- Garmin Forerunner 230 GPS Watch
- Premium (Soft Strap) Heart Rate Monitor
- Purple Strike Watch Band
GPS Running Watch with Smart Features
- Tracks distance, pace, time, heart rate and VO2 Max
- Connected features: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking, audio prompts, music controls, smart notifications and social media sharing
- Activity tracking counts daily steps, distance, calories and sleep
- Download data fields, watch faces, widgets and applications from Connect IQ
Customize Your Watch and Your Training
No two runners are the same, and neither are their goals. Set yourself up to reach yours by downloading advanced workouts and training plans to your watch from Garmin Connect. You can even customize your data fields, and download watch faces, widgets and applications all for free at Connect IQ.
On and Off the Road Running
A built-in accelerometer captures distance and pace data when you're running on an indoor track or treadmill, with no need for a separate foot pod accessory. Once you're done running, it doubles as an activity tracker, counting your steps and calories throughout the day. It also reminds you to move after sitting for more than an hour. Forerunner 230 is compatible with GPS and GLONASS satellites to locate your position quickly and precisely whether you?re running deep in the woods or near tall buildings.
Colorful graphic interface shows your heart rate zone and beats per minute at a glance.
It's Simple. Period.
Concise, easy-to-understand charts, graphs, maps and more let you view your activities, track progress toward goals and wirelessly upload and share relevant data directly with the online Garmin Connect network. So, you can compete with friends or family members on weekly step or running challenges - and compare your results in real time, using the LiveTrack feature. You can also use the app's wireless connectivity links to receive current weather conditions, forecasts and smart notifications right on your compatible Garmin device.
- Audio Prompts: Receive audio prompts from your connected smartphone, including laps and lap times.
- Larger Screen: Screen is 44 percent larger than Forerunner 220, but the same physical size.
- Improved Battery Life: Longer battery life than the 220; 16 hours in training mode and up to 5 weeks in watch mode6.
- GPS/GLONASS: Addition of GLONASS capability provides additional accuracy to the Forerunner lineup.
- Smart Notifications/Music Control: See incoming emails, text messages, call alerts, calendar reminders and more from your compatible smartphone. You may also control the music on your smartphone.
- VO2 Max Estimates: Forerunner 230 running watch estimates VO2 max and recovery time and predicts your race times for several distances when used with heart rate monitor.
- Activity Tracking: Forerunner 230 doubles as a watch and activity tracker. Count steps, calories and distance throughout the day. The move bar with vibration alert motivates you to move when you?ve been sitting too long.
- Graphical Interface: An easy-to-read color graph shows your heart rate zone at a quick glance.
- Connect IQ: Download watch faces, widgets, apps and data fields.
- Garmin Connect Mobile App: See a complete picture of your activities. Connected devices allow for instant uploads to the Garmin Connect Mobile app, so you can review and share even before you return to civilization.
Physical & Performance
- Physical Dimensions: 1.77" x 1.77" x 0.46" (45 x 45 x 11.7 mm)
- Display Size, WxH: 1.23" (31.1 mm) diameter
- Display Resolution, WxH: 215 x 180 pixels
- Color Display: Yes
- Weight: 1.4 oz (41 g)
- Battery: Rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery Life: 16 Hours training, 5 weeks watch + AT + Notifications
- Water Rating: 5 ATM
- GPS-Enabled: Yes
- GLONASS: Yes
- High-Sensitivity Receiver: Yes
- Smart Notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone): Yes
- Vibration Alert: Yes
- Music Control: Yes
- Find My Phone: Yes
- VIRB Control: Yes
- Watch Functions: Includes date and alarm
Maps & Memory
- History: 200 hours of activity data
- Virtual Pacer (compares current pace to target): Yes
- V02 Max Estimate: Yes
- Recovery Advisor: Yes
- Race Predictor: Yes
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts, without need for a foot pod): Yes
- Personal Records: Yes
- Bike Speed/Cadence Sensor: Yes (optional)
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes (Some versions)
- Foot Pod: Yes (optional)
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person): Yes
- Virtual Racer (compete against other activities): Yes
- Auto Pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): Yes
- Auto Lap (automatically starts a new lap): Yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): Yes
- Advanced Workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): Yes
- Pace Alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): Yes
- Time/Distance Alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): Yes
- Interval Training (set up exercise and rest intervals): Yes
- Heart Rate-Based Calorie Computation: Yes
- Calculates Calories Burned: Yes
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness): Yes
- Customizable Screen(s): Yes
- Shock Resistant: Yes
Activity Tracking Features
- Step Counter: Yes
- Auto Goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal): Yes
- Move Bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it): Yes
- Sleep Monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep): Yes
- Garmin Connect Compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data): Yes
- Automatic Sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): Yes
- Connect IQ App Support: Yes
This Kit Includes:
Forerunner 230 GPS Running Watch w/ Chest Strap HRM (Black) 010-03717-42
Garmin Forerunner 230 GPS Running Watch w/ Chest Strap HRM (Black) 010-03717-42
Our Price: $199.99
Watch Band, Purple Strike 010-11251-84
Garmin Watch Band, Purple Strike 010-11251-84
Our Price: $32.99