This OPEN BOX product you are browsing has been inspected by our qualified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications and includes all factory packed accessories. It is guaranteed to be in perfect working order but it is sold in "AS IS" condition (for example, the box may be torn, there may be cosmetic scratches, etc), returns will not be accepted unless the item is found to be defective. Please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order. We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the item is sold as-is.
Use the "contact us" page to request additional information or images on this product
Zoom Like Never Before
Craters on the moon, wildlife from afar, your child's face on a crowded school stage? the PowerShot SX60 HS camera gives you the reach to capture it all. The camera's astonishing 65x Optical Zoom (21mm-1365mm) Wide-Angle Lens with Optical Image Stabilizer combines tremendous flexibility with portable ease. Capture close-ups, wide shots and everything in between with beautiful quality thanks to a 16.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and Canon's latest DIGIC 6 Image Processor that together create the Canon HS SYSTEM for excellent low-light performance. Advanced technology including Zoom Framing Assist and Intelligent IS help you track and capture clear, steady long shots. Shoot realistic 1080p Full HD video recorded at 60p. USM and VCM technology help ensure fast, silent zooming and focus during recording, and, in a first for a PowerShot model, you can attach an optional external microphone. And quickly share everything you capture: the PowerShot SX60 HS is Wi-Fi- and NFC-enabled with an easy Mobile Device Connect button.
Ultra Zooming Power in the Palm of Your Hands.
Lightweight with superb controllability, the 65x Optical Zoom (21-1365mm) Wide-Angle Lens with Optical Image Stabilizer for outstanding optical performance and versatility for both close-ups and wide shots. The PowerShot SX60 HS camera is a marvel of optical engineering; but it's also a Genuine Canon Lens, which means that the images you capture with it will be beautifully natural and true to life - whether you're shooting at the wide angle or extreme telephoto end.
Beautiful Images and Fast Performance Start Here.
The PowerShot SX60 HS camera employs a 16.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture with reduced noise. It is also a high-speed design, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling faster continuous shooting and faster autofocus. The camera is equipped with the DIGIC 6 Image Processor, which makes several important advancements to image quality both in stills and video. Improved light sensitivity allows for higher resolution with less noise when shooting in dark conditions, and Dynamic IS now detects and compensates for tilt and parallel movement (shift blur) to create video that's exceptionally free of distortion. The DIGIC 6 Image Processor also enhances the performance capabilities, powering full resolution high-speed continuous stills shooting.
With the Canon HS SYSTEM, you'll experience excellent tracking performance even in low light, and achieve gorgeous still image quality even at high ISO speeds all the way up to ISO 3200; beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur in a variety of situations for incredible photos, even when shooting video.
Serious Video and Audio Capability.
With the PowerShot SX60 HS camera, you'll preserve memories and creative film clips in beautifully realistic 1080p Full HD Video at 60 frames per second. Simply press the dedicated Movie button to begin recording. And now for the first time on a PowerShot model, a new input allows you to attach an optional external microphone (3.5mm diameter) for serious audio recording to match the high-quality video you'll capture. The camera's powerful zoom is equipped with Canon's precision-engineered Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and Voice Coil Motor (VCM) for fast, silent zooming and focus that won't interfere with audio capture.
Simply Tap to Connect.
The PowerShot SX60 HS camera supports NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, eliminating the need to manually find and open the Canon CameraWindow app# on your mobile device. Simply touch the NFC icon on your camera to your compatible Android device, and the CameraWindow app will launch automatically for quick, easy sharing of your images. Built-in NFC technology also makes it simpler to install the app.
Optimal Image Stabilization in Any Situation.
The PowerShot SX60 HS camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system automatically analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system selects from Normal IS, Panning IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Tripod modes. When shooting video, the system selects from Dynamic IS, Powered IS, Macro (Hybrid) IS and Active Tripod IS modes
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 65x Optical, 4x Digital and 260x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
Image Capture Device
- 16.0 Megapixel, 1/2.3-inch CMOS (Image processing may cause a decrease in the number of pixels)
- Approx. 16.8 Megapixels
- Approx. 16.1 Megapixels
- 3.8 (W) - 247.0 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 21-1365mm)
- 0.0 in (0 cm) - infinity (W), 5.9 ft. (1.8 m) - infinity (T)
- Macro 0.0 in. (0 cm) - 1.6 ft. (50 cm) (W)
- TTL Autofocus (Continuous, Servo AF), Manual Focus
- Electronic Viewfinder (Approx. 922,000 dots)
- 3.0-inch Color Vari-angle LCD with wide viewing angle
- Approx. 922,000 dots
- Approx. 100%
Aperture and Shutter
- f/3.4 (W), f/6.5 (T)
- 1-1/2000 sec.
- 15-1/2000 sec. (in Tv and M modes)
- Auto, ISO 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200 (When in P mode)/6400 (When in Low Light mode)
Light Metering Method
- Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot (Facial brightness is evaluated (Face Detect AE) in Face Detect, Fixed to Center, linked to AF frame)
Exposure Control Method
- Manual Exposure, Program Shift, Safety Shift, AE Lock
- Still Images: ?3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Videos: ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments (not available during shooting)
White Balance Control
- Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Custom 1, Custom 2, Multi-area White Balance, White Balance Correction
- Auto, Flash On, Slow Synchro, Flash Off
- Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect.
- 1.6 ft. (50 cm) - 18 ft. (5.5 m) (W), 5.9 ft. (1.8 m) - 9.8 ft. (3.0 m) (T)
- 10 sec. or less (Battery voltage: 3.7 V)
Flash Exposure Compensation
- ?2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- C1, C2, M, Av, Tv, P, Hybrid Auto, Auto, Creative Shot, Sports, SCN, Creative Filters, Movie
- Portrait, Smart Shutter, Handheld Night Scene, Low Light, Snow, Fireworks
- High Dynamic Range, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Toy Camera Effect, Soft Focus, Monochrome, Super Vivid, Poster Effect
- Standard, Manual (Movie), iFrame Movie, Super Slow Motion Movie
- Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-timer
- My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color (Adjustment of contrast sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available)
- Approx. 10-sec. delay/approx. 2-sec. delay/custom
- Delay time (0-15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots (1-10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Not Available
- Normal: Approx. 6.4 shots/sec. (in AUTO & P mode)
- AF: Approx. 3.8 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- LV: Approx. 4.6 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically.
- Differs depending on the zoom position.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC and UHS-I Memory Cards
- Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
Image Recording Format
- Superfine / Fine
JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif. 2.3 (JPEG), RAW (12 bit, CR2 (Canon Original))
- Video: MP4 (Image: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264; Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC (Stereo))
Number of Recording Pixels
1) 16:9 - Large: 4608 x 2592; Medium 1: 3264 x 1832; Medium 2: 1920 x 1080; Small: 640 x 360
2) 3:2 - Large: 4608 x 3072; Medium 1: 3264 x 2176; Medium 2: 2048 x 1368; Small: 640 x 424
3) 4:3 - Large: 4608 x 3456; Medium 1: 3264 x 2448; Medium 2: 2048 x 1536; Small: 640 x 480
4) 1:1 - Large: 3456 x 3456; Medium 1: 2448 x 2448; Medium 2: 1536 x 1536; Small: 480 x 480
5) 4:5 - Large: 2768 x 3456; Medium 1: 1952 x 2448; Medium 2: 1232 x 1536; Small: 384 x 480
Full HD 1920 x 1080: 60 fps(*3) / 30 fps(*2)
Full HD iFrame Movie HD 1920 x 1080: 30 fps(*2)
HD 1280 x 720: 30 fps(*2)
640 x 480: 30 fps(*2)
Super Slow Motion Movie 640 x 480: 120 fps(*1)
Super Slow Motion Movie 320 x 240: 240 fps(*1)
Miniature Effect for Movie 1280 x 720: 6 fps(*1) / 3 fps(*1) / 1.5 fps(*1)
Miniature Effect for Movie: 640 x 480: 6 fps(*1) / 3 fps(*1) / 1.5 fps(*1)
Digest Movie: 1280 x 720: 30fps(*2)
*1 Playback frame rate is 30 fps(*2).
*2 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
*3 Actual frame rate is 59.94 fps.
- Single, Index, Magnification (2-10x), Switch to other images while zoomed, Information Display, Red-eye Correction, Photobook Setup, Cropping, Resize, My Colors, Face ID info, Histogram, RGB Histogram, Location Information, Overexposure Warning
- Normal Playback, Pause, Slow Motion, Skip Backward, Previous Frame, Next Frame, Skip Forward, Erase chapters, Editing, Movie Transcoding
- Using the software included with the camera (ImageBrowser EX), there are 8 levels (1/8x to 1x) of playback speed for Super Slow Motion Movies possible on a computer.
- Select Image, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in the memory card stored with the Design rule for Camera File systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- Using the Movie editing function, sections of the movie can be deleted.
- RAW+JPEG images can be erased individually.
- Analog: NTSC or PAL, Digital: HDMI (HDMI mini connector)
- SD memory card slot; direct connection to Canon SELPHY, PIXMA Photo Printers & PictBridge compatible printers.
- External Microphone input terminal (f3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Battery Pack NB-10L, AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC80
- Approx. 340 shots when using LCD monitor
- Approx. 450 shots when using ECO mode
- Approx. 6 hours
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- 5.02 x 3.65 x 4.50 in. / 127.6 x 92.6 x 114.3 mm
- 1.43 lb. / 650 g (CIPA standard)
- 1.34 lb. / 607 g (camera only)