$50 Rebate may apply. Click here for details
Take control and capture your video and photographic memories the way you want to remember them - all with a single camera. The Optura 60 is equipped with a 14x Optical Zoom Lens and combines 2.2 Megapixel performance with advanced controls for your digital photography.
To make capturing photos even easier, the 2005 Optura series features, for the first time ever, scene modes that are easily selected from the side mounted control wheel. User-friendly modes include beach, sunset, snow, foliage, fireworks, and spotlight to adapt to most shooting situations for both photo and video. Users can also be creative with manual features such as aperture and shutter priority modes, manual audio level recording and a large manual focusing ring on the front of the lens.
Exclusive features offered on the Optura 60 camcorder include a USB 2.0 high-speed terminal for fast and easy transfer of full-quality digital video to a computer and Advanced Accessory Shoe, which allows certain Canon accessories to attach and be powered directly from the camera without wires or additional power. The Optura 50 and Optura 60 both feature a Night Mode, which allows users to capture video under low light conditions. For more advanced low light recording, the Optura 60 camcorder also offers a built-in video light, which enables users to keep shooting even in the dark. Key Features:
- 14X Zoom Lens with 280X Digital Zoom* - The Optura 60's 10x optical zoom lens delivers superb definition and contrast, taking full advantage of the DV format
- Advanced Accessory Shoe* - Want to add an accessory microphone or video light? Simply slide Canon's VFL-1 Video Flash Light, DM-50 Directional Stereo Microphone or VL-3 Video Light into the accessory shoe; the camcorder will automatically provide power and connections. No external power or cables are required.
- Super Night Mode* - The Optura 60's Night Mode allows you to capture video under low-light conditions. It selects the ideal shutter speed and sensitivity combination to help brighten up the scene, without sacrificing color. To experience the ultimate in low-light recording, simply turn on the Mini Video Light. It allows you to keep shooting even in the dark.
- USB 2.0* High Speed Terminal - Allows high-speed transfer of images from your SD Memory Card or MultiMediaCard to your computer. By using the USB cable and software provided, you can process and organize your images on your PC. The USB 2.0 High Speed terminal allows full quality digital video to be sent to the computer for editing.
* Items marked with asterisks above indicate key step-up features from the Optura 50.
- RGB Primary Color Filter separates the light passing through the lens into individual red, green, and blue color components, the same color filtration used in professional 3 CCD camcorders. As a result, the Optura 60 deliver richer, more vibrant, and more accurate color reproduction than models using a conventional complementary color filter.
- Optical Image Stabilizer -The Optura 60 utilizes the finest method of image stabilization available: optical. Canon's lens design includes a dedicated optical element which shifts up and down and side to side based on motion, so your video and photos always look smooth, steady, and natural. Unlike electronic image stabilizers, there is no loss in image quality.
- High Resolution 16:9 Widescreen Video - Record high-resolution video in the 16:9 format for playback on widescreen TVs. Unlike systems which simply record a vertically stretched picture, the Optura 60 uses the full width of the CCD, filling the entire screen with crisp, high-quality images. The LCD screen shows the image in letterbox style, so you know exactly how your image will appear on TV.
- High Resolution 2.2 Megapixel CCD The camcorders feature advanced image processing, for capturing stunning, 2.0 Megapixel (1632 x 1224 pixels) photos onto the included memory card. They may be captured at a variety of different image qualities and compression sizes (Superfine/Fine/Normal).
- SD Memory Card and MultiMediaCard - Easily transfer images to your PC directly from the camcorder using USB and IEEE1394. Produce effects not possible with just a cassette using the Card Mix Effects. Choose one of the sample images provided on the supplied SD Memory Card (such as picture frames, backgrounds and animations) and combine it with the live video recording. (A 16MB MultiMediaCard is supplied with the camcorder.)
- VIC - Canon camcorders feature an exclusive connection circuit, called VIC. VIC is a virtual powerhouse. Traditionally, multiple chips were needed to perform the camcorder's input and output functions. However VIC manages it all with one single chip. The result is seamless connectivity whether you are connecting to a computer, TV, or VCR.
- Print/Share Button Simply connect the camcorder to a Canon Compact Photo Printer, Canon PIXMA Photo Printer or any PictBridge compliant printer. Or connect your camcorder to your computer and with a single press of a button you can share photos with friends and family.
- 9 Point AiAF (Auto Intelligent Auto Focus) With Selectable Focusing Points. Sometimes, the subject we want to photograph is not in the center of the frame. With the Optura 60 camcorder, you can choose from one of three focusing points to automatically put the subject you want into sharp focus.
- Flexible 2.5" LCD Screen and Color Viewfinder - The bright 2.5" LCD view screen makes it easy to compose sensational shots without having to squint into the viewfinder. You can rotate the screen for high-or low-angle shots, or turn it around 180? to record yourself.
- Auto Exposure Bracketing - Automatically captures three alternately exposed photos (normal, underexposed and overexposed) with the single press of the photo button. This feature is particularly valuable in potentially tricky lighting situations and for those photographers seeking a particular photo lighting effect for their finished picture.
- 6 Special Scene Modes - To make capturing photos even easier, the new Optura series features, for the first time ever, scene modes that are easily selected from the side mounted control wheel. User-friendly modes help you adapt to most shooting situations for both photo and video. The camcorder allows you to handle a variety of common shooting conditions with ease:
- Foliage - Autumn foliage, greenery, and flowers
- Firework - Brilliant, vivid images of fireworks
- Sunset - Prevents overexposure of sunsets
- Snow - Capture snowy winter memories, without underexposure
- Beach - Perfect for a summer day at the beach
- Spotlight - Ideal for stage performances
- Metering Modes -Several metering modes previously found only in cameras are available for higher precision: Evaluative, Center-weighted Average and Spot.
- Image Settings - Choose from the following effects to add a creative flare to your photos: Vivid, Neutral, Low-Sharpening, Soft Skin Detail, and Custom.
- Built-in Flash - The built-in flash fires according to the brightness of the surrounding area. Use it to illuminate your subjects when taking photos at night or indoors. It can also fill in shadows when shooting in bright sunlight. There are 4 modes: Auto, Red-eye reduction Auto, Flash on, and Flash off.
- Continuous Shooting Mode - The camcorders feature a continuous shooting mode, allowing you to capture a rapid succession of photos, just like the motor drive on a camera. Capture up to 3 frames per second in 1632 x 1224 resolution or up to 5 frames per second in 1280 x 960/640 x 480. This function is linked with the built-in flash, so continuous shooting is possible even in dark locations.
- Photo Review - After a photo is captured, you can review it by holding down the PHOTO button. The display time can be set from 2 to 10 seconds.
- Simultaneous Photo Recording - With the Optura 60's Simultaneous Photo Record feature, you can record high quality video to a Mini DV tape and e-mail ready (640 x 480) digital photos to a memory card at the same time! It's perfect for birthday parties, soccer games, or any time when you don't want to miss a moment.
- Manual Audio Control - For complete control, the camcorder offers manual audio adjustment. The audio level can be monitored in the viewfinder or LCD viewscreen.
- Analog Line-In/Converter - You can send an analog video signal from a TV, VCR or a camcorder into the Optura 50 and record it onto a DV tape, or convert the analog signal into digital signal, for direct transfer to digital video devices or computers equipped with a IEEE1394 terminal. (The Analog-Digital Converter may not function depending on the software used.)
- Motion JPEG - You can record movie clips in Motion JPEG format onto the memory card, for clear images and smooth playback. Best of all, you can record for the full length of the SD Memory Card*. If you like, you can even copy video from the Mini DV tape to the card, making it easy to attach a mini-movie to an e-mail or post on the web. (* With SD Memory Cards up to 512 MB. When using MultiMediaCards, movie clips are limited to 10 seconds in 320 x 240 and 30 seconds in 160 x 120.)
- Manual Focus Ring - For ultimate precision and control, you can adjust focus with a manual focus ring.
- Direct Print with Canon Bubble Jet Printers, PictBridge, Exif Print - Turn your images into prints in seconds -- without a computer! A single cable connects the printer to the camcorder and all printing options can be controlled from the LCD Screen. Options include: selecting the print quantity, horizontal or vertical trimming, and whether you would like bordered or borderless prints. The Optura 60 is compatible with all Canon CP-series Card Photo Printers and Bubble Jet Direct Printers.
- Skin Detail Mode - When shooting close-ups of people, the camcorder automatically softens details to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections for a more complimentary appearance.
- Remote Control Included - A supplied wireless remote control operates the camcorder during recording and playback.
- External Microphone Jack - In addition to using the Optura 60's built-in microphone, you have the option of plugging in an external microphone
- Digital Effects - Show your creativity by using the special effects and digital faders available with the camcorders. A wide selection of faders and special effects will add visual appeal and greater imaging variety
- Multi-image Screen: Divide your screen into four, nine or sixteen pictures with the Image Capture function. You can choose the speed at which the images are captured: Manual, Slow, Moderate or Fast.
- StitchAssist - By using the StitchAssist Mode, you can create magnificent panoramas. Shoot your landscape, and transfer them to your computer. Then simply select and arrange your images in the correct order, and the supplied PhotoStitch software does the rest, aligning, overlapping and cropping the separate images to form one ultra-wide panoramic still image.
- PCM Digital Stereo Sound - The camcorder offers two digital audio modes, 12 and 16-bit. You can select 16-bit mode for high-quality, CD-equivalent stereo sound, or 12-bit to record only two of four channels, leaving two channels free for you to record additional sound later. The Optura 60 also features newly designed audio circuitry, allowing wind noise to be removed without effecting audio quality. For complete control, the Optura 60 offers manual audio adjustment.
- Program Auto Exposure - While the Easy Recording mode is fine for most shooting situations, the camcorder also includes additional preprogrammed auto exposure modes (Auto, Sports, Portrait, Spotlight, Sand & Snow and Low Light mode), each carefully designed to give you the best possible image results under special shooting conditions.
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) - This enables data communication with a computer without the need to install dedicated driver software. This direct link enables the computer to access the camcorder as though it was an external card reader. (available only with computers running Windows XP or Mac OS X (version 10.1 or later))
- My Camera Function - Personalize your camcorder by customizing the start-up image and camcorder operation sounds. With the Optura 50, you can choose a start-up image from the included software CD or use your own digital recordings
Specifications: Image sensor: 1/3.4-inch CCD, approx. 2,200,000 pixels; Effective pixels: tape approx. 1,230,000 pixels, card approx. 2,000,000 pixels Filter diameter: 34 mm Dimensions: 2.8 x 3.2 x 5.2 in. (70 x 82 x 133 mm) excluding protrusions Weight: approx. 1.2 lbs. (530 g)not including lens and battery pack