- 11.6" Inch LED-Backlit Glossy Widescreen Display
- 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage (1)
With the 11-inch MacBook Air, you'll get up to 9 hours of battery life while surfing the web and up to 10 hours while watching iTunes movies.
Fifth-generation Intel Core processors and graphics
Even demanding computing tasks are made easier thanks to new fifth-generation Intel Core processors and Intel HD Graphics 6000. Whether you're editing photos, perfecting a presentation, or just browsing the web, everything moves fast.
Fast all-flash storage
Combined with the Intel Core processors, PCIe-based flash storage allows MacBook Air to start up quickly, and makes everything you do snappier and more responsive.
Powerful apps for creativity and productivity
Right out of the box, you can edit photos and videos, compose music, create presentations, and more. Built-in apps also let you do everyday things like check your email, make FaceTime video calls, and browse the web.
MacBook Air features the latest in Thunderbolt technology - Thunderbolt 2 - which lets you connect multiple high-performance devices with data transfer rates up to 20 Gbps.
OS X Yosemite
Engineered to take full advantage of your Mac hardware, OS X Yosemite is intuitive and easy to use. It features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in amazing ways.
11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Supported resolutions: 1366 by 768 (native), 1344 by 756, and 1280 by 720 pixels at 16:9 aspect ratio; 1152 by 720 and 1024 by 640 pixels at 16:10 aspect ratio; 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600 pixels at 4:3 aspect ratio
- 256GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 4GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 onboard memory
Battery & Power:
- Up to 9 hours wireless web
- Up to 10 hours iTunes movie playback
- Up to 30 days standby time
- Built-in 38-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter with cable management; MagSafe 2 power port
Size & Weight:
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)3
Graphics & Video Support:
Intel HD Graphics 6000
Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 3840 by 2160 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors.
Thunderbolt digital video output
- Native Mini DisplayPort output
- DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
- Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
- HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)
Connections and Expansion:
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers
- Dual microphones
- Headphone port
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with remote and microphone
Keyboard and Trackpad:
Full-size backlit keyboard with 78 (U.S.) including 12 function keys and 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) with ambient light sensor
Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control; supports inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
Electrical and Operating Requirements:
- Line voltage: 100-240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
- Operating temperature: 50 degrees to 95 degrees F (10 degrees to 35 degrees C)
- Storage temperature: -13 degrees to 113 degrees F (-25 degrees to 45 degrees C)
- Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
- Maximum storage altitude: 15,000 feet
- Maximum shipping altitude: 35,000 feet
OS X Yosemite
Engineered to take full advantage of your Mac hardware, OS X Yosemite is intuitive and easy to use. It features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac and iOS devices to work together in amazing ways. Learn more
OS X Yosemite Includes:
- Notification Center
- Facebook Integration
- Twitter Integration
- Multiple Display Support
- Finder Tabs and Tags
- iCloud Keychain
- iCloud Drive
- Family Sharing
- Mission Control
- Spotlight Search
- Safari Power Saver
- App Nap
- Power Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Built-in Sharing
- Time Machine
- Photo Booth
- Game Center
- Mac App Store
Your MacBook Air comes with 90 days of free telephone support and a one-year limited warranty.
What's in the box
- MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
MacBook Air and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact.
MacBook Air is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- PVC-free (5)
- Highly recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Meets ENERGY STAR 6.1 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold6
(1) 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
(2) Testing conducted by Apple in February 2015 using preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5?based 13-inch MacBook Air units and preproduction 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5?based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The HD movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration.
(3)Weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
(4)Pages, Numbers, and Keynote are free on the Mac App Store for qualifying Mac computers purchased on or after October 1, 2013. OS X Yosemite required. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
(5) PVC-free AC power cord available in all regions except India and South Korea.
(6) MacBook Air achieved a Gold rating from EPEAT in the U.S. and Canada.