With the widespread popularity of the small sensor APS-c format cameras, the standard "kit" lens is often supplied at a very attractive price. Unfortunately, some of those kit lenses may be lacking in features and in image quality. In order to offer photographers an alternative to the camera manufacturers' lenses, we have introduced our own "standard zoom" lens. Sigma's 18-50mm F2.8-4.5 DC OS HSM with an almost 3 to 1 zoom range, this compact lens is great for vacations scenic, quick snap shots of the kids playing in the backyard, a day at the beach or even casual portraits. Three Aspherical glass elements offer correction for distortion, two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide optimum color correction and sharpness and Super Multi-Layer lens coating reduces flare and ghosting and assures high image quality throughout the entire zoom range. It employs Sigma's state of the art technology to assure top quality images at a value price.
- For use with smaller chip APS-c cameras only
- Offers Sigma's OS System (Optical Stabilization) allowing handheld photography even in low-light situations
- HSM (Hyper-Sonic Motor) ensures a quiet and high-speed auto focus
- Internal focus & zooming systems
- Compact and lightweight at only 14 ounces
- A lens hood and front & rear lens caps are included with the lens.
Lens Construction - 16 Elements in 12 Groups
Angle of View - 69.3 degrees - 27.9 degrees
Number of Diaphragm Blades - 7
Mininum Aperture - f22
Minimum Focusing Distance - 30 cm / 11.8 in
Filter Size (mm) - 67
Maximum Magnifications - 1:4.1
Dimensions (Diameter x Length) - 74 x 88.6 mm/ in
Weight - 395g / 13.9oz.