Have you just bought a widescreen HDTV compatible TV? There are a few options on how to get any or good HDTV reception. Cable-TV and Satellite might be the best but the monthly rates are over $40 each month. HDTV is also available free over broadcast airwaves. This is an indoor antenna that's designed to capture HDTV from normal TV frequencies. Provides access to no-cost HD programming. Excellent for urban environments where space is at a premium and outdoor antenna installation isn't possible. Appealing low profile compact design that performs like a larger antenna. Anyone can install HDTVlp in minutes.
With over 1,000 stations in more than 200 markets broadcasting digital television as of 2003, 9 out of 10 households can now receive free high-definition (HDTV) signals when using the right antenna in conjunction with an integrated HDTV (or with a set-top box and an HD-ready television with built-in ATSC tuner--required for direct connection). Most antennas are large and unwieldy and need to be mounted outdoors or in a cramped attic. That is not an option if you live in an apartment or condo, or if you don't want the hassle of installing an antenna yourself. The solution? A quality indoor antenna that can pick up all local HDTV channels; one that will look great next to your television, and one that is easy to install.
The HDTVlp indoor, compact, low profile amplified HDTV antenna is optimized for both UHF and VHF reception, channels 2 to 69. The HDTVlp elegantly solves the aesthetic challenge of integrating a log-periodic-type element assembly in an indoor antenna. The antenna is engineered to receive all local HDTV channels, with an operating bandwidth covering both the UHF (channels 2 to 13) and VHF (channels 14 to 69) frequency ranges. Its highly directional log periodic UHF and precision VHF elements are designed to receive HDTV broadcasts with maximum signal strength while rejecting all or most interference. The HDTVlp is as exceptional in appearance as it is in performance.
- Compact directional/bi-directional antenna platform that performs like a larger antenna
- Specifically designed to capture reflected off-air HDTV and DTV broadcasting signal that naturally bounch off buildings in urban areas.
- Integrates an ultra-low noise amplifier design with an ultra-low noise figure for quality DTV/HDTV picture.
- Receives indoor Analog and Outstanding High Definition TV Signals Up To 30 miles From The Transmission Source
- Excellent Reception for Condo / Apartment Dwellers to Receive Digital Broadcasts where line of sight to the transmission towers is blocked
- Operating Bandwidth VHF: 54-88 MHz (Channels 2-6) / VHF High Band: 174-216 MHz (Channels 7-13) / UHF: 470-806 MHz (Channels 14-69)
- Element Type Directional/bi-directional Platform with Reflector
- Dimensions: 26.7 (W) x 5 (H) x 4.25" (D)
- Weight 1.5 lb
- Warranty One Year Warranty