300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit Router TL-WR1042ND with the latest home networking technology can bring users a fantastic home or office experience in application scenarios such as streaming HD video, making internet calls, sharing large files and playing online games. Adopting advanced MIMO (Multi Input Multi Output), possessing WMM (Wi-Fi Multi Media), and featuring Gigabit Ethernet ports for lightning fast wired connections, ensure that users are free to enjoy multiple simultaneous bandwidth consuming and interruption sensitive applications. The TL-WR1042ND is specially equipped with a USB storage port on the back of the router capable of deploying storage, a media server, FTP server or print server. And the wireless On/Off button allows users easily turn on/off the router's wireless radio as they need.
Gigabit Ports - Incredible Bandwidth
With built-in Gigabit Ethernet Switch, TL-WR1042ND provides more powerful data processing abilities, which unleashes the full potential of the N-abled freedom, eliminating bottlenecks in transferring speed between megabit wired and 11n wireless connection. Meanwhile, everything they do will be faster and more efficient, thus users are sharing large files such as high definition video in minutes instead of hours.
Versatile USB port
The TL-WR1042ND's USB 2.0 configuration allows users to share data stored on USB storage or an FTP server. Users can also share music, videos and photos via the router?s built-in Media Server. What?s more, the device's built-in Print Server makes home or office printing much more flexible.
Wireless N - Extreme Speed & Range
Complies with the IEEE 802.11n standard, users can create a wireless network and get up to 18X the speed and 6X the range of conventional 11g products. The router has the speed to work smoothly with almost any bandwidth intensive application including VoIP, HD streaming, or online gaming, without the lag. Using its powerful N technologies, the router is also able to mitigate data loss over long distances and through obstacles turning your home and even your yard into one big hot - spot.
Easy to Use
1. Wireless On/Off Button
TL-WR1042ND features a Wireless On/Off button, which allows users turn on/off the wireless radio as they need.
2. Domain Login Function
Domain Login Function enables users to login to the device with an easy domain name tplinklogin.net instead of a long IP address.
3. Easy Setup
The device comes with a CD with an Easy Setup Assistant that leads you through the setup process step-by-step, and even helps with wireless network settings and security configurations, which is convenient to the users, especially for novice users.
One Button Security Setup
TL-WR1042ND features WI-FI Protected Setup (WPS) also known as QSS that allows users to almost instantly setup their security simply by pressing the "WPS" button automatically establishing a WPA2 secure connection, which is more security compared with WEP encryptions. Not only is this faster than normal security setups but more convenient in that you don?t need to remember a password!
IP QoS - Control Your Bandwidth
Within the wireless network, indiscriminate Internet surfing and bandwidth-guzzling downloads by internal users often leave home or small offices with insufficient bandwidth for crucial tasks.TL-WR1042ND supports IP QoS (Quality of Service), allowing optimum utilization of bandwidth and offering bandwidth control over congestion, preventing bandwidth abuse. In this way, users of a small network receive committed and specific bandwidth, preventing non-critical applications from degrading network performance.
- Complete Gigabit WAN/LAN ports and 300Mbps wireless speeds ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming
- Embedded USB port supports storage sharing, media server, FTP server and print server functions
- Wireless On/Off Button allows users to simply turn their wireless radio on or off
- Domain Login Function enables users to login to the device with an easy domain name tplinklogin.net instead of a long IP address.
- Supports various kinds of connection types: dynamic IP, static IP, and PPPoE
- Supports UPnP, DDNS, static routing, VPN pass-through, and data forwarding
- Features Built-in firewall, IP, MAC, and URL filtering to ensure network security
- Supports WPA/WPA2, WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK and 64/128-bit WEP encryptions
- IP based bandwidth control allows administrators to determine how much bandwidth should be allotted to each PC
- Parental Control allows parents or administrators to establish restricted access policies for children or staff