The DMR-E60 lets you record your favorite TV shows or home movies on blank DVD discs imagine recordings that combine tape-free convenience with DVD's ultra-clean picture and sound quality! Camcorder owners will love making pristine DVD copies of videos for easy playback, or for sharing with friends and family. Plus, the DMR-E60 is a great DVD player too, with progressive-scan output for an improved picture with an HD-compatible TV.
You can make DVD recordings on rewritable DVD-RAM discs (for playback on the DMR-E60 and all Panasonic DVD players that we carry) or write-once DVD-R discs (for playback on nearly all current DVD players). Using a double-sided rewritable DVD-RAM disc, you can record up to 4 hours of high-quality video in SP mode or up to 12 hours at VHS quality. DVD-RAM is the most versatile recordable-DVD format; the DMR-E60 provides advanced DVD-RAM recording and playback options that just aren't possible with a VCR.
Equipped built-in TV tuner, clock/timer, and VCR Plus+?, the DMR-E60 gives you familiar recording features often found on VCRs plus a whole lot more. Jump directly to any spot and begin playing or recording right away. You can arrange recorded programs for playback in any order you choose. The "Chasing Playback" feature lets you watch the beginning of a recorded program while the show is finishing recording! You can also record one program while watching another program you've previously recorded. A handy control on the remote lets you search through recorded segments quickly and precisely.
The DMR-E60 offers all of the performance and features of the DMRE 50 and adds some great capabilities for personal video. It includes two front-panel slots, one for PC Card and one for SD Card, that let you view digital photos in JPEG or TIFF format on a TV screen, or easily store them to DVD-RAM discs without having to connect a PC. It also adds a DV input (i.LINK), which makes it easy to record directly from a digital camcorder onto a disc. Save shelf space by archiving your precious home movies on DVDs (no more worries about tape failure, either).
- plays DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R, and Video CD
- records to DVD-RAM and DVD-R
- plays CD, CD-R & CD-RW, and MP3 CD-R & CD-RW
- plays JPEG digital photos on CD and DVD
- Hybrid VBR (Variable Bit Rate) recording
- Rapid Random Access
- 3D Digital Noise Reduction
- 54MHz/10-bit video DAC
- selectable interlaced/progressive-scan component video output (playback only)
- de-interlacer with 3-2 pulldown processing
- built-in 181-channel NTSC tuner
- timer recording with VCR Plus+
- manual recording
- two stereo audio recording modes: Dolby? Digital 2.0 and PCM
- optical digital output for Dolby Digital/DTS?/PCM
- 3 sets of A/V inputs (composite and S-video), including 1 front-panel set
- 1 set of A/V outputs (composite, S-video, and 480i/480p component video)
- i.LINK DV input (IEEE 1394)
- front-panel PC Card slot
- front-panel SD Card slot
- RF input/output for antenna/cable signals
- remote (multibrand for TVs)
- 16-15/16"W x 3-3/16"H x 12-5/16"D
- warranty: 1 year parts & labor
- designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs