Waterproof And Dustproof
The A500 is designed to enable underwater recording for 30 minutes at 3 meters. Dustproofing also allows you to actively use the camera at the beach and other places.
High Quality 4K Recording
With image quality four times better than Full HD resolution, you can shoot crisper and more beautiful movies. Excellence of the picture quality is delivered by Crystal Engine Pro+, which provides outstanding image processing.
Level Shot and Image Stabilizer
Tilted shots are automatically leveled and fine blurring is suppressed. Images are always easy to see.
Easy to Use With Built-in LCD
HX-A500 comes with an LCD on the main unit. As well as enabling you to check your movies on location, it also makes it easy to change various settings. Operations are performed using the Joystick beneath the LCD. With visual feedback from the LCD, control soon becomes intuitive and fumble-free.
Small and Light Weight
The lens unit weighs in at just 31 grams. This A500 wearable camera lets you record whatever is in your line of sight, whenever, wherever. Wearing the lightweight lens unit on the Head Mount, you can record scenes that put viewers right there in the midst of the action. Providing 4K capability, the camera can capture four times more detail than Full HD. Creating memories of exquisite beauty, naturally, you can capture the fleeting moments of everyday life.
Create Highlights and Easy Share with Image App You can play back recordings on the main unit and extract selected sequences. It's easy to enjoy and share your stand-out scenes.
Memorable scenes are distributed as videos on the Internet while recording. Live relays can be seen anywhere in the world.
Without bothersome initial settings, NFC lets you connect a smartphone or tablet to the camcorder in one touch. In addition, using Wi-Fi you can use a smartphone or tablet to remotely control recording, and manage easy share to Social Media.
One touch Connection
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet with NFC (near field communication) capabilities, just install and run our app.Without bothersome initial settings, you can connect your smart device to A500 in one-touch.
Slow Motion Video
Impressive slow-motion videos are easily recorded in HD quality.
Optional Accessory For Multiple Uses
You will find it useful in all kinds of outdoor situations. For example, you can mount the lens unit on goggles or a backpack strap.
The lens unit can be easily mounted to a cap or other object.
The tripod mount will hold the lens unit on screw mounting platforms, such as tripods. Ideal for fixed-point shooting.
By shielding the mic, you can get a clear sound track when shooting on a bicycle, motorbike, or in windy conditions.
The case lets you keep the camera, cable, and main unit all together (Accommodates either HX-A500 or HX-A100)
Video Camera Mount (For Handlebar)
Mounting the lens unit on your handlebars is a great way to capture cycle rides (Used together with Tripod Mount VW-CTA100, which holds the lens unit)
Neatly holds the main unit and cable. In different situations, you can wear it around the waist, across your body from the shoulder, or any way you like.
Suction Cup Mount
Helps when you want to fix the lens unit to a boat or other flat surface (Used together with Tripod Mount VW-CTA100, which holds the lens unit)
- Waterproof and Dustproof
- 4K video resolution at 30p
- Level shot image stabilizer keep videos level on the go
- Built-in LCD to see what you are recording
- Includes VW-HMA100 head mount and SFC0147 armband case
- 1/2.3" BSI MOS Sensor
- 12.76 megapixels
- 9.03 megapixels [16:9] (Shooting Mode: Normal shooting mode, Pixels / Frame rate: 1920x1080/30p, Angle of view: Wide)
- 8.34 megapixels [16:9] (Shooting Mode: Picture Recording Mode, Angle of view: Wide)
- Panasonic Lens
Angle of View
- Approx. 160 degree (Shooting Mode: Normal shooting mode, Pixels / Frame rate: 1920x1080/30p, Angle of view: Wide)
Minimum focus distance
- Approx. 50cm
- 1400 lx
- 6 lx , 1 lx (Color Night Rec.)
- Image Stabilizer, Level Shot Function
- Auto / Indoor1 / Indoor2 / Sunny / Cloudy / White set
- 1/30 - 1/12000
Media (Motion / Still Image)
- micro SD / micro SDHC
- MPEG-4 AVC file format compliant(.MP4)
- Video Recording System MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
[Normal Recording Mode]
- 3840x2160/30p (Max. 72Mbps / VBR)
- 1920x1080/60p (Max. 28Mbps / VBR)
- 1920x1080/30p (Average 15Mbps / VBR)
- 1280x720/60p (Average 15Mbps / VBR)
- 1280x720/30p (Average 9Mbps / VBR)
- 848x480/30p (Average 4.5Mbps / VBR)
[Slow Motion Mode]
- 1920x1080/60fps/30p (Average 15Mbps / VBR)
- 1280x720/120fps/30p (Average 9Mbps / VBR)
- 848x480/240fps/30p (Average 4.5Mbps / VBR)
Audio Recording System
- Dynamic type
- JPEG (DCF/Exif2.2)
Still Image Options
- [16:9] 16.3M 5376 x 3024 , 8.3M 3840 x 2160 , 5.3M 3072 x 1728
- Yes (3 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec, 30 sec, 60sec)
- 3.7V (Battery) / 5.0V (Portable Power Supply*)
- Max. 4.5W (Recording) / 5.3W (Portable Power Supply*, Charging), 2.3W (PC, Charging)
- Without SD Card [Camera]Approx. 31g(0.069lb)
- Without SD Card [Body]Approx. 128g(0.282lb)
- With SD Card [Camera,Body and Cable] Approx.185g(0.408lb)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- [Camera]Approx.f26.5 x 68.5 x - mm(1.04 x 2.70 - inch)
- [Body]Approx.59.5 x 94 x 26.7 mm(2.34 x 3.70 x 1.05 inch)
- 1.5" Wide LCD monitor (115,200 dots)
- 2.0 Hi-Speed
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n
- 2.4 GHz band
- 3.0 m / 10 ft (IPX8 compliant)
- Yes (IP5X compliant)