New processors and graphics. Pull out all the stops.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro features the new 2.3GHz and 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processors with 6MB of shared L3 cache and Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.6GHz. And you can configure it to be even faster. Choose the 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 8MB of cache and Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.7GHz. And go for the new 512GB third-generation SATA solid-state drive, which is up to 4x faster than a traditional hard drive. To increase storage, upgrade to a 1TB hard drive.
The 13-inch model also speeds things up with either the 2.5GHz Intel Core i5 or the 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 - the fastest mobile dual-core processor available. With Turbo Boost speeds up to 3.6GHz, these processors bring more power to everything you do.
The very latest graphics.
The new integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 processor boosts performance by up to 60 percent. That extra power gives you a smoother, more fluid experience than before. It's still highly efficient, too, so you get long battery life when you're out and about.
For graphics-intensive applications, the 15-inch MacBook Pro automatically switches to the new NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M discrete processor with up to 1GB of video memory. It's also up to 60 percent faster than the previous generation,2 so you see more frames per second in 3D games and get greater speed and responsiveness for your HD video projects.
The fastest, most versatile I/O in a notebook.
Imagine accessing multiple streams of uncompressed HD video - from your MacBook Pro - at speeds that let you edit an HD feature film in real time. Thunderbolt technology allows you to connect the high-performance peripherals that make it possible. Ultrafast and ultraflexible, the Thunderbolt pipeline is up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and offers unprecedented expansion capabilities.
FaceTime HD camera. Say "hi" in high def.
Get more of your friends in on the fun with crisp, widescreen HD video. The picture is so clear, it will look and feel almost like you're in the same room. You can make 720p HD calls from your MacBook Pro to any Mac with a FaceTime HD camera. You can also make video calls to iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch, and other Intel-based Mac computers.
Be more hands-on.
The Multi-Touch trackpad is the most natural way to interact with what's on your screen, and the smooth glass surface gives you plenty of room for gestures. Pinch to zoom in and out, swipe to flip through photos, rotate to adjust an image, and much more. The buttonless design lets you click anywhere. And if you're coming from a right-click world, you can right-click with two fingers or configure a right-click area on the trackpad. The more you use the Multi-Touch trackpad, the more you'll wonder how you ever did without it.
A long-lasting battery. Charge less. Do more.
MacBook Pro delivers amazing battery life. And that's with more powerful processors and faster graphics than ever. An energy-efficient processor architecture with an integrated video encoder, along with automatic graphics switching in the 15-inch model, helps improve battery life. So you can get up to 7 hours on a single charge.
It's very well connected.
MacBook Pro automatically finds available networks and allows you to join them with a click. And the latest three-stream 802.11n wireless technology gives you the best possible performance at the greatest range.5 Bluetooth wireless technology is also built in, so you can use your favorite wireless accessories right out of the box.
Ports with possibility.
With the Thunderbolt port, you can daisy-chain as many as six devices - including an Apple Thunderbolt Display and Mini DisplayPort peripherals - to create a full-fledged workstation. And with support for video and eight-channel audio, it's easy to connect HDMI-compatible devices - like your TV and home stereo - using an HDMI adapter (sold separately). Current VGA, DVI, and DisplayPort adapters are also supported.
Two new USB 3 ports let you access a pipeline that's up to 10 times faster than USB 2. And your USB 2 devices can still plug right in. If you have devices that use FireWire 800, there's a port for that, too. And an SDXC card slot that supports up to 64GB cards makes it a snap to transfer all those photos to and from your MacBook Pro, so you can edit and share them on the spot.
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy or optional antiglare widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- 1440 by 900 (native), 1280 by 800, 1152 by 720, 1024 by 640, and 800 by 500 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768, 800 by 600, and 640 by 480 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio stretched; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio; 720 by 480 pixels at 3:2 aspect ratio stretched
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 6MB L3 cache
- 4GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
- 500GB 5400-rpm hard drive
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
- Width: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
- Depth: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
- Weight: 5.6 pounds (2.56 kg)
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 512MB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- SDXC card slot
- Kensington lock slot
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers with subwoofer
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Audio line in (digital/analog)
- Audio line out (digital/analog)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Battery and Power
- Up to 7 hours wireless web
- Built-in 77.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system; MagSafe power port
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50? to 95? F (10? to 35? C)
- Storage temperature: ?13? to 113? F (?24? to 45? C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
- OS X Lion: Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime, and more.
- iLife: Includes iPhoto, iMovie, and GarageBand.
Limited Warranty and Service
- Your MacBook Pro comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to extend your service and support to three years from your computer's purchase date. Only the AppleCare Protection Plan provides you with direct telephone support from Apple technical experts and the assurance that repairs will be handled by Apple-authorized technicians using genuine Apple parts.