The CDJ-2000nexus can utilize different music sources, from a hard drive to USB thumb drive and/or SD memory card, and now for the first time, an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Android smartphone/ tablets, and a computer via Wi-Fi. Using Pioneer's rekordbox App to create playlists, cue/loop points, beat location settings, waveform analysis and more, users can temporarily transfer the content wirelessly through Wi-Fi to the CDJ-2000nexus. Users can also perform the same wireless function with a Mac/PC utilizing the rekordbox music management software.
Industry's First DJ Player with Wireless Source Capability
The CDJ-2000nexus can utilize different music sources, from a hard drive to USB thumb drive and/or SD memory card, and now for the first time, an iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, Android devices and a computer via Wi-Fi. Using Pioneer's rekordbox App to create playlists, cue/loop points, beat location settings, waveform analysis and more, users can temporarily transfer the content wirelessly through Wi-Fi to the CDJ-2000nexus. Users can also perform the same wireless function with a Mac/PC utilizing the rekordbox music management software.
rekordbox Software Functions
With the included rekordbox music management software installed on a computer, users can organize and catalog their entire music libraries. Newly added features available when rekordbox is used with the CDJ-2000nexus include music file analysis functions such as Wave Form Zoom (wave form expansion) and Key, as well as additional settings such as Active Loop and Hot Cue Auto Load.
When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares it for use specifically for the CDJ player. Key elements of Pioneer's rekordbox software:
- Data Analysis ? Wave Zoom, Key, Wave, Beat Grid, BPM, ID3 Tag and more
- Track Settings ? Active Loop, Hot Cue Auto Load, Cue, Loop
- Creation and editing of Playlists
- Saving of playback log information
Full-Color LCD Display
The CDJ-2000nexus features a large full-color WQVGA 6.1-inch (480 x 234) LCD panel for displaying song titles and album art as well as detailed track information. The Wave data of each song is also illustrated on screen and the new Wave Zoom function provides five different levels of magnification of the wave data which are color-coded according to bandwidth.
Pro DJ Link
Pioneer's Pro DJ Link feature enables up to four CDJ-2000nexus players to connect via the Link Port and share a single music source. Additional functions added to the CDJ-2000nexus that can be accessed when other players are connected using the Pro DJ Link are:
- Beat Sync ? Tempo and beat location of music currently playing on one of the device can be matched with the push of a button.
- Traffic Light ? Shows the keys of music being played by any players connected via Pro DJ Link, making key-compatible music easier to find by a different color indicator.
- Beat Count and Phase Meter ? The Beat Count, which is the number of beats until a set point (memory cue), and the Phase Meter, which shows the beat/bar of the music, can also be displayed simultaneously by other players.
Pioneer added Slip Mode and Quantize functions to the CDJ-2000nexus for added performance and reliability.
- Slip Mode ? When activated, Slip Mode silently continues song playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and continues audible playback at the exact time when the loop, reverse or scratch is ended, resulting in smoother transitions.
- Quantize ? Utilizing a Quantizing feature, cue points and loops can be set perfectly on-beat. The Quantize feature ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically, correcting and synching beats during manual looping or real-time cueing to reduce off-beat mistakes.
- My Settings ? The function settings of a player can be saved to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, USB storage device, SD memory card, or other device. For additional convenience, the settings can also be can be made ahead of time on the rekordbox App or software allowing users switch to their settings when a connection is made to the CDJ-2000nexus.
- Wolfson Processor ? To achieve excellent sound quality, the player is equipped with the audio industry's highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal with a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
- DJ software MIDI/HID control ? Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effectors and software by way of HID and/or MIDI.
- Active Loop ? Automatically starts loops when playback begins from a specified point.
- Needle Search ? the touch pad lets the DJ ?place the needle? and jump quickly to a specific part of a music track.
- Load Previous Track ? Playback of prior music that has been loaded to the player.
- Rating on the Go ? Users can rate tracks during play for easy reference or sorting.
- iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Android smartphones/ tablets, USB storage devices, SD memory cards, computers (Mac/Windows PC), Audio, CD, CD-R/RW, DVD?R/RW/R-DL
- MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF (iOS version of rekordbox enable to playback only MP3 and AAC)
File Systems Compatible with USB Storage
- FAT, FAT32, HFS+
- 4Hz - 20kHz
- 115dB or higher
Total Harmonic Distortion
- 0.0018% or less
- USB-A port x1, USB-B port x1
Audio Output Ports
- AUDIO OUT(RCA)?1, DIGITAL OUT (COAXIAL)?1
- LAN (100Base-TX)?1, CONTROL (f3.5mm mini plug) x1
Audio Output Voltage
- 2.0 Vrms
Power Supply to Use
- 120V AC(60 Hz)
- 37 W
Maximum Dimensions (W x D x H in inches)
- 12.6 x 15.97 x 4.19
- 10.36 lbs
rekordbox Music Management Software and System Requirements
Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OSX 10.7, 10.6 or 10.5.8, Windows7 Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium/ Ultimate/Business (SP2 and above), Windows XP Home Edition/Professional (SP3 and above) (Windows XP Professional x64 edition is not supported)
- Intel Core. Duo (or equivalent processor) 1.83GHz or faster
Windows Vista or Windows XP
- Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent processor) 2 GHz or faster
- 250 MB or more (Not including space needed for saving music and other files)
- CD-ROM Drive
- XGA (1024x768) or greater recommended