The shoulder mount HXR-MC2500 camcorder provides a professional look and shooting style which is ideal for weddings, corporate communications or education facilities. While light and easily portable, its full shoulder mount design means your clients immediately know you mean business.
Workflow flexibility is enhanced by the ability to record directly onto a removable memory card or a 32GB internal flash memory storage system in High Definition or Standard Definition. With this combination of the internal flash memory and memory card allows recording functions such as "Relay" and "Simultaneous". When Sony's L-Series InfoLithium battery NP-F970 (optional) is used, the HXR-MC2500 is capable of continuous long recording of up to 14 hours - perfect for those occasions where you don?t want to stop recording, such as weddings or business conferences.
It is designed to be the ideal, entry-level match for almost any type of non-linear workflow. It?s an exceptionally cost-effective production package for DVD or Blu-ray content, one that's flexible enough to express your creative ideas and meet your client's requirements.
- Wide angle 26.8mm* professional quality Sony G Lens technology provides exceptional image fidelity. (*35mm equivalent)
- 12x zoom: 2.9mm to 34.8mm provides wide angle of view.
- 1/4"-type back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor offers exceptional low-light sensitivity (1.6 lux).
- Quick AF system improves precise auto focus even in low light situations.
- Full raster 1920 x 1080i AVCHD high definition recording at up to 24Mbps.
- Built-in 32GB solid state flash drive can store up to three hours of HD video recorded in PS mode (28Mbps).
- One Media Card Slot conveniently accepts: SD/SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick Duo / Memory Stick PRO Duo / Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo media cards.
- Assignable lens ring allows precise manual control of focus, exposure, white balance, iris and shutter speed.
- 3.0"-type LCD technology brings higher contrast and brightness to the LCD display.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization and Active Mode SteadyShot mode provide tenfold camera shake reduction even on the telephoto end. In addition, Active SteadyShot corrects camera sway that occurs while walking.
AVCHD Recording Modes (1080 59.94i) Specifications
- HD-FH: 1920 x 1080/60i, 30p,24p, 1280 x 720/60p @17Mbps
- HD-FX: 1920 x 1080/60i, 30p,24p, 1280 x 720/60p @24Mbps
- HD-HQ: 1280 x 720/60p @ 9Mbps
- PS: 1920 x 1080/60P @28Mbps
Audio Recording Specifications
- Audio Recording Modes: Linear PCM 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz / Dolby Digital 2ch, 16bit, 48kHz
Exmor R Image Sensor Specifications
- Pixel Gross: Approx.6590K pixels
- Sensor: 1/3.95-type(4.6mm) back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Video Active: Approx.6140K pixels(16:9) / Approx.4600K pixels(4:3)
- Continuous Operating Time: Approx. 285 min with supplied NP-F570 battery (video light Off) / Approx. 135 min with supplied NP-F570 battery (video light On)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 10 1/2 x 9 3/8 x 18 inches (265 x 235 x 455 mm) [body] / 10 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 18 1/8 inches (265 x 240 x 460 mm) [with lens hood, lens cap, microphone, and EVF eyepiece]
- Operating Temperature: 32F to 104F (0C to 40C )
- Power Consumption: Approx. 3.3 W (with EVF On, Video light Off.) / Approx. 3.3 W (with LCD monitor On, Video light Off)
- Power Requirements: 7.2V (battery pack) / 8.4V (AC Adaptor)
- Recording Frame Rate NTSC Mode HD:
- PS(28Mbps) 1920 x 1080/60P
- FX(24Mbps) 1920 x 1080/60i, 30p,24p, 16:9, 1280 x 720/60p
- FH(17Mbps) 1920 x 1080/60i, 30p,24p, 16:9, 1280 x 720/60p
- HQ(9Mbps) 1280 x 720/60p
- Recording Frame Rate NTSC Mode SD: DV(25Mbps) 720 x 480/60i, 16:9, 4:3
- Recording/Playback Time - Internal 32GB flash memory:
- Approx. 145min (PS, LPCM)
- Approx. 170min (FX, LPCM)
- Approx. 225min (FH, LPCM)
- Approx. 380min (HQ, LPCM)
- Approx. 140min (DV, LPCM)
- Video Recording Format: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 AVCHD 2.0 format compatible / DV(AVI)
- Weight: 6lb 2.8oz (2.80kg) [body] / 6lb 13.3oz (3.10kg) [with lens hood, lens cap, microphone, EVF eyepiece, shoe cap, and NP-F570 battery]
Included Lens Specifications
- 35mm Equivalent: equivalent to f=26.8-321.6mm on 35 mm lens(16:9) / equivalent to f=32.8-393.6mm on 35 mm lens(4:3)
- Filter Diameter: M37 mm
- Focal Length: f = 2.9-34.8mm
- Focus: AF/MF selectable, 10 mm to 8 (Wide), 800 mm to 8 (Tele)
- Image Stabilizer: ON(Standard/ACTIVE)/OFF selectable, shift lens
- Iris: F1.8 - F3.4 auto/manual selectable
- Maximum Relative Aperture: F 1.8
- Optical Zoom: 12x (optical), servo/manual
Inputs and Outputs Specifications
- Digital Audio/Video Output(s): HDMI
- Remote: 2.5mm LANC jack