This exciting new addition to the EOS System combines compact size and affordability with an added dose of features and sophistication. Improving on the previous model, Speedlite 420EX, the new 430EX can now be set into manual flash mode (full power~1/64). Flash compensation can be set on the flash unit, and manual control of the flash zoom head is now possible. Improvements in its circuitry make recycle time 40% faster, and since it is compatible with Canon's wireless E-TTL, it can be used as an affordable "slave unit."
- Significantly greater user control via new LCD panel on rear of flash
- Wide-angle pull-down panel covers 14mm lens (on a full-frame camera)
- Slightly higher max. guide number at 105mm setting (GN 141-feet, at ISO 100)
- Auto conversion of flash zoom coverage with compatible digital SLRs
- White balance info communicated instantly to compatible digital SLRs
- Bounce upward to 90?; swivel right (to 90?) and left (to 180?)
- 14% lighter and approx. 25% smaller in overall volume than top-of-the-line 580EX
- Six flash custom functions built into the 430EX (set on rear LCD panel)
- Power Source: Four AA-size Alkaline Batteries (6V) Four AA-size Ni-MH (4.8V)
- Dimensions 2.8 x 4.8 x 4.0 in./72 x 122 x 101mm
- Weight 11.6 oz./330g (without batteries
- Compatible w/ all EOS cameras.
- E-TTL II w/ EOS-1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark II N, 1D Mark II, 5D, 20D, ELAN 7NE / 7N, Rebel T2.
- E-TTL w/ EOS-1v, 1Ds, 1D, 10D, D60, D30, Digital Rebel XT, Digital Rebel, D2000, ELAN 7E / 7, IIE / II, Rebel Ti, K2, 2000, G, GII, IX, IX Lite.