High-Performance, Secure Voice-Ready Gigabit Power over Ethernet Connectivity
The 3Com Switch 4500G is a stackable 10/100/1000 Ethernet switch that provides secure, flexible LAN connectivity and advanced voice-optimized features such as auto-voice VLAN and QoS. Optional 10-Gigabit uplinks via local connection modules or XFP transceivers supply highest-speed connections to other similarly-equipped devices.
The Switch 4500G offers Layer 2 switching and dynamic Layer 3 IPv4/IPv6 routing, as well as robust security, Quality of Service (QoS) and management features to deliver intelligent edge connectivity for essential business applications. This switch offers stackable scalability with single IP address management. This makes the Switch 4500G ideal for medium businesses and small enterprises seeking to build a secure converged network.
This switch comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Also provided is Advance Hardware Replacement, with next business day shipment available in most regions.
Power over Ethernet
Power over Ethernet (PoE) provides electrical power and data connectivity over a single Ethernet cable?resulting in significant cost savings when deploying devices like IP phones, wireless access points and IP security cameras.
Enterprise-class security features include IEEE 802.1X network login, SSH/SSL encrypted device login, Access Control Lists and RADIUS Authenticated Device Access (RADA), protecting mission-critical business applications.
Minimize the cost and complexity associated with adding or moving IP telephones: the Switch 4500 detects the presence of IP phones and dynamically assigns switch ports to the voice VLAN, enabling automated configuration and prioritization of Voice over IP (VoIP) traffic.
- Advanced access and distribution for medium businesses and small enterprises seeking to build a secure converged network
- 48 auto-negotiating 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports supporting IEEE 802.3af in-line PoE; 4 of these ports are dual-personality 10/100/1000 or SFP Gigabit ports
- Wirespeed non-blocking performance: aggregate switching capacity of up to 176 Gbps
- Layer 2 switching; dynamic Layer 3 routing increases performance and enhances network security
- Supports robust IPv6 to future-proof the network, with IPv6 RIPng routing, dual stack IPv4/IPv6, IPv6 ACLs, and IPv6 management including telnet6, TraceRoute, Ping, and SNMP
- Use clustered stacking for up to 32 devices (Switch 4200G, 4500G 5500 and 5500G switches)
- Add switches to the cluster when needed? without increasing management difficulty and expense? and manage all as a single entity
- IEEE 802.1X network access control offers standards-based security combined with RADIUS authentication; TACACS+ also supported
- RADIUS Authenticated Device Access (RADA) provides authentication of attached devices via MAC address for an additional level of endpoint security
- Automatic assignment of VoIP traffic to dedicated VLANs helps ensure that critical time-sensitive traffic gets the priority needed for quality communications
- Power over Ethernet delivers electrical power and data connectivity over a single Ethernet cable
- Up to four 10-Gigabit ports per switch using two rear slots and dual-port 10-Gigabit modules; economical CX4 for short-distance stack connections, or XFP for longer 10-Gigabit distances
- Supports dual-mode Fast Ethernet SFPs? 100BASE-FX and 100BASE-LX10? for flexible fiber connectivity
48 auto-negotiating 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T ports, 4 of which are dual-personality 10/100/1000 or SFP Gigabit ports
- 2 rear slots for dual-port 10-Gigabit modules, XFP-based or CX4 local connection
- IEEE 802.3af in-line power on all 10/100/1000 ports
- Performance: 176.0 Gbps switching capacity, with 131.0 Mpps forwarding rate (maximum)
- Layer 2 switching: full-rate nonblocking on all ports, full-/half-duplex autonegotiation, flow control, multicast filtering, IEEE 802.1Q VLAN support, IEEE 802.1p traffic prioritization, IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol, IGMP snooping; more
- Layer 3 switching: hardware-based, dynamic routing; more
- IPv6 support: IPv6 RIPng routing, dual stack IPv4/IPv6, IPv6 ACLs, and IPv6 management including telnet6, TraceRoute, Ping, and SNMP
- Security: IEEE 802.1X network login, local and RADIUS server authentication, automatic VLAN assignment via RADIUS server, Access Control Lists (ACLs); more
- Power over Ethernet: IEEE 802.3af PoE injection into Category 5 or 5e LAN wiring
- 3Com management: 3Com Network Supervisor, 3Com Network Director, 3Com Enterprise Management Suite
- Other management: CLI via console or Telnet, embedded web management interface, SNMP management
- Height: 4.36 cm (1.7 in)
- Width: 44 cm (17.3 in)
- Depth: 42.0 cm (16.5 in