This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product
- Beautiful design is made to resemble a classic film camera; with its genuine brass covers and metal accents for a refined finish.
- The 4X optical zoom features a versatile range for shooting at 28-112mm in the 35mm format, making it ideal for everyday use.
- Enjoy a fast and bright, wide-aperture smc PENTAX lens at F1.8-2.5 for outstanding depth of field control and beautiful bokeh.
- This high-end compact is equipped with a 1/1.7 inch, 12 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS sensor for exceptional performance.
- The large, high-resolution 3-inch 920K pixel LCD screen can be tilted up or down for easy viewing and shooting from difficult angles.
- Dual PENTAX body-based Sensor-shift & Pixel Track Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system ensures sharp, blur-free images and video, even in dim lighting.
- Capture full 1920 X 1080 HD video with h.264 compression and make use of an HDMI port to allow smooth and functional output of high definition images, video and sound to HDTVs.
- This compact camera includes DSLR-like features such as textured mode dials, an exposure adjustment dial, In-body RAW development capability, HDR shooting and Custom images modes.
MODEL: PENTAX MX-1
TYPE: Compact Digital Camera
- Type: 1/1.7" Backlit CMOS
- Effective pixels: 12.0
- Total pixels: 12.76
- Recorded resolutions:
Still: JPEG:[4:3]12M,7M,5M,3M [16:9]9M,5M,3M,2M [3:2]10M,6M,4M,2M [1:1]9M,5M,3M,2M RAW
Movie: HD (1920x1080 approx. 30fps), (1280x720 approx. 60/30fps), Audio Recording with Movie: Yes, Stereo
- Quality levels: Still (Fine, Normal) Movie: Fixed Pixel Mapping: Yes
- Type/construction: smc PENTAX zoom lens, 11e in 8g (4aspherical elements)
- Focal length (equiv.): 6.0-24mm (28-112mm)
- Optical zoom: 4X, Digital zoom: 1.95X, Combined zoom: 7.8X
- Intelligent zoom: Approx5.2X at 7M, approx. 7.8X at 3M (including optical zoom)
- Aperture: F1.8 (wide) - F2.5 (tele)Smallest Aperture: F8
- LCD: 3.0" Tiltable color TFT with AR Coating (Tilt down to 45?, up to 90? (approx.))
- LCD resolution: (approx. 920,000 dots)
- Wide angle viewable: 170?
- Type: TTL contrast detection autofocus
- Focus modes: Auto, Spot, Tracking , AF Select (25 Points), Infinity Landscape, Manual Focus, Pan Focus, AF Point Switching
- Manual focus: Yes, range (.4" to infinity, depending on zoom setting)
- Focus lock: Yes (by pressing the shutter release button half way)
- Focus range: Normal: 1.3' to infinity (wide), 5.2' to infinity (tele), Macro: 2" to 19.7" (wide) 8" to 19.7" (tele)
- Super Macro: 0.4" to 7.9" (1cm) (wide)
- Focus Assist Lamp: Yes
- Face Detection: Yes (up to 32 faces), Smile Capture, Blink Detection
- Pet Detection: Yes (up to 1 pet's face), auto or select from 3 pre-registered faces)
- Type: Built-in auto flash
- Flash modes: Auto, Flash Off, Flash On, Red-eye,Slow-speed synchro, Slow-speed+Red-eye, Trailing Curtain
- Effective range: 1.31 - 40' (wide, auto ISO), 1.31 - 29' (tele, auto ISO)
- Internal memory: 75.3 MB (approx.)
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Eye-Fi Compatible, File/Folder customization: n/a
- Ports: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, PC/ AV out, HDMI (Type D) out
- Video out: NTSC, PAL
- Printer interfaces: n/a
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-Li106
- Recordable images: Approx290 (D-Li106)
- Playback time: Approx280 min (D-Li106)
- Movie recording time: Approx90 min
- AC adapter available
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.8 x 2.4 x 2.0" (excluding protrusions)
- Weight: Without battery or removable memory: 12.8oz (approx.)
- Loaded and ready: 13.8oz (approx.)
- Construction material(s): Brass covers
- Operating temperature: 32-104?F
- Startup: approx. 1.6 sec., Release Time Lag: approx.. 0.019 sec.
- Continuous Shooting: approx. 1.57 fps (maximum approx. 37 frames)
- High-speed Continuous Shooting:
[Burst Shooting L] approx. 2.86 frame/sec (for up to 10 frame)
[Burst Shooting H] approx. 4.21 frame/sec (for up to 10 frame)
- English, French, Germany, Spanish, Portuguese, Italy, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian,Turkey, Greek, Russian
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
For direct device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, 8, USB port
- Mac: MacOS 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, USB port
IMAGE STABILIZATION (SHAKE REDUCTION)
- Still: Sensor-Shift SR, Digital SR (ISO 100-12800), Dual (SR & Pixel Track SR)
- Movie: Movie Shake Reduction Mode (Movie SR) (Maximum effect of 3 stops using Sensor-Shift SR)
- Type: TTL, Multi-segment, Center-weighted or Spot
- Exposure compensation: +/- 2 EV (1/3 steps)
- Auto: 100-12800 (Fixed at ISO 100-1600 in Handheld Night Snap, Green modes)
- Auto ISO Range: ISO 100-200, ISO 100-400, ISO 100-800, ISO 100-1600, ISO 100-3200, ISO 100-6400, ISO 100-12800
- Manual: 100-12800
- Auto ISO Range for Digital SR: 100 ? 12800, Dynamic Range Adjustment: Yes
- Auto preset modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent light (D:Daylight Color, N:Daylight White, W:Cool White, L:Warm White),Tungsten, Flash
- Manual WB: Yes
- Type: Programmed AE electronic lens shutter w electronic sensor shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec. - 1/4 sec., max. 30 sec. (1/8000 sec. - 30 sec. with Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, Manual Exposure, and combination of electronic shutter enabled), Bulb
- Noise Reduction: Yes, automatically applied if shutter speed is slower than 1 sec
- Mode selection: Auto Picture, Program, Natural Skin Tone, Handheld Night Snap (5M), Night Scene Portrait, Night Scene, Digital Panorama (2M per frame),High Speed Movie (VGA, 120 FPS capture, 30 FPS playback),Time Lapse Movie, Landscape, Blue Sky, Sunset, Flower, Digital SR (ISO 3200-6400 5M), Kids, Pet, Portrait, Food, Fireworks, Surf & Snow, Sport, Fisheye, Sketch, Miniature Filter, Text, Frame Composite (3M), Movie, Green
- Auto Picture modes:Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Standard, Flower, Sport, Candlelight, Blue Sky, Sunset, Text, Group Photo, Pet, Portrait x Blue Sky, Portrait x Sunset, Portrait x Backlight
- Custom Image Modes: n/a
- Green simplified mode available: Yes
- Mode Dial: P/Av/Tv/M/User/HDR/SCN/AUTO PICT/Green/Movie
- Date Imprint: Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)
- Digital filters (capture): Movie (B&W, Sepia, Fisheye, Miniature, Sketch)
- Dynamic Range adjustment: Yes (shadow, highlight)
- Digital level: Yes
- Mode selection: One shot, Continuous Shooting, Burst Shooting(L/H), Self-timer (2 or 10 sec.), Remote Control (immediately or 3 sec.), Auto Bracketing
- Continuous FPS: Approx 1 FPS for 6 frames
- Multi-exposure: n/a, Interval Shooting: n/a
- HDR: Yes
- Mode selection: One Shot, Index (4, 9 or 25 thumbnails), Magnification (up to 10X, scrollable), Movie Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, Calendar
- Mode pallet: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Stretch Filter, Small Face Filter, HDR Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, RAW Development(Aspect Ratio, JPEG Recorded Pixels, JPEG Quality, Custom Image(Bright, Natural, Vibrant, Reversal Film, Monochrome) White Balance,Sensitivity, Shadow Correction, Distortion Correction, Original Frame, Movie Editing, Red-eye Edit, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, DPOF, Start-up Screen
- Digital filters (playback): B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Starbust, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature, Slim, Invert Color Filter
- Movie edit: Save as Still Image, Movie Divide, Add Title Picture
- Still: RAW(DNG), JPEG(conforms to Exif 2.3), conforms to DCF2.0, DPOF, PRINT Image Matching III
- Movie: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264