BEAUTY BEYOND BOUNDARIES
Inspired by millennia of artistic legacy, the new Designo MX Series sports an elegant and precision-crafted sundial design. The MX279H features an edge-to-edge frameless panel with 178 degrees ultra-wide viewing angle AH-IPS A+ technology for incredible visuals. In addition, built-in ASUS SonicMaster technology, co-developed with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower, delivers immersive premium audio performance. The 2012 Good Design Award-winning ultra-slim and ergonomic design can be tilted to provide you highly comfortable viewing experiences, while dual HDMI offers extensive connectivity options.
Incredibly subtle but sophisticated
ASUS Designo MX Series displays sport ultra-slim profiles - with MX279H measuring just 17.5mm at its thinnest point- thereby minimizing desk space requirements. In addition, the MX Series presents an edge-to-edge frameless screen with bezel thickness of just 0.8mm. This subtle but elegant design is further accentuated by a sundial-inspired stand which provides a sturdy base for the monitor. MX Series design has already garnered accolades at the 2012 Good Design Awards.
The latest IPS technology with 178 degrees wide-view angles
MX279H features a 16:9 aspect ratio LED-backlit AH-IPS A+ panel with a 178 degrees wide-view angle that minimizes color shift on both horizontal and vertical planes to ensure quality visuals from almost any direction. AH-IPS is the latest in IPS technology - delivering improved color accuracy plus increased energy efficiency.
MX279H uses a 178 degrees (H) / 178 degrees (V) ultra-wide viewing angle full HD AH-IPS A+ panel that eliminates color shift from almost any direction and in nearly all environments.
Built tough and gamer-centric comfortable
Tracer Free Technology improves the response time of ASUS monitors, eliminating ghosting and tracers during video playback. It does this by controlling voltage levels, resulting in 5ms response time so MX279H provides fluid and clear video playback with silky-smooth motion during gameplay.
ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio for lifelike visuals
With ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) of 80,000,000:1 and 250cd/m^2 brightness, MX279H augments display contrast and sharpness by adjusting backlighting luminance to achieve the deepest blacks and brightest whites for truly lifelike visuals.
QuickFit Virtual Scale (patent-pending) for true what you see is what you get
ASUS includes its exclusive QuickFit Virtual Scale feature with the MX279H, allowing you to preview photos and documents on-screen in their actual size prior to printing. It can be activated via a monitor hotkey, and serves as a highly useful guide to accurately view and edit photos in their native size.
Premium Immersive Audio
The Designo MX279H features ASUS SonicMaster technology - which was co-developed by the ASUS Golden Ear team and Bang & Olufsen ICEpower. This ASUS-exclusive audio technology combines advanced hardware and software to refine every acoustic detail in pristine quality to deliver crystal clear, true-to-life surround sound - reproducing richer and more distinct vocals at a wider frequency range and louder volumes.
Greater and smoother output with bigger speakers
Considering its slender form factor, adding powerful audio to MX279H presented a challenge. Nonetheless, the display features up to 32mm diameter speakers for greater and smoother sound impact with better bass performance. It also offers a resonance chamber of up to 100cc, expanding monitor sound range to new extremes.
A built-in amplifier powers speaker sound reproduction, just like a car engine with more horsepower means better performance can be attained. MX279H uses up to 5W amplifiers per channel, with speakers embedding large rare earth magnets to generate more powerful and striking sound.
Audio by Bang & Olufsen ICEpower
ASUS MX279H delivers outstanding images and stunning graphics that deserve superior sound to complete multimedia experiences whether watching movies, gaming, or listening to music. It features state-of-the-art audio technology from Bang & Olufsen ICEpower, with great sound packed into its slim form factor to create incredibly engaging sound quality. This means no investment in additional speakers is needed.
Bang & Olufsen ICEpower technology on MX279H has been developed specifically for compact media products to create excellent sound even in confined spaces. The superior sound quality is a result of innovative technology, ample power delivery, and months of optimizing and fine-tuning by audio engineers. Typically, powerful sound equals high energy consumption, but that's not the case with MX279H. The screen's embedded Class D MobileSound 3 technology is highly energy efficient, converting up to 92 % of power input to useful audio output.
Dual HDMI for extensive connectivity
The Designo MX279H supports Full HD 1920 x 1080 resolutions and has dual HDMI and D-sub (VGA) input ports to ensure compatibility with a variety of multimedia devices including Blu-ray disc players, game consoles, and digital cameras to enrich users' entertainment experience.
- 27" Full HD IPS display for vivid image clarity and a 178-degree wide viewing angle
- Award-winning frameless design for edge-to-edge brilliance
- Dual HDMI and VGA connectivity for flexibility to accept multiple sources
- Premium, immersive audio through stereo 3W speakers with exclusive ASUS SonicMaster technology co-developed with Bang & Olufsen ICEpower
- Optimize comfort with flexible tilt and an ergonomic build
- Panel Size - Wide Screen 27.0"(68.6cm) 16:9
- Panel Type - AH-IPS
- True Resolution - 1920x1080
- Full HD 1080P - Yes
- Pixel Pitch - 0.311mm
- Brightness(Max) - 250 cd/m^2
- ASUS Smart Contrast Ratio (ASCR) - 80000000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR>=10) - 178 degrees (H)/178 degrees (V)
- Response Time - 5ms (Gray to Gray)
- Display Colors - 16.7M
- Trace Free Technology - Yes
- SPLENDID Video Intelligence Technology
- SPLENDID Video Preset Modes - 8 Modes (sRGB Mode/Scenery Mode/Theater Mode/Standard Mode/Night View Mode/Game Mode/Reading Mode/Darkroom Mode)
- Skin-Tone Selection - 3 Modes
- Color Temperature Selection - 4 Modes
- QuickFit (modes) - Yes (Letter/A4/Alignment Grid/Photo Modes)
- Low Blue Light - Yes
- HDCP support - Yes
- Stereo Speakers - 3W x 2 Stereo RMS with ASUS SonicMaster audio technology and ICEpower | Bang & Olufsen technology
- SPLENDID Video Preset Mode Selection
- Auto. Adjustment
- Brightness Adjustment
- Volume Adjustment
- Input Selection
- Signal Input - HDMIx2, D-Sub, DVI-D (via HDMI-to-DVI cable)
- PC Audio Input - 3.5mm Mini-Jack
- Earphone jack - 3.5mm Mini-Jack
- Analog Signal Frequency - 30~80 KHz(H)/ 56~76 Hz(V)
- Digital Signal Frequency - 30~80 KHz(H)/ 56~76 Hz(V)
- Power Consumption - <29.1W
- Power Saving Mode - <0.5W
- Power Off Mode - <0.5W
- Voltage - 100-240V/50-60Hz
- Chassis Colors - Silver+Black
- Tilt - +20 degrees ~-5 degrees
- Slim Design - Yes
- Frameless Design - Yes
- Phys. Dimension with Stand(WxHxD) - 622.6x441.3x225.2mm
- Box Dimension(WxHxD) - 700x537x114mm
- Net Weight(Esti.) - 5.2kg
- Gross Weight(Esti.) - 8.0kg
Compliance and Standards
- BSMI, CB, CCC, CE, C-Tick, ErP, FCC, Gost-R, J-MOSS, PSE, RoHS, UL/cUL, VCCI, WEEE, WHQL (Windows 8, Windows 7)