Why the Digital Peephole Viewer?
The most basic home security is the front door. This is the primary entry point in the home, and the method to indentify who is there has not changed in many years.
Ask who is there and wait for a verbal response - This is only useful if you know the person and recognize the voice
The optical peephole has been around for over 40 years and is the best option to actually see who is at the door.
- The image quality is poor
- In low light the image may not be easy to identify
- The user must place an eye to the door thus darkening the peephole and signaling he is home
- The height is not right for all people
The PeepHole Viewer is the digital equivalent of the optical peephole with some major benefits
- Simple push button to see large image without darkening the peephole
- Clear image in LCD Panel on door, easy to see for people of any height
- Compensation for low light images
- Compensation for "fish eye" distortion
Simple One Button Operation
- Press the Power button under the LCD panel to turn on the viewer and see clearly who's at the door.
- The first push of the Power button will put the PeepHole Viewer into "Regular" view mode.
- If the button is pressed a second time while the viewer is still on, the display will go into "Zoomed View".
- Repeated pressing of the button causes the viewer to rotate between the two viewing modes: "Regular" and "Zoom".
- The viewer will turn off automatically after 10 seconds to conserve battery life. Any press of the button will restart the timer for 10 seconds.
- "Regular" Regular display mode shows a field of view similar to that of a digital camera.
- "Zoom" Zoom display mode enlarges the center of the PeepHole field of view for viewing facial details.
- When the batteries are low, the Red Low Battery Light will flash.
Note: The Peephole Viewer is designed to work when attached to a peephole in a door. The optical system is finely tuned to the peephole optics. If you attempt to use it without it being installed the images will be dark and blurry.
- Model: PHV132512
- PeepHole Barrel: 12mm
- Fits any doors 35~57mm (1.38"~2.24") thick.
- View angle: Regular Mode : 96 degrees , Zoom Mode: 60 degrees .
- FOR BEST RESULTS PLEASE USE THE PEEPHOLE INCLUDED
- Sensor: 1.3 Mega Pixel CMOS
- LCD Screen: 2.5" TFT
- Power Source: 2 AA batteries ( good for approx. 1500 ?peeps?)
- Size (WxHxD): 146 x 90 x 30 mm
- Weight: 160 g (without batteries)