A musical dream come true, the fourth-generation iPod offers huge capacity, letting you easily slip up to 10,000(1) songs into your pocket. And enjoy it wherever you go. In the car. On the treadmill. At the office. Around the house.
A Click in the Right Direction
Though ease of use has always been the hallmark of iPod, we believe in constantly moving perfection forward. So iPod now incorporates the same touch-sensitive Apple Click Wheel that debuted on iPod mini. Without lifting that trusty thumb of yours from the wheel, you can easily select playlists, scroll through thousands of songs, and start the music playing. Want that song to play from the beginning again? A single click will do the trick.
Do the iPod Shuffle
You can put the Apple Click Wheel to use the next time you want to set your music to shuffle. Right there on the main menu ? where it?s very easy to find ? you?ll find a new option ? Shuffle Songs. Everyone?s favorite option for mixing things up, Shuffle Songs randomly plays songs in a selected playlist or your entire music collection. You?ll never guess what?s coming up next, so you?re always surprised by startling juxtapositions ? like a melodic Coldplay song setting up an aria by Caball?.
Play Your Music for Hours?and Hours
And you can shuffle your way through a lot of songs now that iPod lets you play your music for up to 12 hours on a single battery charge.(2) Imagine: you could fly from New York to Paris and still have hours of listening time left over as you stroll the Champs Elys?e. While you?re on the move, iPod keeps you aware of its charge level, and when it?s time, iPod?s quick to recharge. Plug it into your computer or a handy wall socket (via the included power adapter), and you can fast-charge iPod in as little as 2 hours.
-40GB hard drive holds approximately:
- 1,333 hours of music at 64 kbps
- 666 hours at 128 kbps
- plays MP3, WAV, AAC, AIFF (uncompressed), Apple Lossless, and Audible files - functions as an external hard drive for backup of computer files
- backlit LCD displays track info
- 25-minute skip protection
- repeat, resume, and random play
- 22 EQ/ sound quality settings
- sleep and wake timers
- notes reader
- 4 games
- appointment calendar and contacts list
- up to 12 hours playback with included lithium ion rechargeable battery
- 2-7/16"W x 4-1/8"H x 3/4"D
- weight: 6.2 oz. (includes built-in battery)
- warranty: 1 year- All Returns go to Apple