In 2009 CEntrance redefined portable Hi-Fi with a revolutionary product called DACport, a small, USB-powered soundcard. DACport's amazing sound quality earned it a place on the Stereophile recommended components list for 6+ years!
In 2015 we added HD support, offering DSD playback, picosecond clocks and sampling rates up to 384kHz. The ultra-slim DACport HD immediately became a hit and sold thousands of units within months of introduction.
It's hard to build upon the legacy but we were determined to push the envelope even further. On customers' request, we've added a Rechargeable Battery and our legendary HiFi-M8 EQ, offering total freedom and sonic flexibility.
DACportable dots all the i's. And yet, it's extremely travel-friendly. It is our best portable product yet. Check it out for yourself! You will not be disappointed.
Nuts And Bolts
DACportable is a reference-quality audiophile listening device. The sound quality is so awesome, you will hear detail in your music you never thought was possible.
Featuring the amazing AK4490 Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) coupled with AmpExtreme-our own powerful, Class-A Headphone Amplifier with digital volume control, this product will transport you muscially to new heights.
DACportable supports full 32-bit, 384kHz resolution and DSD, so your equipment investment is future proof. There is plenty of clean output power. This means you can use your favorite headphones without worrying if it will be loud enough.
On and Off The Road
Make your audiophile experience portable. Listen to pristine-quality playback anywhere-at a coffee shop, at work, or on a trip-no need to sacrifice sound quality for portability. DACportable packs a lot of features into the stylish, anodized aluminum chassis, setting new standards in portability, convenience and sound quality.
- VelvetSound series D/A converter plays all your high-res music perfectly.
- AmpExtreme headphone amp offers clarity, soundstage and detail.
- Volume control with digital tracking keeps channels in perfect balance.
- Ergonomic, side-mounted slider allows single-handed volume adjustment.
- Works with Mac, Windows, and Linux OS, and most phones and tablets.
- Li-Po battery plays for 8 hours without draining your phone's battery.
- Anodized aluminum chassis offers extra scratch protection and durability.
- 1/8-inch headphone jack lets you play it loud with most headphones!
- Resolution - 32-bit (Also supports 24-bit)
- Sample Rate - 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.2 kHz, 192 kHz, 352.4 kHz, 384 kHz
- DSD Support - DSD64 and DSD128
- Clocking - Two custom, mil-spec clocks, 1 ppm precision, 1 ps jitter
- Jitter - Unmeasurable
- Streaming LED - Lights up when digital audio is streaming
- Compatibility - Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS.
- Freq. Response - 20 Hz...40 kHz
- S/N Ratio - 110 dB
- THD+N - 0.002 %
- Crosstalk, 1kHz - -111 dB
- Output Impedance - 1 Ohm
- Output power, 32ohm - 775 mW (total)
- Supported Headphones - 16...600 Ohm
- Max Output Level, 1kHz - 4.1 V rms / +14.5 dBu
- Audio Output - Gold-plated 3.5mm headphone jack
- Headphone Amp - Class-A with super-clean, bipolar power supply
- AC Adapter - Standard 5V adapter with USB "micro B" plug
- DC Powering/Charging - +5V (2.1A) from external adapter, such as iPad charger
- Internal supplies - Battery-isolated, triple-filtered +/-9V, analog power supply rails
- Unit Dimensions - 98 mm (L) x 41 mm (W) x 21 mm (H)
- Shipping Weight - 550 g
- Chassis Material - Scratch-resistant, lightweight anodized aluminum
- Battery Specs - Rechargeable Li-Polymer, 8 hours play time
- Cables - Same cable can be used for Audio or Charging