Record Your Guitar and Vocals with Incredible Tones
Guitarists have only dreamed about it until now-BOSS guitar effects and Roland's breakthrough COSM modeling built right into powerful hardware and recording software. That's the V-STUDIO 20. The V-STUDIO 20 matches the simplicity of a portable, hardware recording system with the power, flexibility, and control of modern computer-based recording. Whether you're at home or on the road, you can easily connect a guitar or mic to the VS-20 hardware and dial up genuine BOSS sounds. Once you're ready, record directly to your computer for further editing and mixing using Cakewalk Guitar Tracks recording software. Don't settle for imitations-Roland, Cakewalk, and BOSS are names you can trust to deliver the best recording solutions for today's musicians.
- Get high-quality recordings with a stereo audio interface
- Compact, portable, and USB bus powered-perfect for mobile recording
- Control your mix and playback with real faders, knobs, and buttons
- Incredible tones from zero latency, hardware COSM DSP effects with software control
- Easy to understand-hardware matches software with tight integration
- Includes connections for monitors, headphones, pedals, and footswitches
Simple to Use - When you are ready to start recording, the VS-20 hardware makes it easy to start.
- The VS-20 hardware combines a stereo audio interface, control surface, and built-in stereo mics
- Get amazing guitar tones with a Hi-Z input and on-board BOSS-powered, COSM DSP effects for amp simulation and 4 virtual pedal modules (Compression, Overdrive/Distortion, Chorus/Mod, Delay) including 36 genuine Boss effects and 50 presets
- Record vocals with a phantom powered XLR input and get a great sound with built-in latency free COSM DSP for harmony, real-time pitch correction, reverb, compression and more
- Hardware and software share a similar user interface and feature controls that make it easy for anyone to record their music
- Compact design and USB bus power make the V-Studio 20 perfect for mobile recording with a laptop or Netbook
36 Genuine BOSS Effects with COSM Effects Editor
Get amazing guitar tones with a Hi-Z input and on-board BOSS-powered, COSM DSP effects for amp simulation and 4 virtual pedal modules including 36 genuine Boss effects and 50 presets.
Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Software
Designed for guitarists and singer-songwriters, the bundled Guitar Tracks recording software provides powerful, streamlined recording, editing, mixing, finalizing, and sharing of music.
- Record and playback up to 32 tracks of audio
- Easily arrange, edit, and mix your song
- Includes a suite of 11 stunning effects
- Features the Roland TTS-1 synthesizer
- Jam to 1 GB of loops, songs, and backing tracks
- Tight integration with hardware for flawless recording
Number of Input Channels
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Signal Processing: maximum 24-bit (depending on software)
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
Residual Noise Level
- -90 dBu or less
(INPUT: GUITAR/BASS, 47 k ohm terminated, INPUT SENS knob = center, DIRECT MONITOR knob = center, OUTPUT LEVEL knob = center, IHF-A, Typical, Effect = OFF)
Nominal Input Level
- GUITAR/BASS: -10 dBu, MIC 2: -40 dBu, LINE: -10 dBu
Nominal Output Level
- GUITAR/BASS: 1 M ohm, MIC 2: 4 k ohms, LINE: 10 k ohms
- OUTPUT: 2 k ohms, PHONES: 44 ohms
Recommended Load Impedance
- OUTPUT: 20 k ohms or greater, PHONES: 32 to 100 ohms
- GUITAR/BASS: 1/4 inch phone type, MIC 2: XLR type (balanced/phantom power +48 V), LINE: 1/4 inch phone type, OUTPUT: RCA pin type, PHONES: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, REC, PLAY (FOOT SW): TRS 1/4 inch phone type, EXP PEDAL: TRS 1/4 inch phone type, USB: B type
- V-STUDIO 20 DVD-ROM(for Windows): Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 4 (Recording Software), V-STUDIO 20 Software Effects Editor, V-STUDIO 20 USB Drivers, Owner's Manual (PDF) in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch
- Owner's Manual in English, USB Cable, Cakewalk Service Information Sheet
- Foot Switch: BOSS FS-5U, Dual Foot Switch: BOSS FS-6, Expression Pedal: Roland EV-5 BOSS FV-500L, FV-500H
- Windows XP (32-bit), Windows Vista (32-bit), Windows 7 (32-bit)
*This product does not support Windows XP Media Center Edition or XP Professional x64.
*When running Vista x64 or Windows 7 x64, Guitar Tracks runs in the 32-bit emulation layer.
*Macintosh computers running Microsoft Windows are not officially supported.
- OS requirements on Netbook computers: TBA
- Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+ or higher
(Netbook: Intel Atom or AMD Athlon Neo Processor)
- 512 MB (1 GB or more recommended)
(Netbook: 1 GB)
Hard Disk Space
- 100 MB for core program (6 GB recommended)
- 1024 x 600, 16-bit color screen resolution
- DVD-ROM drive for installation
*Software also available via download for Netbook users without DVD drives
- An internet connection is required for viewing online video tutorials and for uploading music. Cakewalk Publisher requires you to have available web server space with FTP access privileges. QuickTime support requires QuickTime 7 or higher.
Size and Weight ( Hardware )