Premium Stackable Gigabit Ethernet Switching for Advanced Edge Applications
The 3Com Switch 5500G-EI 48-Port is a premium stackable 10/100/1000 switch with Enhanced Image (EI) software for businesses running the most demanding network applications requiring the highest "five 9s" network uptime.
48 ports operate at 10/100/1000; four of these ports are dual-purposed with four SFP-based Gigabit ports. Expansion module slot offers additional Gigabit or 10-Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
The Switch 5500G-EI supports distributed, resilient 3Com XRN? Stacking Technology with 48 Gbps stacking bandwidth (96 Gbps full duplex) and advanced Layer 3 (RIP / OSPF) routing, Layer 2-4 QoS, and rate limiting features.
This switch provides extensive security features?SNMP v3, SSH, network login?and resilient hot-swap stacking for simplified management and monitoring.
All 3Com Switch 5500 products share the same operating system as our premium modular switches and routers, including the 3Com Switch 8800 and 7700. This permits you to manage an entire distributed switching and routing infrastructure from a single CLI or SNMP management platform such as 3Com Enterprise Management Suite or 3Com Network Director.
- 44 10/100/1000 ports; 4 dual-personality 10/100/1000 or SFP Gigabit ports; 1 expansion module slot.
- Scalable stackable design with resilient stacking up to eight units high, or up to 448 Gigabit Ethernet ports (when outfitted with optional 8-port SFP-based expansion module).
- 10-Gigabit Ethernet modules available, for interconnecting core and distribution switches.
- Up to 240.0 Gbps switching capacity, 172.6 Mpps forwarding rate, maximum.
- 48 Gbps stacking bandwidth (96Gbps full duplex).
- Wirespeed performance across all ports within a stack delivers optimal throughputs and bandwidth for business-critical data and high-speed communications.
- Multi-layer operation with static routes, RIP-based Layer 3 functionality, OSPF, and PIM-DM and PIM-SM.
- 3Com XRN Stacking Technology provides for the creation of eight-unit stacks that offer chassis-like availability and resiliency over traditional aggregated-trunk configurations. The entire stack is managed as a single-IP management entity, with "masterless" sharing of critical routing information across all units for fast failure recovery.
- Load-sharing and cross-stack trunking features help eliminate dropped packets, clear up traffic bottlenecks, and improve server availability.
- Integrated distributed security enforcement.
- Advanced, time-based Access Control Lists (ACLs) help safeguard key network resources from unauthorized access and data corruption.
- User-based authentication and DES 56-bit or 168-bit encryption help secure Layer 3 protocols and management controls.
- Upgradeable to Power over Ethernet (PoE) capabilities with a field replaceable PoE-enabled power supply.
- For flexible fiber connectivity, this switch supports up to two dual-mode Fast Ethernet SFPs? 100BASE-FX and 100BASE-LX10? in the last two combo SFP ports of the switch; up to eight of these dual-mode SFPs are supported in the Switch 5500G 8-Port SFP module
- Shared 3Com Operating System consolidates administrative control over the entire switching infrastructure?contributing to a more unified network environment and providing unparalleled edge-to-core visibility and control.
- Built-in support for AC- and DC-powered operations enables you to leverage existing power schemes and cost-effectively extend power to the edge of the network.
- Available DC Redundant Power Supply (RPS), designed by Eaton Powerware Corporation, a leading provider of integrated power systems.
- Ports: 48 auto-negotiating 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports, 4 of which are dual-personality operating as 10/100/1000 or Gigabit SFP; RPS power port (-48 VDC); RJ-45 console port; 2 dedicated stacking ports; 1 optional module slot
- Last two combo SFP ports support up to two dual-mode Fast Ethernet SFPs
- Performance: 240.0 Gbps switching capacity, 172.6 Mpps forwarding rate, maximum (with 2-port 10-Gigabit module); 142.9 Mpps forwarding rate, maximum (with no optional modules)
- Convergence: Weighted Round Robin/Fair/Strict Priority Queuing, IEEE 802.1p Class of Service/Quality of Service (CoS/QoS), IPv6 classification, prioritization and filtering, ingress/egress rate limiting, webcache-based bandwidth management
- Stacking: Up to 8 switch units, 448 Gigabit ports, with 16 10-Gigabit ports; 3Com XRN? Stacking linked in active/active load-sharing configuration via built-in dedicated 48 Gbps stacking ports (96 Gbps full duplex)
- Layer 2: IEEE 802.Q VLANs, 802.3ad LACP, 802.3x full-duplex flow control, 802.1D STP, 802.1w RSTP, Fast Start with BDPU protection, IGMP v1/v2 multicast filtering
- Layer 3: Hardware-based routing, ECMP, ARP, virtual interfaces, static/dynamic routing, RIPv1/v2, OSPF, ASIC Layer 3 forwarding, PIM-DM, PIM-SM, IGMP v1/v2 snooping, DHCP Relay
- Resiliency: IEEE 802.3ad LACP, hot-swappable switch units, DC RPS provides N+1 power redundancy, seamless failover between AC and DC modes
- Security: RADIUS; PAP/CHAP/EAPoL (EAP over LAN) authentication; session accounting; SSH; Access Control Lists; packet filtering; SNMP v3 encryption, IEEE 802.1X Network Login; authentication, VLAN autoinitiation and QoS profiling; multilevel access privileges; administrative password recovery; management activity logs
- Operating system: 3Com Operating System; shared with 3Com Switch 8800, 7700 and Router 6000
- 3Com management: 3Com Network Supervisor, 3Com Network Director, 3Com Enterprise Management Suite
- Other management: Web-based GUI, SNMP v1/2/3, telnet, CLI, SSH, RMON-1 (statistics, history, alarms, events), multiple software images, bank swap, statistics gathering and reporting, remote polling/ping (unicast mode only), software backup/restore, Xmodem, FTP, TFTP, telnet, IP address allocation via manual/DHCP/BOOTP
- Network debugging tools: DHCP tracker, UDP helper, traceroute, 1-1 traffic mirroring (standalone unit only)
- Built-In power supply: 50/60 Hz AC; 90-240 VAC input; supports multiple power modes: AC-only, AC and DC, DC-only
- DC Redundant Power Supply (RPS): Available standards-based DC RPS designed by Eaton Powerware Corporation, leading provider of
- IEEE standards: IEEE 802.1D (STP), 802.1p (CoS), 802.1Q (VLANs), 802.1w (RSTP), 802.1X (Security), 802.3 (Ethernet), 802.3ad (Link Aggregation), 802.3ab (1000BASE-T), 802.3ae (10G Ethernet), 802.3i (10BASE-T), 802.3u (Fast Ethernet), 802.3x (Flow Control), 802.3z (Gigabit Ethernet)
- Standard: EN 60068 (IEC 68)
- Emissions: CISPR 22 Class A, FCC Part 15 Class A, EN 55022 1998 Class A, ICES-003 Class A, VCCI Class A, EN 61000-3-2 2000, 61000-3-3
- Immunity: EN 55024
- Safety agency certifications: UL 60950, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950
- Dimensions: Height: 43.6 mm (1.7 in or 1U); width: 440 mm (17.3 in), 450 mm (17.7 in)