Condition: This product was discovered to be Initially defective and has been refurbished by the manufacturer.
This REFURBISHED product you are browsing has been inspected by our certified technicians to ensure that it meets factory specifications; it is guaranteed to be in perfect working order.
The Equipment is sold in "AS IS" condition and returns will not be accepted so please contact us with any questions BEFORE placing an order.
We accept PayPal and all major credit cards. We do our best to describe each item we are selling to the best of our ability. Bear in mind that the Item is sold as-is with no warranty. Use the "contact us" page to request additional info or images on this product.
Advanced medium-telephoto macro lens with VR II image stabilization.
This versatile medium-telephoto macro lens delivers fantastic close-up, macro and even portrait shooting with Vibration Reduction (VR II) image stabilization. Enjoy ample working distance and exceptional sharpness - even during handheld shooting - while creating lifesize (1:1 reproduction ratio) images. Advanced Nikon lens technologies provide consistently stunning performance with close-up subjects, flowers, insects, portraits and more.
Sharpness from life-size (1:1) to infinity
The compact AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR is ideal for extreme close-up and general photography. Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization provides 3.0 stops of blur free handheld shooting, assuring dramatically sharper still images and HD video capture. Discover a world of unseen detail with stunning sharpness and beautiful background bokeh in close-up, nature, portrait and general photography applications.
Stunning results in many applications
Optimized for DX-format cameras, the AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm f/3.5G ED VR delivers exceptional images, reproducing every detail in true-to-life brilliance thanks to a host of Nikon lens technologies. Silent Wave Motor (SWM) provides ultra-fast, ultra-quiet internal autofocusing from infinity to life-size (1:1 reproduction ratio). SWM also allows for seamless manual focus override?key when shooting live subjects like insects or flowers. Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements provide superior sharpness and color reproduction, and Super Integrated Coating (SIC) virtually eliminates ghosting and lens flare.
Nikon Vibration Reduction
Learn more about Nikon's in-lens VR image stabilization which assures dramatically sharper still images and video capture when shooting handheld.
- Vibration Reduction: A Nikon in-lens technology that improves image stability by automatically compensating for camera shake. Lenses that offer VR will feature the abbreviation VR on the lens barrel.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor, which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Nikon F-Bayonet
- 85 mm
- f/ 3.5
- f/ 32
Maximum Angle of View (DX-format)
- 18 deg. 50'
Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- 1.0 x
- FX in DX Crop Mode
VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
ED Glass Elements
Super Integrated Coating
AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)
Minimum Focus Distance
- 0.9 ft. ( 0.286 m)
- 52 mm
Accepts Filter Type
Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length)
- 2.9 in. (73 mm) x 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- 12.5 oz. (355 g)