|Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX|
The new Macro Twin Lite gives serious close-up, nature, and macro enthusiasts a different option in macro lighting - a directional quality of light, as opposed to the rather "Flat" character of the traditional ring lite. Two separate flash heads can be swiveled around the lens, can be aimed separately, and even removed from their holder and mounted off-camera. Like the MR-14EX, the new Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX is fully E-TTL compatible with all EOS bodies, including digital SLRs, and even allows Wireless E-TTL flash control with one or more 550EX and/or 420EX "slave units". It also provides easy ratio control of each flash heads output, over a six-stop range.
- Attaches to all Canon EF macro lenses (EF 180mm f/3.5L requires Macro Lite Adapter 72C).
- Twin flash heads can be rotated over 80 angle around lens in 5 degree increments.
Heads can be swiveled or bounced and can be removed from mounting ring for added control.
- Powerful Guide Number of 78 (feet, @ ISO 100), full E-TTL control and E-TTL features including FEL, Hi-speed sync, and FEB.
- Full E-TTL automatic flash control with compatible EOS bodies, including EOS-1D, D60, and D30 digital SLRs.
- Incandescent focusing lamps, and two different types of 1-second modeling flash allow easy focusing and previewing of lighting effects
- Flash Type - Macro flash unit with adjustable and removable twin straight flash heads. Separate controller unit attaches to cameras hot shoe
- Guide Number - 72 (feet) / 22 (m), at ISO 100 (with both tubes firing at full power)
- Flash Duration - Modeling Flash: One-second burst at 70Hz in E-TTL or Manual flash modes, showing ratios. With C.Fn 4-1 (on MT-24EX), uniform one-second burst at 70Hz with any EOS body by pressing Controller Units test button
- Flash Control System - Flash exposure compensation, Flash Exposure Bracketing, FE Lock, FP synch, and Ratio Control of left right (A:B) flash tubes over a 6-stop range (8:1 - 1:8) and Wireless E-TTL with off-camera 550EX and/or 420EX Slave Units
- Exposure Control Modes - Variable from full (1/1) 1/64 power, Ratio Control of left,right (A:B) flash tubes from 1/1 to 1/64 power is possible
- Custom Functions - Nine Custom Functions on MT-24EX, in addition to any in camera, set on MT-24EX Controller LCD panel.
- General Power Source - 4 AA batteries in controller unit (Alkaline, Lithium, rechargeable Ni-Cd or Ni-MH AAs are OK)
- External Power Source - Compact Battery Pack E or E2, and Transistor Pack E
- EOS D60
- EOS ELAN 7
- EOS ELAN 7E
Macro Ring Light MT-24EX