This fast, rugged yet nimble addition to the Parrot MiniDrones collection, performs acrobatics as never seen before. Through this simple and easy-to-use device, Parrot has reinvented the experience of playing with robots.
An acrobatic and fearless adventurer
Jumping Sumo generates its own WiFi (AC) connection allowing for an automatic connection to your smartphone or tablet as soon as you enter the free FreeFlight 3 application (for iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, and available in September 2014 on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1). Thanks to its advanced jumping system Jumping Sumo can vertically and horizontally jump up to 80 cm/2.5 feet. It rolls at up to 2m/s and turns 90-degrees and 180-degrees in the blink of an eye.
Small, yet robust with a great personality
Jumping Sumo offers 2 different experiences with its adjustable wheels: depending on your level of experience you can opt for stability (wheels unfolded) or speed (wheels folded). Thanks to its sturdy, shock-proof design you can jump, roll, spin and explore without stopping. What is even more amazing is that Jumping Sumo always lands on its wheels. Equipped with a gyroscope and high-speed processor, the pilot can make the most of its fool-proof agility and super-intuitive driving control. Jumping Sumo reveals its cheeky personality through its flashing LED lights and sounds. Don't hesitate to personalize your robot with a range of stickers depending on your mood! Program your own animations and choreograph different moves and tricks to fascinate your spectators.
Always lands on its wheels
Jumping Sumo has the ability to vertically and horizontally jump up to 80cm/2.5 feet. Preload the spring to anticipate your jumps or use one of the 3 modes - Jumper, Kicker and Auto-Balance.
Jumping Sumo always lands on its wheels!
See what Jumping Sumo sees
With a 640x480 pixel wide-angle camera: you see what it sees. Capture, stream, and save your photos and videos to your smartphone and tablet or directly on to a micro-USB flash drive (Sold separately).
Make your Jumping Sumo dance
A 'road plan' enables you to program a sequence of actions. The itinerary is available on the FreeFlight 3 application and appears amongst the pre-defined movements of your Jumping Sumo.
Roll and Turn in the Blink of an Eye
Move forwards and backwards and adjust your speed to suit the situation. Jumping Sumo rolls up to 2m/s and avoids any obstacles that get in its way by turning 90-degrees and 180-degrees with the swipe of a finger.
FreeFlight 3 - Free App
FreeFlight 3 application, for iOS and Android Smartphones and tablets (available in September 2014 on Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1), also controls the MiniDrone Rolling Spider. Jumping Sumo generates its own WiFi (AC) connection with a control range of up to 50 meters.
Customize your Jumping Sumo
Customize your Jumping Sumo's removable face with a choice of 3 different stickers. The LED lights and sounds bring Jumping Sumo to life!
- Rolls at 2m per sec & turns 90-degrees & 180-degrees in the blink of an eye
- Jumps up to 2.5ft/80cm & always lands back on its wheels
- Adjustable wheels for speed or stability
- Wide-angle video camera to capture, stream & save photos & videos
- Super-intuitive driving control via Wi-Fi & FreeFlight 3 app (iOS & Android) through smartphone or tablet
- Connects to Parrot Pilot Academy to share stats with other pilots
- App Free piloting app compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and tablets (Windows 8.1 available September 2014)
- Connectivity Wifi
- Generates its own WiFi (AC) connection
- Ranges up to 50 meters in free-field conditions
- Battery Li-Ion, last up to 20 minutes
- Charges in 1 hour
- Speed: Rolls up to 2m/s
- Sounds: Loudspeaker to produce sounds depending on actions
- Flashing LEDs indicate status
- Kit contents: 1 Jumping Sumo, 1 micro-USB cradle, 3 stickers, 2 rubber pads, battery, 1 quick start guide
- Runs Linux. Free SDK for coders.