- Amazing lens light response with fast F2.8 constant aperture
- Enjoy Optical Image Stabilization and 24X Leica lens
- Never miss a shot with 12 fps high-speed burst shooting
- Record fast motion and fine detail in Full 1080/60p HD video
The LUMIX FZ200 is Panasonic's first digital compact camera to offer the incredible advantages of a full range F2.8 aperture across the entire 24x zoom range (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm). This is a feature usually reserved for high-end professional lenses, and allows the FZ200 to capture moving subjects clearly with a fast shutter speed, even from a distance. Travel with more zoom than most professional interchangeable lens cameras deliver with renowned LEICA optics. At the heart of this lens is the high-quality LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT optical technology delivering 25mm ultra wide-angle performance. The FZ200 enhances shooting situations from photographing people indoors to shooting architecture or a sweeping landscape outside. Never miss a moment with high-speed burst shooting at 12 fps, and enjoy shooting full HD Video.
Fast F2.8 Aperture Across Entire Zoom Range
World's First 25-600mm Lens with Full-Range F2.8 Aperture
The DMC-FZ200 features a high-quality LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 25mm ultra wide-angle lens with a 24x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-600mm) that achieves full range F2.8. The stunningly bright F2.8 aperture at 600mm is a world's first for a digital compact camera. You'll have the ability to capture a moving subject, even in the distance, clearly with a fast shutter speed.Designed with 14 elements in 11 groups, including 3 ED lenses and 5 aspherical lenses with 9 aspherical surfaces, this advanced lens unit allows for an incredibly compact camera body while delivering exceptional optical performance.
To achieve full range F2.8 with a shallow depth of field, high precision correction performance against distortion is required. The DMC-FZ200 integrates 5 aspherical lenses and 3 ED lenses to pass Leica's stringent standards. The accuracy required for the aspherical lens is within 0.1 um, which is managed by the unparalleled mold technology of the Panasonic Yamagata Factory.
Nano Surface Coatng
Panasonic's black box technology Nano Surface Coating boasts an extremely low reflectance ratio and allows the DMC-FZ200 to deliver exceptional optical performance with stunning clarity by minimizing flaring and ghosts.
24X Power O.I.S. Leica Optics [600mm]
48x Intelligent Zoom
If the 24x optical zoom is not long enough for your photographic journey, the Intelligent Zoom uses digital zoom technology with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. The 24x optical zoom virtually extends to a 48x zoom equivalent.
25mm Ultra Wide-Angle Lens
The 25mm ultra wide-angle lens has about twice the shooting area as a standard 35mm lens. This enhances most shooting situations, like photographing a group of people at an indoor party or shooting a large structure or sweeping landscape while traveling.
The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses vibration and hand-shake that happens when you press the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. The POWER O.I.S. also works for powerful zoom shots, which are especially susceptible to hand-shake. The Active Mode is effective for video recording.
In-Camera Creative Effects
14 Creative Controls
Panasonic is ready to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary by fueling your creativity with the Creative Control feature (in the recording mode) and the Creative Retouch feature (in the playback mode). These features take simple or complicated scenes and make them easy to capture in a great photo. Simply set the camera to match your scene and it uses sophisticated presets to optimize the camera settings resulting in photos you'll be proud of.
You can choose from 6 color types ranging from monochrome to vivid resulting in photos and videos just the way you imagined them. In addition, the contrast, sharpness, saturation, and noise reduction for each mode can be customized in 5 steps and even stored in memory.
The Panorama Shot Mode makes it is possible to shoot a 360-degree horizontal/vertical panoramic image with consecutive shots taken by overlaying the previous picture.
White Balance Bracket
The white balance bracket function shoots 3 consecutive photos with slight changes to the white balance setting of each photo in both the horizontal (amber to blue) and vertical (green to magenta) axes.
Intelligent Night Shot
The Intelligent Handheld Night Shot in the iA Mode delivers bright, glamorous night scenery with illumination by layering multiple pictures shot consecutively for one outstanding night photo. Create beautiful night scenes without using a tripod. The Handheld Night Shot Mode is also available in the Scene Modes.
3D Photo Mode
The 3D Photo Mode produces a 3D image in the camera. The image-processing method used by LUMIX records beautiful images with less distortion or visible image links. Take 20 panning shots and the camera selects the two most suitable images - one for the right eye and one for the left eye - to synthesize a 3D composite. The 3D image can be played back on MPO-compatible equipment such as VIERA HDTVs and digital photo frames, or even printed.
1.3MP Electronic Viewfinder
The newly developed 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) features 1,312K-dot equivalent high resolution and a 100% field of view. Shoot fast-moving subjects under strong sunlight with an increased frame rate from 30fps to a maximum of 60 fps, and a minimized screen freeze.
3.0-inch Free-Angle LCD
A 3.0-inch 3:2 460K-dot free-angle LCD rotates 180? to the side and tilts 270? up and down. This LCD enables dynamic, artistic framing with high-angle shots and low-angle shots. It's convenient when shooting with a tripod too.
The Focus Button conveniently activates the variable AF area. During MF operation, it changes to a handy One-Shot AF function to provide initial focusing. During Playback, it gives you one-touch zoom playback of subjects in focus.
iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Simply aim, press, and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos. In addition, the iA Plus Mode enables you to defocus an area, adjust exposure compensation, and control white balance by simply moving a slider.
The range of defocus can be adjusted to match your creativity.
You can adjust the exposure compensation accurately and easily to the level you want.
You can adjust the white balance from warm red to cool blue.
When gyro sensors detect hand-shake, the O.I.S. lens shifts to compensate helping prevent blurred images.
The Motion Deblur Mode determines the appropriate shutter speed and suppresses motion blur. The shutter speed rises as high as possible activating the high sensitivity recording with a pixel mixed readout method.
The Face Recognition function remembers faces that have been registered in the camera and provides the faces with optimal focus and exposure.
The Face Detection function detects faces anywhere in the frame and automatically chooses the optimal focus and exposure. The Face Detection also features Digital Red-Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) in photo recording.
Once you focus on your subject, the AF Tracking system automatically and continuously tracks it and keeps it in focus with proper exposure.
The Intelligent Scene Selector senses the ambient conditions and automatically selects one of these Scene Modes: Photo (Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait, Night Scenery or Sunset Mode), Video (Scenery, Portrait, Macro or Low Light Mode).
The Intelligent D-range Control offers natural looking images by optimizing the exposure for each part of an image, preventing blocked shadows and blown highlights, and helping ensure that gradation and details are reproduced beautifully including the blue color in the sky.
Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range)
You will be delighted by the creative possibilities that Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range) delivers. Shoot several still pictures consecutively at different exposure levels that are then overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure). The results are stunning.
Ideal for taking dynamic, intricate close-ups of flowers and insects, the 1-cm Macro feature is also great for photographing artwork and crafts with spectacular detail and rich colors.
Select the flash synchronization you want from 1st Curtain Sync. or 2nd Curtain Sync. Helping you capture nightscapes with a natural flow of light. You can also adjust the intensity of light with a range of ?EV 2 in 1/3 EV steps.
Custom Mode 1 gives you the power to program a series of settings you use often, while Custom Mode 2 lets you register patterns for up to 3 additional settings.
Using the Q.MENU button, frequently used functions can be quickly retrieved.
12 fps Burst Rate
Approximately 0.95 sec Quick Start-Up Time
The DMC-FZ200 boasts a quick start-up time of approximately 0.95 sec. Together with Light Speed AF, the DMC-FZ200 helps you to never miss a moment.
Light Speed AF
Light Speed AF helps catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities. You can quickly focus on moving subjects such as sports, animals or kids.
12 fps with 12.1-megapixel Full Resolution
The 12.1-megapixel MOS sensor lets the DMC-FZ200 shoot 12 fps in full resolution with a mechanical shutter. You can even take a series of shots, choose the ones you like the best, and delete the rest.
Intelligent Burst Mode
When photographing a fast moving subject, but you're not sure how to set the camera, Intelligent Burst Shooting will automatically set the frame rate of burst shooting according to the subject's movement making it easy for you to achieve gorgeous photos.
Once you focus on your subject, the AF Tracking automatically follows it until you press the shutter. When you're taking images of an active subject, like children or pets, this function eliminates the need to press the shutter button halfway down repeatedly to readjust the focus.
12.1-megapixel MOS Sensor
The new 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor boasts an excellent S/N ratio resulting in super clear images with less noise even in high sensitivity recording. Together with the high performance image processing LSI Venus Engine, it elevates the response, sensitivity and image quality to an even higher level.
Intelligent Noise Reduction System
The excellent S/N (Signal to Noise) ratio of the MOS sensor combined with the Intelligent Noise Reduction system in the Venus Engine delivers photos and videos from low to high sensitivity with outstanding clearness.
You will be delighted by the creative possibilities that Intelligent HDR (High Dynamic Range) in the iA Mode delivers. Shoot several still pictures consecutively at different exposure levels that are then overlaid to produce a single composite picture without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure). The results are stunning. The HDR Mode is also available in the Scene Modes.
Full 1080/60p HD Video
60p Full HD Video Recording
The DMC-FZ200 records high-resolution full-HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4 / H.264) format. Featuring 60p (NTSC) full HD recording capability, subjects with fast motion or fine details are reproduced clearly.
Twice the Information of Interlace Recording
1080/60p / 1080/50p (progressive) conveys about twice the information of 1080i (interlace) recording. It creates intricate detail and silky smooth motion even when subjects move quickly. Afterimages are minimized creating more natural looking images.
This feature reproduces all image data in a single picture.
24x Optical Zoom during video recording
The 24x optical zoom brings you closer to the action, from people and animals, to dynamic sports scenes. The side lever makes it smoother to zoom, and focus can also be changed with this lever making it convenient for video recording.
Motion Picture Button
Video recording can be easily started with the press of the Motion Picture Button making it convenient for switching between photo and video shooting instantly.
MP4 Format Recording
If you want to edit your videos on a computer or upload them to a website, the DMC-FZ200 can record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 30p (NTSC) videos in MP4 format.
Power O.I.S. with Active Mode
The Active Mode effectively suppresses blur in video recordings especially at wide-angle settings while walking or playing with children or moving subjects.
Panasonic has incorporated a stereo zoom microphone resulting in videos with the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby Digital. This delivers realistic sound to your videos. Mechanical noise caused by the camera's zooming operation is suppressed to improve the clearness.
Auto Wind Cut
The Auto Wind Cut function blocks out most noise from background wind making the voices you are recording stand out.
HD High-Speed Video
The DMC-FZ200 records high-speed videos at 120 fps (NTSC / HD)or 240 fps (NTSC / VGA)in MP4 format. This allows you to capture scenes that can't be seen with the naked eye, and play them back in dramatically slow motion.
Creative Controls and Photo Style
The Creative Control feature for video matches the colors to your subject and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video you record is played back 10x faster making it more comical and fun to watch*.
Creative Video Mode
The Creative Video Mode gives you the freedom to adjust the shutter speed and aperture any way you want when shooting videos.
The energy-saving Venus Engine and efficient, rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you take approximately 540 shots on a single battery charge.
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 125.2 x 86.6 x 110.2 mm / (4.93 x 3.41 x 4.34 inch)
- Weight: Approx. 537g without Battery and SD Memory Card (1.18lb) / Approx. 588g with Battery and SD Memory Card (1.29lb)
- Camera Effective Pixels: 12.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size / Total Pixels / Filter: 1/2.3-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor / 12.8 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Aperture: F2.8 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F2.8 - 8 (W, T))
- Optical Zoom: 24x
- Focal Length: f=4.5 - 108mm (25 - 600mm in 35mm equiv.) / (28 - 672mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 29.4x (4:3 / 8M), 37.5x (4:3 / 5M), 46.9x (under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom: 48x
- Lens: LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT (Nano Surface Coating) / 14 elements in 11 groups / (5 Aspherical Lenses / 9 Aspherical surfaces / 3 ED Lenses / 1 Nano Surface Coating Lens)
- 2-Speed Zoom: Yes
- Optical Image Stabilizer: Power O.I.S. (On with Active Mode(only for Video) / Off)
- Digital Zoom: Max. 4x
- Focusing Area: Normal: Wide 30 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity / AF Macro / MF / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 1 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- AF Assist Lamp:Yes (On / Off)
- Focus: Normal / AF Macro / MF / Quick AF ON/OFF(On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture) / FOCUS Button, AF/AF Macro/MF Switchable, AF/AE Lock Button, Manual Focus / One shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
- AF Metering: 1/3 - 3 EV step, Max.+/-3EV, 3 frames
- Shutter Speed: Still image : approx. 60 - 1/4000 sec / Motion picture : approx. 1/30 - 1/20,000 sec / (Creative Video Mode: approx. 1/8 - 1/20,000 sec)
- Viewfinder: 0.21" Color EVF (1,312K dots equiv.), Field of View : approx. 100%, Lens 18.4x
- File Format: Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), RAW, MPO / Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Mode Dial / Mode Button: Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color
- Creative Control mode: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, / Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, 3D photo
- Still Image Scene Mode: Full- Resolution Image: 12 frames/sec Max.12 images / with AF Tracking: 5.5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec / Intelligent Burst Shooting / High- speed Burst: approx. 60 frames/sec (recorded in 2.5 M) / approx. 40 frames/sec (recorded in 5 M)
- Motion Picture Recording:[HD Video] 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (PSH: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FSH: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (SH: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30 fps (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / [STD Video] 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / [High Speed Video] 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (MP4) (Sensor Output is 120fps) / 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (MP4) (Sensor Output is 240fps)
- AVCHD (Continuous recordable time [motion pictures]): approx. 160 min (PSH), 180 min(FSH)
- MP4 (Continuous recordable time [motion pictures]): approx. 200 min (FHD)
- AVCHD (Actual recordable time [motion pictures]): approx. 80 min (PSH), 90 min (FSH)
- MP4 (Actual recordable time [motion pictures]): approx. 100 min (FHD)
- Exposure: Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation: 1/3 EV step, +/-3 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing: 1/3 EV step, +/-3EV, 3 frames
- Light Metering: Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 * (* Extended ISO) (Changeable to 1/3 EV step) / High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 1600 - 6400)
- Still Picture Recording: [1:1] / 2992 x 2992 (9M) / 2448 x 2448 (6M EZ) / 1920x1920(3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536(2.5M EZ) / 480x480(0.2M EZ) / [4:3] / 4000 x 3000 (12M) / 3264 x 2448 (8M EZ) / 2560X1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 1600 x 1200 (2M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] / 4000 x 2672 (10.5M) / 3264 x 2176 (7M EZ) / 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ) / [16:9] / 4000 x 2248 (9M) / 3264 x 1840 (6M EZ) / 2560x1440(3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M EZ) / 1920 x 1080 (3D)
- Image Quality: RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / Fine / Standard (3D Mode : MPO+Fine / MPO+Standard)
- White Balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Flash / Incandescent / White Set1 / White Set2 / Color Temperature (2-axis adjustable)
- Photo Style / Film Mode: Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color: Color Mode (only in iA Mode) : Standard, Happy, Black and White, Sepia
- Picture Adjustment: Contrast, Sharpness, Color Saturation, Noise Reduction
- Aspect Bracketing: -
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal): Yes
- GPS: -
- Wi-FI: -
- Zoom in Motion Picture: Yes
- Self Timer: 2 sec / 10 sec / 10 sec (3 pcs)
- Playback Mode: Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback(Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, Category, Favorites), Calendar Playback
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback: 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback: Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image: Yes / No
- Show Histogram: Yes
- Show Highlights: Yes
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection: Yes / Yes
- Retouch: Auto Retouch / Creative Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling: Yes / Yes / No / Yes
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp: Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Animation: Yes
- Video Divide: Yes
- PictBridge Support: Single / Multi / All / DPOF / Favorites
- OSD language: English, Spanish
- LCD Monitor: 3.0"(7.5cm) Free-Angle TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots), AR Coating / Field of View : approx. 100% Wide Viewing Angle / Power LCD mode, AUTO Power LCD mode
- Built-in-Flash: Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, Flash Synchro ; 1st/2nd Slow Sync / 0.3 - 13.5m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 13.5m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Recording Media: Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I Standard)
- Built-in-Memory: Approx. 70MB
- Microphone / Speaker: Stereo / Mono
- Interface: miniHDMI, AV Output (NTSC), USB Multi, Microphone
- Power: Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, Minimum: 1,200mAh) (Included) / AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
- Battery life (approx.): 540 pictures (CIPA Standard)
- Included Software: PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 PE, SilkyPix Developer Studio, Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories: Battery Charger, Battery Pack, USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM, Lens Hood, Lens Cap