A step up from the 60mm model, the NexStar 80 SLT Refractor gives images that are bright and crisp. The 80 SLT offers 80% brighter images than the 60mm scope. Like the other models in the SLT Series, the 80 SLT comes with a fully computerized hand control with a database of over 4,000 celestial objects!
With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 80 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Our new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED makes aligning a breeze.
A wonderful first-time astronomical scope, the 80 SLT can also be used as a great, land-based spotting telescope with optional erect-image diagonal.
NexStar 80SLT - General Features
- High quality 80 mm refractor
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- Good for terrestrial and celestial observing
- Includes CD-ROM "The Sky" Astronomy Software which provides education about the sky and printable sky maps
NexStar 80SLT - Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows you to align on any three bright celestial objects, making for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer