces) (without battery and SD memory card)