The D 5 dynamic vocal microphone for lead and backing vocals delivers a powerful sound even on the noisiest stage. Its supercardioid polar pattern ensures maximum gain before feedback. The D 5 stands for a crisp sound that cuts through every mix.
AKG made the first microphone diaphragm ever whose thickness varies across its diameter. The new Laminated Varimotion diaphragm deep-drawing process allows the diaphragm itself to be fine-tuned with no extra tuning resonators, leading to a quantum leap in audio performance.
The dual shock mount eliminates any kind of mechanical noise for trouble-free live use. The audience will hear nothing but the pristine sound of your voice!
- Polar pattern supercardioid
- Frequency range 70 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity 2.6 mV/Pa (-52 dBV)
- Max. SPL 147/156 dB SPL (for 1% / 3% THD)
- Equivalent noise level 18 dB-A
- Impedance <= 600 ohms
- Recommended load impedance >= 2000 ohms
- Connector 3-pin XLR
- Finish matte grayish blue
- Dimensions length: 185.2 mm (7.3 in.); diameter: 51 mm (2 in.)
- Net weight 340 g (12 oz.)
- Shipping weight 655 g (1.45 lbs.)
- Patent(s) Varimotion - multiple-thickness diaphragm for dynamic transducer (Patent no. AT 403.751, US 6,185,809, EP 814.637 (DE, DK, FI, FR, GB, IT, NL), JP 3.927.651)