The MG279Q gaming display is built for victory in the professional gaming arena; and features a WQHD panel with a 144Hz refresh rate and wide viewing angles. Its ergonomic design; together with Flicker-Free and Ultra Low Blue Light technology; ensure you stay comfortable during those marathon gaming sessions.
A 27-inch WQHD display for highly detailed visuals and more onscreen space
The MG279Q represents a new generation of displays; with a WQHD 2560 x 1440 panel with a pixel density of 109 pixels per inch. You get to enjoy greater image detail and up to 77% more onscreen desktop space than standard Full HD (1920 x 1080) displays. These little details add up to give you a major in-game advantage.
In-plane switching technology for consistent; accurate color
The in-plane switching technology display found in the MG279Q gives you superior images; 100% sRGB color gamut; an astounding 100;000;000:1 contrast ratio; and wide 178-degree viewing angles for minimal distortion and color shift so you can share what you see onscreen with those around you.
Exclusive ASUS Trace Free technology gives the IPS technology panels used in the MG279Q a 4ms response time for smooth visuals without streaks or ghosting; even with today's fast-paced games.
Incredible 144Hz refresh rate
With an astonishing 144Hz refresh rate; fast moving visuals pose no problem for the MG279Q; so you can say goodbye to motion blur and gain the upper hand in first person shooters; racers; real-time strategy and sports titles. MG279Q features AMD FreeSync technology-it eliminates screen tearing and choppy frame rates to give you seamless visuals and smooth gameplay.
ASUS-exclusive GamePlus technology
The MG279Q features the ASUS GamePlus hotkey with crosshair overlay and timer functions. Select from four different crosshairs to suit your gaming environment; and keep track of spawn and build times with the on-screen timer that can be positioned anywhere along the left edge of the display.
ASUS-exclusive GameVisual technology
ASUS GameVisual Technology gives you six pre-set display modes tailored to suit different types of scenarios. This unique feature can be easily accessed through a hotkey or the On Screen Display (OSD) settings menu.
Advanced connectivity and smart cable management
The MG279Q has mini DisplayPort 1.2 for native WQHD output; along with two HDMI/MHL ports and dual USB 3.0 ports for convenient pass-through connectivity. A cable management design feature found on the back of the monitor allows you to organize and hide your cables to keep your gaming area tidy.
ASUS Ultra Low Blue Light
The MG279Q also comes with the ASUS Ultra Low Blue Light filters to protect you from harmful blue light. You can easily access and select four different filter settings onscreen through the OSD menu to fulfill your different scenarios.
Flicker-Free technology reduces flicker to give you a comfortable gaming experience. This minimizes instances of eyestrain and other damaging effects when you're embroiled in long; drawn-out gaming sessions.
The MG279Q Gaming Monitor is specially designed for long marathon gaming sessions. Its slim profile and super-narrow bezel makes it perfect for almost seamless multi-display setups. The MG279Q also has an ergonomically-designed stand with tilt; swivel; pivot and height adjustment so you can always find that ideal viewing position. A quick-release design lets you separate the monitor from its stand so it can be VESA wall-mounted.
- 27in WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS display with 178-degree wide viewing angle for vivid visuals
- AMD FreeSync technology eliminates screen tearing for smoother gameplay
- Flexible connectivity with dual HDMI; DVI-D; DisplayPort and USB 3.0
- ASUS Eye Care with blue light filter and flicker-free backlighting reduces eyestrain and other eye ailments
- eSports-ready ergonomics with full tilt; swivel; pivot and height adjustments
- Panel Size: Wide Screen 27.0"(68.47cm) 16:9
- Color Saturation: 100%(sRGB)
- Panel Backlight/Type: In-Plane Switching
- True Resolution: 2560 x 1440
- Display Surface Non-glare
- Pixel Pitch: 0.233mm
- Brightness (Max): 350 cd/m
- Contrast Ratio (Max): 1000:1
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR): 100M:1
- Viewing Angle (CR>=10): 178 degree(H)/178 degree(V)
- Response Time: 4ms (Gray to Gray)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Flicker free
Video Feature and Audio Features
- Trace Free Technology: Yes
- Skin-Tone Selection: 3 Modes
- Color Temperature Selection: 4 Modes
- GamePlus (modes): Yes (Crosshair/Timer)
- Low Blue Light: Yes
- HDCP support: Yes
- VividPixel: Yes
- GameVisual: 6 Modes(Scenery/Racing/Cinema/RTS/RPG/FPS/sRGB Modes)
- FreeSync technology supported
- Stereo Speakers: 2W x 2 Stereo RMS
Convenient Hotkey; I/O Ports
- Convenient Hotkey: Input Selection; GamePlus; 5-way OSD Navigation Joystick; GameVisual
- Signal Input: HDMI/MHLx 2; Mini DisplayPort 1.2; DisplayPort 1.2
- USB Port(s): 3.0x2
Signal Frequency and Power Consumption
- Digital Signal Frequency: 51.2~221.97KHz(H)/35~144Hz
- Power Consumption < 38.7W (based on ES 6.0)
- Power Saving Mode <0.5W
- Power Off Mode <0.5W
Mechanical Design and Security
- Chassis Colors: Black
- Tilt: +20 degree~-5 degree
- Swivel: Yes
- Pivot: Yes
- Height Adjustment: Yes
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Super Narrow Bezel Design: Yes
- Quick Release Stand Design: Yes
- Security: Kensington lock
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimension with Stand (W x H x D): 625 x 559 x 238 mm
- Dimension without Stand (W x H x D): 625 x 368 x 63 mm
- Net Weight (Esti.): 7.3 kg
- Gross Weight (Esti.): 10.5kg
Accessories; Compliance and Standards
- Compliance and Standards: Energy Star; BSMI; CB; CCC; CE; C-Tick; ErP; FCC; J-MOSS; PSE; RoHS; UL/cUL; VCCI; WEEE; WHQL (Windows 8.1; Windows 7); TUV Flicker-free; TUV Low Blue Light; CU(EAC)