The Tough TG-4 is rugged enough to go anywhere, but its powerful imaging technology makes this camera the most versatile yet. Sophisticated features like RAW capture, nighttime Live Composite, and the super-bright F2.0 wide-angle zoom lens create amazing images no matter how challenging the environment, while built-in Wi-Fi, fast GPS, and the multifunction e.Compass help you to find, shoot, and share your adventures like never before.
TG-4 At a Glance
- 16 Megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor with RAW Capture
- High-Speed F2.0 Wide-Angle Lens
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Wi-Fi for Remote Shooting & Wireless Sharing
- Enhanced GPS & e.Compass
- Waterproof to Depths of 50ft/15m
- Crushproof to 220lbf/100kgf
- Shockproof to 7ft/2.1m
- Freezeproof to 14 degrees F/-10 degrees C
Whether you snorkel or surf, ride or ski, bike or hike, or love to shoot outdoors, the TG-4 is up to the challenge. It?s waterproof to depths of 50ft/15m, and its rugged inner and outer chassis construction protects the lens assembly from force (crushproof to 220lbf/100kgf) and impact (shockproof to 7ft/2.1m). Plus, the TG-4 is freezeproof to 14 degrees F/-10 degrees C and dustproof, so there?s never a reason to leave it at home.
- Waterproof: To depths of 50ft/15m
- Crushproof: Up to 220lbf/100kgf
- Shockproof: Up to 7ft/2.1m
- Freezeproof: Down to 14 degrees F/-10 degrees C
- Dustproof: Yes
TG-4 captures lifelike images with an unmatched combination of features. For the first time in a rugged compact camera, you can shoot in RAW for the highest possible resolution and maximum creative control. With Olympus? advanced 16 Megapixel BSI CMOS Sensor and the TruePic VII Image Processor, you will capture the smallest details and the brightest colors of every exciting moment.
- Image Sensor: 16 Megapixel - BSI CMOS 1/2.3"
- Image Processor: TruePic VII
- Still Image File Format: RAW; JPEG: 16M(4:3/3:2/16:9/1:1), 8M(4:3/3:2/16:9/1:1), 3M(4:3/3:2/16:9/1:1), VGA(4:3/3:2/16:9/1:1)
- Continuous Shooting: 5fps / 100 images (16M); 15fps / 100 images (3M); 60fps / 100 images (3M)
- Zoom: 4x Optical Zoom + 2x Super Resolution Zoom + 4x Digital Zoom
Fast and Bright
Always be ready to shoot. TG-4's high-speed F2.0 wide-angle lens captures light fast, and the lightning-quick FAST AF technology keeps the focus sharp. Nail blur-free shots as quick as the action happens, and shoot crisp, detailed images with minimal noise in low light. Plus, the Aperture Priority Mode expands your focus range and shooting control for amazing results.
- Lens Aperture Range: Wide: f2.0, f2.8, f8.0 / Tele: f4.9, f6.3, f18.0
- Focal Length: 4.5 - 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 25 - 100mm)
- Focus Range: Wide/Tele: 3.9in/10cm to infinity / Super Macro Mode: 0.4in/1cm to infinity, focal length 30 - 100mm (equivalent)
- Focus Mode: Face Detection AF / Spot AF / Area AF / AF Tracking / AF Lock
- Selectable AF Area: Yes
- AF Illuminator: Built-in AF Illuminator
- Image Stabilization: Sensor-shift
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / AUTO / HIGH
- White Balance: Auto, One-touch, Cloudy, Sunny, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Underwater
- Shutter Speed: 1/2 - 1/2000 (Night Scene: Longest 4 sec)
- Flash Modes: Auto / Red Eye Reduction / Fill-in / Off / LED
Advanced Shooting Modes
Up close. In the water. Under the stars. Advanced Shooting Modes are readily at your fingertips via the Mode Dial. Powerful Macro Modes shoot close, like the Microscope Control mode that provides 44.5x magnification from 1 centimeter away. Underwater Modes shoot crystal clear, including the Underwater HDR mode that uses composite technology to enhance light and shadow. Nighttime Live Composite mode automatically combines multiple images into a single photograph for stunning night scenes and star trails.
- Mode Dial: Intelligent Auto (iAUTO), Program Auto (P), Aperture Priority (A), Scene Modes (SCN), Microscope, Underwater, Custom Mode 1 (C1), Custom Mode 2 (C2)
- Microscope Modes: Microscope, Focus Stacking, Focus Bracketing, Microscope Control
- Scene Modes: Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Interval Shooting, Live Composite, Hand-Held Starlight, Night Scene, Night + Portrait, Sport, Indoor, Self Portrait, Sunset, Fireworks, Cuisine, Documents, Beach & Snow, Snow, Panorama, Backlight HDR
- Art Filters: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Dramatic Tone, Fish Eye, Sparkle, Reflection, Fragmented
- Picture Modes: Vivid, Natural, Muted
- Self-Timer: 2 sec, 12 sec, Custom Self-Timer (1-30 sec start timer, 1-10 pictures, 1-3 sec interval)
- Panorama: Allows you to intuitively pan the camera across the scene
- Still Image Edit: Resize, Crop, Red Eye Fix, Shadow Adjustment
Outdoor photography is all about action! TG-4 is equipped with multiple options for capturing epic snowboard runs and mountain bike races, including Full HD 1080p video, High-Speed Movie (for slow-motion playback), Interval Shooting with customized start time, shot count, and interval settings, and Time Lapse Movie, which automatically combines your interval shots into a short film.
- Video Mode: 1080p, 720p, VGA, Time-Lapse Movie (720p), High-Speed 120fps (640x480), High-Speed 240fps (320x240) *When shooting 1080p / 720p movies, use SDHC class6 (speed class) / SDXC class6 or higher for best results
- Video File Format: MOV/H.264, AVI/Motion JPEG (High-Speed Movie, Time Lapse Movie)
- Interval Shooting: 1 sec - 24 hrs interval, Max 99 frames, 1 sec - 24 hrs start timer
- Time Lapse Movie: Interval Shooting images may be automatically compiled into a movie lasting up to 10 sec (movie is 720p at 10 fps)
- Audio Recording: Linear PCM
Shoot Anywhere. Share Everywhere.
Find your adventure and find your way back! Next-gen GPS with Landmark Recognition pinpoints your location in under 10 seconds, while the e.Compass tracks barometric pressure, altitude, and water depth as it points the way home. With built-in Wi-Fi and the OI.Share app, compose your image, control camera settings, and shoot remotely from your smart device, then wirelessly upload and share your shots. Plus, use the OI.Track app to transfer GPS logs and shooting data to your smartphone.
- The built-in Wireless LAN and free Olympus Image Share app enable you to: Easily share files with iOS and Android mobile devices, Geotag photos with GPS location information from iOS and Android mobile devices, Remotely compose the shot, adjust camera settings, and trip the shutter, all from an iOS or Android mobile device, Apply custom signatures, Art Filters, and stamps
- Enhanced GPS: Accurate positioning within 10 seconds via multiple satellite systems; location and landmark information may be viewed and geotagged to photos.
- e.Compass: Information includes latitude and longitude, atmospheric and water pressure, altitude and water depth, and date and time.
- Monitor Size (Aspect Ratio): 3.0" (3:2)
- Monitor Resolution and Type: 460K Dots LCD
- Monitor Brightness Adjustment: +/-2 steps
- Removable Media Card: SD / SDHC / SDXC
- Internal Memory: 55MB
- Outer Connectors: Multi-terminal (USB Connector, DC Jack, Audio/Video Output), HDMI Type D
- Auto-Connect USB: USB 2.0 High-Speed (USB Mass Storage)
- PictBridge: Yes
- PictBridge Easy Print: Yes
- Language: English, French, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, European Portuguese, German, Italian, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovak, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Korean, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Thai, Arabic, Bulgarian, Romanian, Persian, Indonesian, Hebrew, Malay, Vietnamese, Japanese
- Battery: Lithium-Ion Rechargeable Battery (LI-92B)
- Battery Life (CIPA DC-002): 380 shots; 120 minutes continuous video shooting
- OS Support: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Mac OS X v10.5-10.10
- Dimension: 4.4" W x 2.6" H x 1.2" D (111.5mm W x 65.9mm H x 31.2mm D)
- Weight: 8.7oz (247g)