Make the most of your day. From startup to sundown.
Fourth-generation Intel Core processors in MacBook Air give you more time to do more things. Add that to an array of other smart and efficient features, and you have an incredible amount of power in your hands. While carrying next to nothing.
Up to 12 hours of battery life. Power through your whole day.
Thanks to compact all-flash storage in MacBook Air, there's plenty of room for a big battery. Working together with the power-efficient fourth-generation Intel Core architecture, this battery can post some impressive numbers. The 11-inch model gets up to 9 hours of battery life on a single charge. That gives you all-day power for surfing the web or watching iTunes movies. Put MacBook Air to sleep for more than 3 hours, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days. And if you enable Power Nap, you'll continue to receive new email and calendar invitations while your computer is asleep.
Fourth-generation Intel Core processors. Performance, meet endurance.
MacBook Air is powered by fourth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors. This ultra-efficient architecture was designed to use less power and still deliver high performance. Which means not only can you do whatever you want - you can keep doing it for longer than before. In addition, the Intel HD Graphics 5000 processor offers advanced performance you'll especially notice with games and other graphics-intensive tasks.
Up to 3x faster Wi-Fi. 802.11ac. The de?nition of fast.
MacBook Air supports ultrafast 802.11ac Wi-Fi. When connected to an 802.11ac base station - including AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule - wireless performance is up to 3x faster than with the previous generation of Wi-Fi or MacBook Air with 802.11n Wi-Fi. And your Wi-Fi range improves as well. With Bluetooth technology, you can connect MacBook Air to Bluetooth-enabled devices like speakers and headphones. Even without all the wires, you're totally connected.
Fast all-?ash storage. Ready. Set. Done.
Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it's designed entirely around flash storage. Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data. Available in capacities up to 512GB, this PCIe-based flash storage is up to 9x faster than a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive. So when you flip open MacBook Air, it's ready to go right away. Even after a month in standby mode, the screen springs to life.
Thunderbolt and USB 3. Make some powerful connections.
With the lightning-fast Thunderbolt port, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that's not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3 devices and all your USB 2 devices as well. With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultraportable notebook to a complete workstation.
LED-backlit display. Millions of pixels. Millimeters thin.
Corner to corner and pixel by pixel, the MacBook Air display is both an engineering feat and a design breakthrough. The display measures a mere 4.86 millimeters (0.19 inch) thin, yet its resolution makes you feel like you're looking at a larger screen. The 11-inch MacBook Air features a resolution of 1366 by 768 pixels. And LED backlighting makes colors bright and vibrant from edge to edge. So whether you're editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or watching a movie, you're going to love what you see.
720p FaceTime HD camera. Stay sharp.
Let your friends and family see more of you with the 720p FaceTime HD camera. Every smile looks bright, even halfway around the world. And the widescreen format means everyone can fit into the picture without having to crowd around the display.
Dual mics. They'll hear you loud and clear.
The dual microphones in MacBook Air are great for when you want to be heard. If you're making a FaceTime call, for example, the mics reduce background noise from behind the notebook. And when you use Dictation, they create an adaptive audio beam that intelligently adjusts to detect your voice - instead of the noise around you.
Multi-Touch trackpad. It goes hand in hand with OS X.
The Multi-Touch gestures in OS X make everything you do on MacBook Air more intuitive, direct, and fun. And the spacious Multi-Touch trackpad is perfectly designed for them, whether it's a three-finger swipe to activate Mission Control or a four-finger pinch to see all your apps in Launchpad. Gesture responses are smooth and realistic. So when you're scrolling up and down a web page or swiping from one full-screen app to another, it's almost like you're touching what you're seeing.
Backlit keyboard. What you see is what you type.
As incredibly compact as MacBook Air is, it still manages to fit a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light. A built-in ambient light sensor detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the display and keyboard brightness automatically. From a seat in a sunny caf? to a seat on a cross-country red-eye, you'll always have the perfect lighting for any environment.
iCloud. Your content. On all your devices.
iCloud stores your content and lets you access your music, photos, calendars, contacts, documents, and more from whatever device you're on. So if you take a picture with your iPhone or make changes to your meeting schedule on your iPad, iCloud makes sure everything appears on your Mac, too. And it works both ways - create a to-do list on your Mac and you can make edits to it on your iPhone.
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- Supported resolutions: 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, and 1280 by 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720 and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
- 128GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache
- Configurable to 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 (Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz) with 4MB shared L3 cache
- OS X Mavericks: Easy to use, incredibly powerful, and packed with features you'll love, OS X Mavericks is the world's most advanced desktop operating system
- OS X Mavericks Includes: AirDrop, AirPlay, Dictation, Gatekeeper, Notification Center, Facebook Integration, Twitter Integration, Multiple Display Support, Finder Tabs and Tags, iCloud, iCloud Keychain, Dashboard, Mission Control, Spotlight Search, Safari Power Saver, App Nap, Power Nap, Compressed Memory, Built-in Sharing
- Photo, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Maps, iBooks, Safari, Mail, FaceTime, Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders. Time Machine, Photo Booth, iTunes, Game Center, Preview, Notes, Mac App Store
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- Configurable to 8GB.
Battery and Power
- Up to 9 hours wireless web
- Up to 9 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 38-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Size and Weight
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)3
Graphics and Video Support
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors
Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
Connections and Expansion
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad
- Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50? to 95? F (10? to 35? C)
- Storage temperature: -13? to 113? F (-25? to 45? C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
Limited Warranty and Service
- Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty.