This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product
The stylish PENTAX X-5 is a 26X Megazoom camera with DSLR-like features.
- Large 3 inch tiltable LCD screen provides convenient viewing for playback and composition.
- Triple Shake Reduction technology includes a mechanical sensor-shift mechanism, digital high ISO SR, and Movie SR, for sharp images, even in the most challenging lighting conditions.
- A 26X super-telephoto zoom lens (22.3-580mm equivalent) ensures extreme flexibility for any subject near or far.
- 260,000 dot resolution electronic viewfinder provides DSLR like handling and a clear view of your subject.
- Capture JPG or unprocessed archival RAW images in Adobe's open DNG format.
- Backlit 16 megapixel CMOS sensor offers superior quality, high-resolution imaging.
- Capture even the smallest and closest subjects as near as 1cm with Super Macro mode.
- Fast Face Detection technology quickly finds up to 32 faces for perfectly focused and exposed portraits.
- An HDMI port plays back beautiful high resolution images and video on HDTV's.
- Capture full HD 1080p widescreen video at 30 FPS with high quality h.264 compression.
- Type: 1/2.33" interline transfer CCD w primary color filter
- Effective pixels: 16MP
- Total pixels: 16.37MP
Recorded resolutions (pixels):
Still: 16M (4608x3456), 12M (1:1) (3456x3456), 12M (16:9) (4608x2592), 7M (3072x2304), 5M (16:9) (3072x1728), 5M (2592x1944), 4M (16:9) (2592x1464), 3M(2048x1536), 2M(16:9)(1920x1080), 1024(1024x768), 640(640x480)
- Burst Shooting(L/H) mode - fixed 5M (2592x1944) or 4M (2592x1464) per frame.
- Digital Wide mode ? fixed 5M (2592x1944 - after Merge) - fixed 3M (2048x1536 ? before merge) in single frame.
- Frame composite mode, resolution fixed to 3M (2048x1536).
- Digital Panorama mode, resolution fixed to 2M (1600x1200) per frame.
- Stage Lighting mode, resolution fixed to 2M (1600x1200).
Movie: HD 1920(1920x1080): approx. 30fps, 1280(1280x720): approx.60/30fps, 640(640x480): approx. 30fps
Quality levels: ***(best), ** (better), * (good)
- Type/construction: smc PENTAX zoom lens - 12 elements in 9 groups (3 aspherical elements)
- Optical zoom: 26X
- Focal length (equiv.): 4.0 - 104mm (22.3 - 580mm)
- Digital zoom: approx. 7.2X
- Combined zoom: 187.2X
- Intelligent zoom: approx. 39X at 7M, approx. 187.2X at 640 (including optical zoom)
- Aperture: f/3.1- 5.9
- LCD screen: 3.0-inch tiltable LCD (Can be lowered to approx.60? or raised to approx.90?), LCD resolution: 460,000 dots, Wide angle viewable
- Viewfinder: Electronic Viewfinder, approx. 230K dots. (Equipped the with diopter adjustment dial).
- Type: TTL contrast detection autofocus.
- Focus modes: 9 point AF, Spot AF, Auto Tracking AF, Macro, Super Macro, Infinity Landscape, Manual, Focus Point Selection
- Manual focus: Yes
- Macro focus: Yes, Macro and Super Macro available
- Focus lock: Yes, by pressing the shutter release button half way
- Focus range: Normal: 1.31' to infinity (wide), 5.6' to infinity (tele), Macro: 0.33-1.64' (wide to mid zoom), Super Macro: 0.03-0.98' (at mid zoom, set automatically)
- Type: Retractable popup series-control auto flash
- Flash modes: Auto, Flash Off, Flash On, Auto + Redeye, On + Redeye, Slow Sync,
- Slow Sync + Redeye
- Effective range: Wide: approx. 0.66- 38 ft (ISO Auto) Tele: approx. approx. 4.9 ? 20ft (ISO Auto)
- Flash Exposure Compensation
- Internal memory: (approx. 75.3 MB)`
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Eye-Fi Compatible
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, PC/AV Out, HDMI (type D), DC Input Terminal
- Video out: NTSC, PAL (HDMI out supports Auto, 1080i, 720p, 480p)
- Power source: 4 AA batteries (Alkaline, Lithium, Nickel and Rechargeable Ni-MH), Optional AC adapter kit is also available.
- Recordable images (approx): (300 - w/ Alkaline batteries), (500 w/ Rechargeable w/ Ni-MH batteries), (950 w/ Lithium batteries)
- Playback time (approx) : (420 min. w/ Alkaline batteries), (500 min. w/ Rechargeable Ni-MH
batteries), (950 min. w/ Lithium batteries)
- Movie recording time (approx): (75 min. w /Alkaline batteries), (150 min. w/ Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries), (280 min. w/ Lithium batteries)
- AC adapter available: Yes (optional)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 4.7 x 3.4 x 4.2"
- Weight:Without battery or removable memory: 17.9 oz, Loaded and ready: 21.1 oz
- Construction material(s): Reinforced polycarbonate plastic
- Operating temperature: 32-104?F
- Weather Resistant: n/a
- Shock Resistant: n/a
- Startup: Approx 1.9 sec
- Release lag: Approx 0.046 sec
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Thai, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Still: Sensor-Shift SR, Dual (Sensor-shift SR and Pixel-Track SR), Digital SR (High-sensitivity anti-shake mode)
- Movie: Movie SR
- Type: TTL
- Multi-segment: Yes
- Center weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure compensation: +/- 2 EV (1/3 steps)
- Auto, Manual (ISO 100 ? 6400)
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light (D, N, W), Manual setting
- Type: Programmed AE electronic lens shutter w CCD electronic shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/1500 to 1/4 sec (up to 4 sec Manual, Night Scene modes)
- Mode selection Auto Picture, Program, Manual, USER, Movie, Handheld Night Snap, Sport, Landscape, Portrait,, Scene (Flower, Blue Sky, Sunset, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, , Fireworks, HDR, Surf & Snow, Baby, Kids, Pet, Food, Digital SR, Stage Lighting, Text, Museum, Digital Wide, Digital Panorama, Frame Composite), Green
- Green simplified mode available: Yes
- Face detection available: Yes (AF&AE is available in all modes, up to 32 faces), Smile Capture, Blink
- P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M
- Date stamp: Yes, date, date-time, time (not available in Green mode)
- Digital filters (capture): Image Tone (Bright, Natural, Monochrome)
- Dynamic Range Adjustment: (Highlight and Shadow correction)
- Mode selection: One shot, Continuous Shooting, Burst Shooting (L/H), Self-timer, Remote Control,
- Continuous FPS: Approx 1.12 FPS, Burst L (5M or 4M), Burst H (5M or 4M)
- Self-timer: Yes (10 sec, 2 sec)
- Remote control: Yes
- Mode selection: One Shot, Index (4 or 9 thumbnails), Magnification, Movie Playback, Histogram, Folder Display, Select & Delete, Calendar
- Mode pallet: Slideshow, Image Rotation, Stretch Filter, Small Face Filter, Collage, Digital Filter, HDR Filter, Frame Composite, Movie Editing, Red-eye Compensation, Resize, Cropping, Image Copy, Protect, DPOF, Start-up Screen
- Magnification: Up to 10X, scrollable
- Digital filters (playback): (B&W, Sepia, Toy Camera, Retro, Color, Extract Color, Color Emphasis, High Contrast, Soft, Fish-eye, Brightness, Miniature Filter)
- Movie edit: Save as still image, movie divide
- Still: JPG (EXIF 2.2), DCF 2.0, DPOF, Print Image Matching III
- Movie (compression): AVI (Motion JPG)
- Sound: WAV (PCM), monaural
FILE STORAGE MATRIX (BASED ON 4GB MEMORY CARD)
(Best, Better, Good)
16M: 727, 1284, 2117
12M (1:1): 856, 1676, 2568,
12M (16:9): 856, 1676, 2568,
7M (4:3): 1284, 2366, 3771
5M (16:9): 1527, 2943, 4162
5M (4:3): 1527, 2943, 4162
4M (16:9): 2011, 3771, 5486
3M: 2366, 4642, 6705
2M: 3448, 6352, 9284
1024: 8046, 13411, 17243
VGA (640 x 480): 17243, 24140, 30175
COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7, USB port
- Mac: Mac OS-X 10.3.9, 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, USB port