Create one-pot meals your family will love with the Cuisinart Cook Central 3-in-1 Multicooker. Three fully programmable cooking functions let you saute vegetables, brown meats and slow cook your favorite comfort foods right in the unit. Skip the stovetop with combination cooking - brown your ingredients in the unit and then simply switch to the slow cook function. Use the Cook Central to prep any aspect of your favorite dish. Select the steam function to prepare stuffed artichokes to start a gourmet meal or to create a healthful vegetable medley side dish. The Cook Central can even do dessert. With numerous recipes to choose from in the included booklet, the opportunities are endless!
The Cook Central features Cuisinart's brushed stainless steel housing and a 6-quart nonstick cooking pot that lets you brown or saute directly in the unit. Once your meal is ready, the unit will automatically shift to Keep Warm mode so your meal is ready when you are. Serving your dish is easy - just lift the pot out and take it to the table. Clean-up is a breeze with the Cook Central as the pot, steaming rack and glass lid are dishwasher-safe.
The first step to creating your meal with the Cook Central is selecting the cooking function.
Slow cooking is perfect for foods that require long, slow simmering, such as soups, stocks, stews, and dried beans. This function is also ideal when cooking tougher and less expensive cuts of meat like shoulder and pot roast. The Slow Cook function has three temperature settings -- High, Low, and Simmer. For recipes that need to cook longer, use the Simmer and Low settings. When starting a dish later in the day, select the High setting. A 24-hour timer and automatic Keep Warm mode ensure your food is ready to eat when you are.
Steaming is one of the healthiest methods of cooking. No butter or oil is required and fewer nutrients are lost in the steaming process. To steam anything from asparagus to shrimp, insert the included steaming rack and no more than 2 quarts of water or other liquid in the cooking pot and cover with the lid. Once steaming is complete, carefully remove food from the pot with a spoon, fork or tongs and enjoy.
Use the Brown/Saute function as you would a skillet or saute pan on the stovetop for a variety of recipes. Prepare a quickly sauteed skillet dish or brown food right in the pot as the first step of your family's favorite slow cooker recipe. You can use this function to reheat foods as well. Just use Brown/Saute at 350 °F and stir until all ingredients are warmed through.
Once you have chosen the cooking function that best fits your recipe, simply set the desired time and temperature, and then press Start.
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
- 3 fully programmable cooking functions:
- Slow Cook on high, low, simmer, or warm for up to 24 hours
- Brown/Saute with temperatures up to 400 °
- Steam for up to 90 minutes
- Includes automatic Keep Warm feature
- One touch switches modes when recipe calls for combination cooking
- Extra-large blue backlit LCD with easy-to-read time and temperature settings
- Removable 6-quart nonstick aluminum cooking pot
- Glass lid with cool-touch handle for clear view and comfortable handling
- Dishwasher-safe removable parts for effortless cleanup
- Steaming rack included
- Limited 3-year warranty
- Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 18" x 11" x 10.5"
- Shipping Dimensions (L x W x H): 20.5" x 13.5" x 9.75"
- Shipping Weight: 17.75 lb